Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,309,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

The person offering the above comment was probably outof the USA these past several weeks, because probably anyone who is old-enoughto read and write understands who attempted to so badly damage our nation, andwho, for 16+ days dealt a financial blow to millions of Americans and untoldnumbers of small businesses. It was the American Taliban, our domesticterrorists. God Bless the President of the United States of America for notgiving-in to extortion.
Yes both parties dug in without regard to the American public. Neither party wanted to compromise and finally we had yet another meltdown. This didn't begin 16 days ago and it didn't end last night.
The american taliban. One of my favorites. One might want to look up the human rights violations and atrocities committed by the Taliban.
Has the Tea party burned anyone alive? Strapped bombs on mentally disabled people? Not that I am aware of anyway.
I am no fan or supporter of the Tea party, but I agree with them that Government spending is completely out of control. The culture of waste can not be denied. The sense of entitlement can not be denied. They pamper themselves with every luxury. Then ask for more tax dollars.
I'm sorry I don't support porksters regardless of party. Look no further than the immigration reform bill which in reality does very little to address our immigration problems. Much like the ACA does nothing to address our high cost of medicine. What they both have in common is that they grow government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM

229 posts, read 164,338 times
This is the entire reason we had pistols at 20 paces.
Individuals got tired of egging it on.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,822,636 times
Desperate Democrats? Are you and the rest of us even on the same planet?

Rightly or wrongly, Democrats are crowing in victory, feeling assured that they'll have both houses of congress in 2014 and the presidency again in 2016. There's nothing desperate about Democrats this morning.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM

18,013 posts, read 15,742,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yall lost. Let it go.
And THAT'S what it's really all about, at the end, isn't it. Who "won". Rah rah, gooooo team go!!! I wonder how many people are just looking at that, instead of what was at stake. Or even cared to begin with. It's all just about winning tbe game. Being able to have bragging rights and cocka doodle doo from the rooftop. More like a sporting event than the future of our country.

OK Dems, you "won". When you get done with your hoo rahing and butt slapping, there's a mess to clean up. Providing your not to busy. I realize tbat the problems with the ACA and the debt are all the fault of the losing team here, but, the "winners" get to lead the way. We the People are waiting. Enthtalled and enraptured by your light of ethereal truth. So show us whatcha got. We should expect nothing but unicorns and glitter, now that Obama and the flying monkeys like Reid and Pelosi have the reins. Right?!

Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,519,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And THAT'S what it's really all about, at the end, isn't it. Who "won". Rah rah, gooooo team go!!! I wonder how many people are just looking at that, instead of what was at stake. Or even cared to begin with. It's all just about winning tbe game. Being able to have bragging rights and cocka doodle doo from the rooftop. More like a sporting event than the future of our country.

OK Dems, you "won". When you get done with your hoo rahing and butt slapping, there's a mess to clean up. Providing your not to busy. I realize tbat the problems with the ACA and the debt are all the fault of the losing team here, but, the "winners" get to lead the way. We the People are waiting. Enthtalled and enraptured by your light of ethereal truth. So show us whatcha got. We should expect nothing but unicorns and glitter, now that Obama and the flying monkeys like Reid and Pelosi have the reins. Right?!
Nah, talk is cheap, how much you wana bet, we get pretty much of the damn same, and what have we really won, what have we gained. Party lights and glitter, don't think so. Wish so, but am a realistic person.

I honestly sincerely don't think there should be any bragging rights, because they both acted as stubborn idiots, only looking for a win, but not a win for us the people. How much you wana bet, the mess won't be clean up, and there will be more messes along the way. I disaprove of the antics of both gosh damn partys, and they both need to change, they both do.

I swear which is the lesser of the two evils, and i have already have my opinion.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,187,989 times
Quote:

Nope, wrong again.

Anyone who denies the GOPs complicity in this mess is delusional, at best, and a liar at worst.

And idiocy part 2 starts in 2014, expect more of the same.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM

47,140 posts, read 26,290,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Fact: Democrats have been in charge of the Senate and the Presidency for 5+ years and we haven't had a budget since they got trounced in 2010.
Oh, so you do know what a fact is. Now try to address the fact-challenged OP, perhaps?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,923,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, wrong again.

Anyone who denies the GOPs complicity in this mess is delusional, at best, and a liar at worst.

And idiocy part 2 starts in 2014, expect more of the same.
Yep. The fools are so happy with their first shutdown that they are already planning on doing it again. Speaking before yesterday's vote, Republican Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana had this to say:

“I’ll vote against it,” Fleming said, as quoted by the New York Times. “But that will get us into Round 2. See, we’re going to start this all over again.”

GOP Rep Looks To Next Showdown: 'We

That beatdown felt good, sir. Please, may I have another?

Only this time, I think there are at least 87 Republicans in the House who might decide not to aid and abet again.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,822,636 times
Quote:

No, that's not the point. And yes, lots of things need to be addressed by adults who have the country's best interest at heart. The budget/deficits/debt all need to be discussed and workable solutions need to be found. The ACA may be need to be tweaked, or it may need to be repealed. BUT, the Democrats did NOT cause the recent government shutdown and are not now acting "desperate" in an attempt to deflect blame. Anyone who was watching politics for the last month and who has a shred of honesty knows that it was the Tea Party and a disorganized Republican party who took the country to the brink of default and cost taxpayers $24 billion. That is the only rational way to look at it.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 PM

47,140 posts, read 26,290,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yep. The fools are so happy with their first shutdown that they are already planning on doing it again. Speaking before yesterday's vote, Republican Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana had this to say:

“I’ll vote against it,” Fleming said, as quoted by the New York Times. “But that will get us into Round 2. See, we’re going to start this all over again.”

GOP Rep Looks To Next Showdown: 'We

That beatdown felt good, sir. Please, may I have another?

Only this time, I think there are at least 87 Republicans in the House who might decide not to aid and abet again.
Fleming appears to be an incompetent who doesn't know the details of the deal. Yeah - the last bit of that sentence was a bit redundant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies