Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:59 AM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Why don't all you ignorant bigots just shut up and stop attacking people who don't fit your idea of perfection. Ghod I'm sick of reading page after page of this rot on every third thread. Get a life and leave gay and trans peole alone.
I don't care what adults do to themselves, I DO care when people allow children to make decisions that will greatly alter their life, and cannot be undone.

Isn't it YOUR hero who says, "It takes a village". Now you don't want the village to speak up?

Once again, liberals: the hypocrisy party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 01:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is what posters have been trying to say, but urbanlife and greywar want to pretend that the law from 1971 covered gender reassignment.

And greywar, it's changed, you can't go in to the military until 18. I had to wait until the day after I turned 18.
Clearly you missed a very key fact, we are not saying that, we are saying the age for medical procedures has been 15 since 1971. The gender reassignment bill just went into effect this January, but because it is a medical procedure, it follows the old law from 1971 that allows anyone over 15 to make the decision for themselves....that seems to the the glaring fact that goes over right wingers' heads.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't care what adults do to themselves, I DO care when people allow children to make decisions that will greatly alter their life, and cannot be undone.

Isn't it YOUR hero who says, "It takes a village". Now you don't want the village to speak up?

Once again, liberals: the hypocrisy party.
So what you are saying is you have no idea what this actual law entitles....obviously you will never get the facts from Fox News, and I highly doubt you will bother to educate yourself in what it does....

Old 07-12-2015, 01:15 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Why don't all you ignorant bigots just shut up and stop attacking people who don't fit your idea of perfection. Ghod I'm sick of reading page after page of this rot on every third thread. Get a life and leave gay and trans peole alone.
I have Gay friends in Portland with children that would literally fly off the handle if one of them did this sort of thing to themselves without their knowledge ... Even Gay people know where to draw the line when it comes to children ..

If a child is so conflicted so as to wanting to cut his or her goodies off, what better parent is there than a Gay one to draw the line?

You can p*ss two or three years away easily with counselling (which is what children and adults get any way before any procedure) ...

Get a grip why don't you --

Old 07-12-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I have Gay friends in Portland with children that would literally fly off the handle if one of them did this sort of thing to themselves without their knowledge ... Even Gay people know where to draw the line when it comes to children ..

If a child is so conflicted so as to wanting to cut his or her goodies off, what better parent is there than a Gay one to draw the line?

You can p*ss two or three years away easily with counselling (which is what children and adults get any way before any procedure) ...

Get a grip why don't you --
For the last time, this bill does not allow a 15yr old to cut off their penis to become a woman, this bill makes it so someone wishing to do gender reassignment can suppress their testosterone to begin the possibility of gender reassignment. This is vis versa for a female wishing to be a male. If you are not going to educate yourself on what this bill actually does, then what is the point in discussing it? Also, the age of medical consent has been the same since 1971, which is 15 years old and was passed by Republicans in the State of Oregon....not sure how more clear I can make this for you guys....

Old 07-12-2015, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
For the last time, this bill does not allow a 15yr old to cut off their penis to become a woman, this bill makes it so someone wishing to do gender reassignment can suppress their testosterone to begin the possibility of gender reassignment. This is vis versa for a female wishing to be a male. If you are not going to educate yourself on what this bill actually does, then what is the point in discussing it? Also, the age of medical consent has been the same since 1971, which is 15 years old and was passed by Republicans in the State of Oregon....not sure how more clear I can make this for you guys....
Excuse me, I was wrong ... The bill allows for them to cut their penis off at the age of 16 -- My bad

To qualify for surgery, the patient must:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/FAQ+-+Prioritized+List+-+Guideline+for+Gender+Dysphoria.pdf

I'm not sure how much more clear the State of Oregon can make this for you guys....

Old 07-12-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Excuse me, I was wrong ... The bill allows for them to cut their penis off at the age of 16 -- My bad

To qualify for surgery, the patient must:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/FAQ+-+Prioritized+List+-+Guideline+for+Gender+Dysphoria.pdf

I'm not sure how much more clear the State of Oregon can make this for you guys....
Only if they qualify, not something anyone takes lightly. And the age of consent has been the same since 1971, not sure how more clear I can make that for you. Why this is an issue for you is beyond me, if you don't like it, then don't raise a child in Oregon. Republicans didn't have an issue with making the age of consent for medical procedures 15 and older back in 1971, and I don't see why that is an issue today.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Only if they qualify, not something anyone takes lightly. And the age of consent has been the same since 1971, not sure how more clear I can make that for you. Why this is an issue for you is beyond me, if you don't like it, then don't raise a child in Oregon. Republicans didn't have an issue with making the age of consent for medical procedures 15 and older back in 1971, and I don't see why that is an issue today.
A child cutting his penis off at the age of 16 in 1971 wasn't an issue -- And you never addressed the fact that they are suddenly allowed to now - The consent deal isn't the problem - it's the presumed ability to self mutilate - Even some of my Gay friends are against it at that age ...

I find the fact that you ignore that even Gay parents are at odds with this to be quite telling --

Old 07-12-2015, 02:34 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
I know I'm tired of progressive's bizarre and creepy social and economic experiments and policies they brainwash and force on everyone. According to progressives, if you don't accept their bizarre and creepy social experiments and policies, you're 'intolerant'. I don't want to be 'tolerant' then. The problem is society enforces 'tolerance' through, if not political, economic blackmail .

Old 07-12-2015, 05:16 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,280,880 times
To reiterate :

Quote:
Which part are you referring to? In Oregon, 15yr old and older has been the age of consent for medical procedures since 1971, back when Republicans ran the state.
And why do you all care so much? Let's leave the medicine up to the doctors. Or is freedom from government interfering in your health care only something that the GOP only trots out for votes while morally judging issues like this and abortion?

This is part of "freedom." You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies