Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 01:03 PM

30,117 posts, read 25,237,045 times

Advertisements

Bwahaha, I laughed hard. Gee, I thought we were a raceless society? I thought the color of your skin is a non factor in this day and age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,384,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It appears that 3 or maybe 4 people read the article and didnt just jump to conclusions.

The man made it seem as if he was endorsed by someone the community respected

And LOL About the against gay marriage line, has anyone ever been to the South ? The Democrats around here are all against gay marriage, atleast the elected one. The guy who just won my districts primary for congress is against gay marriage.
It's painfully obvious that only a few people read the piece because for the most part I left it with far more questions than answers. Hell, it didn't even state which office was being contested for.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Bwahaha, I laughed hard. Gee, I thought we were a raceless society? I thought the color of your skin is a non factor in this day and age?
Who ever stated that we were a raceless society?

BTW...what in the hell is a "raceless" society? Where does that exist?

Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 PM

30,117 posts, read 25,237,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who ever stated that we were a raceless society?

BTW...what in the hell is a "raceless" society? Where does that exist?
By that I mean, race is no longer a deciding factor in elections, employment, where folks have to take a dump, etc. But now we find out, race is VERY important, possibly even the deciding factor for many AA voters. I am TRULY shocked... NOT!

Old 11-10-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
By that I mean, race is no longer a deciding factor in elections, employment, where folks have to take a dump, etc. But now we find out, race is VERY important, possibly even the deciding factor for many AA voters. I am TRULY shocked... NOT!
How is it a deciding factor. They voted for a white man who some may have thought was black. ...over an ACTUAL black man.

If his opponent was white, you might have a case, but he wasn't and you don't.

You conservatives are never happy. Black folks voted in a white Republican over a black incumbent, and you're STILL crying like a toddler.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:49 PM

11,404 posts, read 16,843,957 times
Doesn't matter which side he fooled. Just proves how stupid the average American voter is.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:59 PM

109 posts, read 91,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why do you continue to lie ? Where are all these dead voters ?

In the graveyard? Just a guess though.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,379,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
His pamphlets clearly mark him as a conservative. He even mentions that he is anti-gay marriage oddly enough for his job, which you would think has little to do with this issue.

You do realize that there are black conservatives, don't you? Has it ever occured to you that there are blacks that are against gay marriage? Here is another news flash, there are more blacks who are traditionally more conservative then liberal but since the republican party as a whole does not care/want them they are forces to vote democratic because there are only two parties to choose from.

No one, I repeat, no one is accusing him of hiding his positions on the issues. He is being accused of being deceptive on his race and being deceptive that a well known area black man endorsed him (same name as his cousin).
From my understanding is that he ran against another blackman who has been in office for a long time, maybe they felt that it was time for a change. The deception regarding his "black" endorsement is deceptive but not truely uncommon among politicians.

So now what, he got elected what is he going to do now? He has deceived the people that voted for him so that means now that he actually has to go to work and back up what he claimed that he would do because it will not happen again. All that he really did was make the blacks in the area that felt that they have been dupped is hate the republican party even more.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,705,549 times
This is pretty funny and also pretty sad! Just shows that most people only vote for people for stupid reasons and biases. The thing is, no one is calling those black people who voted for him racist, even though they clearly are. If this happened the opposite way, with a black person pretending to be white to get votes in a white community, everyone including the media would be crying racist.

What's with the double standard? Voting for a person because of their skin color is wrong regardless.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Doesn't matter which side he fooled. Just proves how stupid the average American voter is.
Where's the proof that he fooled anyone to begin with?

Funny, i haven't seen any news of the blacks in his district being even a tiny bit angry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
From my understanding is that he ran against another blackman who has been in office for a long time, maybe they felt that it was time for a change. The deception regarding his "black" endorsement is deceptive but not truely uncommon among politicians.

So now what, he got elected what is he going to do now? He has deceived the people that voted for him so that means now that he actually has to go to work and back up what he claimed that he would do because it will not happen again. All that he really did was make the blacks in the area that felt that they have been dupped is hate the republican party even more.
Truth is, i don't even think this is much of a story. Conservatives thought they had something to glom onto, but if you read the link, the story comes up lame for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies