Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Politician wins election by lying to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 07:58 PM

26,492 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What was the race of the other guy? A black democrat?
Black Democrat Incumbent of 24 years. Local media considers it a major upset against overwhelming odds.

The black Democrat is alleging that the "race deception" stole votes from him.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Since I live outside of the City of Houston, I wasn't able to vote for the HCC board member. But I do wonder if it wasn't more about voting out the encumbent than it was about voting for someone they thought was black. It's not like the candidates for that office had an R or a D beside their names, so my conclusion is it was more an anti-encumbent vote than anything.
Black communities do not vote out black incumbents.

They were duped, and rightfully so.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uhhh..what did he run for, what was the race of his competitor and how many people voted?

That piece was full of holes. I can't draw any conclusions from it.
How unusual.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Politician wins election by lying to people.
Keep Obama out of it.

If there were no (D) or (R) allowed in the ballot box, there would never be another dummycrat elected.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
god that is hilarious

Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 PM

16,583 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Just another example of what society is turning into.
Sadly it has been this way much longer than most believe. Racial/ethnic politics is something we cringe at, yet when minorities take over, rarely will you see someone of a different race ever get elected again. It seems that most whites are inclined to vote for minorities, not the other way around.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't get it. Did this guy change all of his positions to make it seem like he was a democrat? Did he even campaign with any platform?

I was waiting for someone to mention that. I think that the whole thing smells fishy because how does anyone know if he was voted in because he was black or because what he ran on? If a bald head buck- tooth midget from Borneo ran as a republican in a all black democratic district and he promised to do what the people wanted and won, how can anyone prove that the voters did not feel sorry for him rather than what he stood for.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
1. this is some irrelevant position 90 + percent of the electorate didnt even know about, Houston Community College board, who cares.

2. when most people go into the booth and vote there are hundreds of names on the sheet that most people have never heard of.

3. just because people voted for wilson, doesnt mean they voted for him because he's black. there's no proof of that. he openly admitted he lied about his positions and who he was, and never showed himself in any advertisements.

4. he may get kicked off the board for.

5. its a houston community college board, who cares.

6. its a houston community college board, who cares.
Um, sorry Charlie but when a couple fundies snuck onto the meaningless KS school board, tried to ban teaching evolution but were shot down and then voted out....we never got to hear the end of it.

To this day we have lwnj's like you trolling us over it so enjoy the karma.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 PM

26,492 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I was waiting for someone to mention that. I think that the whole thing smells fishy because how does anyone know if he was voted in because he was black or because what he ran on? If a bald head buck- tooth midget from Borneo ran as a republican in a all black democratic district and he promised to do what the people wanted and won, how can anyone prove that the voters did not feel sorry for him rather than what he stood for.
His pamphlets clearly mark him as a conservative. He even mentions that he is anti-gay marriage oddly enough for his job, which you would think has little to do with this issue.

No one, I repeat, no one is accusing him of hiding his positions on the issues. He is being accused of being deceptive on his race and being deceptive that a well known area black man endorsed him (same name as his cousin).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies