Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:42 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,792,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
IMO opinion nothing. I don't care who you are as long as you provide the service at the place I'm sitting. Hell I don't care if your a devil worhiper or come out with a Klan hat on just get me my food and leave me alone and get me my condiments and my bill. lol

That is how I look at it. Liberals of course thing everybody should be compensated no matter how they perform their job.
Yet, you would "act gay" if you were a server in a restaurant that had a gay clientele to get a better tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 06:49 PM

2,988 posts, read 3,543,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did you bother to read the link? I provided a link to show that you were wrong. Please provide a link supporting that waiters make at least $7.25 per hour - without including tips.
If the waiter's tips don't come out to at least $7.25 per hour (I assume for a given day), then the Employer must make up the difference for the total per hour wage to be $7.25.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,040,537 times
Quote:
So every gay person "acts gay"?
Adapt and overcome or whine like a liberal. That is all I can say. If your work in a gay bar and want tips how would you act if you were straight? Or would you call the po po because you feel it's not fair? LOL

Old 11-16-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Yet, you would "act gay" if you were a server in a restaurant that had a gay clientele to get a better tip.
Exactly. You are slow but are catching on. Not something one learns in a university like you liberals think makes you smart but something learned in the real world. Reality............something liberals never understand.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:26 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,276,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
NO, this is about people like you telling others who they have like and what they have to put with in this country..It's none of YOUR or anyones business if someone doesn't like gays!!! I'd have to say it's people like you trying to tell others how to live are the real "as s hole(s)."
No, it's not about that either and I never said or implied ANYTHING remotely close to it.

Houston, you are free to not like any one you want to based on the color of their skin, the accent they have, who they have sex with, the religion they do or do not practice, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
In other words, the freedom to be an azzhole. Unless, of course, we only support "correct speech." And who decides that?

Regardless, freedom of speech/expression have long been linked (think burning the flag).
If this is even a true incident, it still has nothing to do with "correct speech".

This has everything to do with being a jerk.

The issue wasn't presented as "Customer get's kicked out of restaurant for telling hostess, "no gay servers please, I don't agree with their lifestyle".

In this case, the jerky customer got her panties all wadded up when it came to "tip time", and didn't want to leave a tip because she didn't like something about the server's personal life. Which is NONE of her business to begin with.

But the server was good enough to serve "work for" the family drinks/food, etc.

And yes, tips ARE expected to be left when you are served food/drinks in a restaurant/bar. Kinda the way it's always been. You don't HAVE to (especially if the service stinks), but it is typical and common.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No, it's not about that either and especially NOT because I never said or implied ANYTHING like that.

Houston, you are free to not like any one you want to based on the color of their skin, the accent they have, who they have sex with, the religion they do or do not practice, etc.

If this is even a true incident, it still has nothing to do with "correct speech".

The issue wasn't presented as "Customer get's kicked out of restaurant for telling hostess, "no gay servers please, I don't agree with their lifestyle".

In this case, the jerky customer got her panties all wadded up when it came to "tip time", and didn't want to leave a tip because she didn't like something about the server's personal life. Which is NONE of her business to begin with.

And yes, tips ARE expected to be left when you are served food/drinks in a restaurant/bar. Kinda the way it's always been. You don't HAVE to (especially if the service stinks), but it is typical and common.
None of thier business? Well if they are paying the check it is all of their business. I guess you don't understand how a business operates. Customer service wise and all. The customer is always right. Unless I guess if your gay then you can tell the customer what to do? LOL Do you liberals live anywhere near reality? Apparently not.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:39 PM

2,988 posts, read 3,543,391 times
Quote:
None of thier business? Well if they are paying the check it is all of their business. I guess you don't understand how a business operates. Customer service wise and all. The customer is always right. Unless I guess if your gay then you can tell the customer what to do? LOL Do you liberals live anywhere near reality? Apparently not.
The customer is not always right because if they were, the customer could make up any price they wanted. That being said, tips are not mandatory.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

Illegal aliens are a different story. Myself and many people I know do not tip hotel maids if we think they are illegal. .
This is EXACTLY the reason I speak Spanish to every Hispanic hotel maid and thank them for serving me. They are so used to being treated like second class human beings that one kind word and they will bend over backwards to do be of service to the person who treats them nicely.

So while you are stiffing the woman who got up at 4am and took a crowded subway to her job..... I'm getting asked if I'd like extra pillows and blankets, my bed is turned down, the nicely fluffed pillows have extra mints on them, and I get a surprise free dessert with my room service meal. (Which arrives piping hot.)

Gracias!

Old 11-16-2013, 07:41 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No, it's not about that either and I never said or implied ANYTHING remotely close to it.

Waited tables for two decades.

I loved the work and I'd go back tomorrow if I still had the legs.

Bottom line...in more than twenty years on the floor, no one ever owed me a tip.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,276,739 times
Quote:
No it's not. It isn't ANY of their business. Why WOULD it be?

The customer isn't hiring the staff, the customer has to know NADA about their server. All the customer needs to care about is what they came for: good food/good service.

I do UNDERSTAND how a business operates as I own two.

You should probably go look up my posting history before you assume I'm a liberal.

Sometimes COMMON SENSE is just COMMON SENSE and has NO party attached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies