Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support the Usage of Racial/Cultural Slurs?
Yes. I will exercise my freedom of speech whenever possible. 14 36.84%
No. I don't see any point in harboring an intolerant mindset. 24 63.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,250,858 times

Advertisements

It is in my 44+ years experience acceptable for minorities to use what ever racial slurs they like especially in regards to whites. IT is however never acceptable for a white to even think a nonPC thought.
I myself don't use those words. Just as I don't call a woman a B&^%h.
I haved been called cracker I didnt really care either. We can't even describe someone as being articulate without it being construed as double meaning. Way to go PC

Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM

762 posts, read 1,597,311 times
Talking Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Sorry but that is what you seemed to be stating.

You stated black people you know use the dreaded 'N' word but pronounce it with an 'a' on the end thus making it okay...

If it is okay for black people to use in this fashion it must be okay for white people,or do you think only some people should be allowed to use certain words?

Kind of like a linguisitic form of segregation...
yes its ok if we want to say the N word i say it and so do my black friends but we dont say it around white people (I think its akward and disrespectful)
oh and I do have a White friend who I let him say the N word. He won't say it tho. But no white people can't say it its offensive. Since you think its ok be my guest and go say it in on the street have fun

Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,424,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Yep. What do you mean, "fighting to"? Who is fighting to use the word? I hear people, black and white, use the word pretty frequently, as I have my whole life.
Anyone else find this extremely ignorant?,.......no?,.....OK,.....just checking.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM

863 posts, read 2,788,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414og View Post
yes its ok if we want to say the N word i say it and so do my black friends but we dont say it around white people (I think its akward and disrespectful)
oh and I do have a White friend who I let him say the N word. He won't say it tho. But no white people can't say it its offensive. Since you think its ok be my guest and go say it in on the street have fun
Please do not speak as if you were the voice for all black people. I, personally, do not say or want to hear that word, from anyone.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM

762 posts, read 1,597,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye1974 View Post
Please do not speak as if you were the voice for all black people. I, personally, do not say or want to hear that word, from anyone.

Can you please show me where i was the voice for all black people?? I said me and my other FRIENDS WHERE DID I SAY ALL BLACK PEOPLE?

Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,424,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
No one is "fighting" to say it, since it is not illegal to say ni**er.

A lot of things exist whether I like them or not, but that doesn't make it right or wrong .
Maybe you have an example of one?

That is your opinion and others think differently than you. Some people think the term "redneck" is a hateful slur, others embrace the term. It depends on someones perception of a word and that is too subjective to outlaw something.
The fact of the matter is Eminem had every right in the U.S to say that, because he is protected. Imus had every right in the U.S. to say what he did. However, if they have personal or financial repercussions for saying it, so be it. However, they should not face legal ones.

Incase you didn't hear the tapes he said, "**** that ******, I hate that black ******."

If you support this then you are a racist and you should log off and go put your thoughts into action like a real racist would.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,898,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

I haved been called cracker I didnt really care either. We can't even describe someone as being articulate without it being construed as double meaning. Way to go PC
LOL...a friend and I were called 'honkies'(honkeys??honkys??) by two small black children back in the early 1990's,we both found it rather amusing.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,898,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414og View Post
Okay,glad you spelled out for us the double standard you believe in.

In fact you believe in a form of segregated language,you have one set of words and other races have another.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,178,467 times
Would will be a hoot is when DNA testing uncover's 'black' heritage in many White people------especially down South.

I am Nordic 'White' in appearance yet I am 99% sure I have some Black or American Indian on my bio mother's side. Just a very strong feeling here.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,211,306 times
Thanks everyone for the participation but this one has sailed off course a few times too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies