Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,379,331 times

Advertisements

I was just watching O'Reilly's interview with Cheney and I thought Bill would be throwing him softballs but he didn't. He came at him pretty strong asking what he thought we actually gained from the Iraq War and he didn't seemed satisfied with Dick's answers. The best part was when Dick said because Obama pulled out of Iraq now the region is a threat for terrorism again and Bill said "So then we didn't get anything out of the war, right?" Dick fumbled for words and Bill again reiterated that if the country again poses a threat of Al Qaeda terror networks, the war and the money and lives it cost was a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 PM

312 posts, read 494,599 times
Yes, I'm sure any sane American won't deny the Iraq War was a bad idea.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Duuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Anyone that didn't see the Iraq conflict as a big ass waste of time 5 seconds after it started needs to wear a permanent dunce cap. It was THAT obvious right from the beginning.

4500 troops are dead for absolutely NOTHING. ZERO. DONUT.

Truth hurts but that's what Aleve is for. Pop 2 of em.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I was just watching O'Reilly's interview with Cheney and I thought Bill would be throwing him softballs but he didn't. He came at him pretty strong asking what he thought we actually gained from the Iraq War and he didn't seemed satisfied with Dick's answers. The best part was when Dick said because Obama pulled out of Iraq now the region is a threat for terrorism again and Bill said "So then we didn't get anything out of the war, right?" Dick fumbled for words and Bill again reiterated that if the country again poses a threat of Al Qaeda terror networks, the war and the money and lives it cost was a waste.
Care to report the other things he said? Oh that's right you are just posting what is convenient for your agenda? I saw the segment too.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
We got worse than nothing out of the Iraq War; the Baathist government kept the al-Qaeda types, and analogous Shia groups, firmly down. They are now in their glory.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Just spent the weekend with a group of multiple amputee vets... we got a lot out of Iraq... a lot more young men and women tragically disabled for not a damned thing while a man who is a absolute poster board for Chicken Hawk sits around pontificating about how we should still be fighting the most ridiculous war (even more ludicrous that Vietnam) in American history.

*I say that the Iraq exceeded Vietnam in stupidity because Vietnam should have taught us everything that we've ever needed to know about stupid wars.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
When Iraq attacked our ally Kuwait they funked up. When the refused to live up to the condition of the treaty or cease fire or what ever the UN called it we politley enforced for the rest of the world

Who should be thankful

Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
When Iraq attacked our ally Kuwait they funked up.
Nobody knew Kuwait was our "ally" until the day the war broke out. Including our ambassador to Iraq.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
When Iraq attacked our ally Kuwait they funked up. When the refused to live up to the condition of the treaty or cease fire or what ever the UN called it we politley enforced for the rest of the world

Who should be thankful
Nice. And that was worth 4500 American lives?

Our ally Kuwait? LMAO...seriously?

Able bodied Kuwaiti men were partying in Cairo while Americans were saving their asses. And don't tell me about the 2 Kuwaitis that saw combat.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
Lucky Kuwaities

I cant help it if they are sitting on one of the largest oil reserves and transportation depots in the world. If you are saying the US has no geo/political and economic interests in the area you might want to check out where that TSP of your is invested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nice. And that was worth 4500 American lives?

Our ally Kuwait? LMAO...seriously?

Able bodied Kuwaiti men were partying in Cairo while Americans were saving their asses. And don't tell me about the 2 Kuwaitis that saw combat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies