Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,176,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The person who who is most responsible for the debacle and omnishambles know as the Iraq War has the audacity to criticize Obama over his actions in Iraq. What is the USA's No. 1 chicken hawk solution to the Iraq fiasco, send more Americans to die in Iraq. Because of his action future generations will be dealing with the mess he created.

Dick Cheney and Liz Cheney: The Collapsing Obama Doctrine - WSJ
Dick Cheney has quite the nerve...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,449,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Obama is and was trying so hard to be the Anti-Bush he has reversed the positive successes that President Bush Accomplished. It was a hard learning curves for all, but we got the area stabilizes.

Obama on the other hand did not measure this and again made a political decision instead of the interest of America. It would not surprise me If Obama will call GW for advise.

As a Result to stabilize world markets and keep the peace we will have to engage once more. This time I hope we charge the Iraqi's the bill!
There were no positive successes. And the American people wanted OUT of Iraq.

And we never had Iraq stabilized. I really don't know where you guys get that from. It was ALWAYS a grenade ready to blow. We were gonna have to leave eventually anyway...And whenever we left all hell was gonna break loose.

Obama didn't start the Iraq War...he was under no obligation to continue keeping us in an intractable war.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,944,509 times
Quote:
Obama is and was trying so hard to be the Anti-Bush he has reversed the positive successes that President Bush Accomplished.
The only "positive successes Bush accomplished" were getting out of Washington without being charged with war crimes before the whole thing collapsed in Iraq, which was inevitable and a foregone conclusion from the start. That you would use Iraq and success in the same sentence just points out how far removed from reality conservatives are.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,075,868 times
Quote:
Obama is and was trying so hard to be the Anti-Bush he has reversed the positive successes that President Bush Accomplished. It was a hard learning curves for all, but we got the area stabilizes.

Obama on the other hand did not measure this and again made a political decision instead of the interest of America. It would not surprise me If Obama will call GW for advise
Actually the decision to pull out in 2011 was made by GW. No need for a phone call, since "O" had already taken GWs advice on it.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:59 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,343,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
General William E. Odom back in 2004...2004! Less than a year into the war. He said this to Katie Couric....

Oh well!
I like that. Even with over whelming facts and interviews from the Generals, Conservatives refuse to comment or admit. No links from them other than Cheney lies.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I like that. Even with over whelming facts and interviews from the Generals, Conservatives refuse to comment or admit. No links from them other than Cheney lies.
Yeah...because in their minds, Cheney knows more about war and geopolitics than someone like General Odom.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,300,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's endemic of Iraqis as a whole. The were given the opportunity of a lifetime (literally) when we removed a brutal dictator that had slaughtered 1 million of his own people, fed his opposition through wood chippers and had the country at war with it's neighbors much of his time in power.
No, your invasion ruined Iraq. Because of the United States, Iraq is a failed state. It's not hard to find out pre- and post-invasion statistics regarding unemployment, life expectancy, hours of available electricity, all those statistics that describe what makes a nation. Bush and the Republicans made everything worse. Maybe someday Iraq will recover from what Bush did, but to say killing thousands and making millions homeless provides opportunity for all is just right-wing desperation.

Quote:
Yet, in spite of all of that, in spite of the loss of American lives, not to win the war with Iraq (done in 3 weeks) but rather to keep Iraqis from killing each other for the next decade, the people of Iraq STILL couldn't get it together and form a peaceful, stable nation. Instead, they spent much of that time murdering each other.
The ones you didn't get with your cluster bombs and snipers and torturers, you mean.

The way the right pretends they did Iraq a favour disgusts me. I hope someone returns the favour 100 fold upon you so you have some opportunities too.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, your invasion ruined Iraq. Because of the United States, Iraq is a failed state. It's not hard to find out pre- and post-invasion statistics regarding unemployment, life expectancy, hours of available electricity, all those statistics that describe what makes a nation. Bush and the Republicans made everything worse. Maybe someday Iraq will recover from what Bush did, but to say killing thousands and making millions homeless provides opportunity for all is just right-wing desperation.

The ones you didn't get with your cluster bombs and snipers and torturers, you mean.

The way the right pretends they did Iraq a favour disgusts me. I hope someone returns the favour 100 fold upon you so you have some opportunities too.
Again, in their minds, the Iraqis were supposed to kiss our asses for a "liberation" they never asked us for.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 AM

20,095 posts, read 23,125,275 times
Quote:

Obama on the other hand did not measure this and again made a political decision instead of the interest of America. It would not surprise me If Obama will call GW for advise.

As a Result to stabilize world markets and keep the peace we will have to engage once more. This time I hope we charge the Iraqi's the bill!

You're equating stable to an occupying force. Sure- If we want to continue that it will be 'more stable'. However once we leave the region will descend into the quagmire. The U.S. can't 'fix' their long rooted issues.

Let that frickin' country go to hell for all I care. If this 'ISIS' becomes a centralized threat? (a REAL threat to U.S. security)- we bomb them back to the stone age.

Wash, rinse, repeat. I'm tired of us being the 'nation builder' in the armpit of the world. If they do something to us? Ultimate smackdown. No occupation necessary.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:33 PM

4,222 posts, read 2,902,011 times
Surprising interview from Fox News in the wake of that Op-Ed
https://news.yahoo.com/megyn-kelly-d....tsrc=lgwnthis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies