Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 10:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,497,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes and no. The U-6 number is more stringent than the idea that one is in a job beneath their current skill level.

U-6 is indifferent to jobs beneath the jobholder's skill level, U-6 considers underemployment solely to constitute those who work part-time because they can't find full-time work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
The pre existing clause takes effect Jan 2014 but open enrollment is NOW, that is why people are jumping on it.

I'm curious how the open market will play out. Here in CA the only things you can buy now are what's inside the exchange. Blue Shield is ONLY selling the same 5 policies on/off the exchange, Blue Cross and Kaiser added a few additional plans with a twist, and nobody else is selling in my region as of now. I'm getting this from ehealthinsurance. I did hear that contracts were still being worked out and in a month or so others may jump in but who knows. I'd hate to think we had no other options than the exchange groups but Aetna is sitting out of the individual open market this year , that I know.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Wait, isn't this a highly regressive tax? Why aren't liberals all over this?
It is a regressive tax in particular you can't make ends meat by paying for it IF you can't apply for Medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
U-6 is indifferent to jobs beneath the jobholder's skill level, U-6 considers underemployment solely to constitute those who work part-time because they can't find full-time work.
Exactly. I was replying to the poster that claimed it did include underemployment (and it has gone down.) The issue is what the government considers to be "Underemployment" isn't the actual meaning of the word is where you are working below your skill level. As you mentioned, it is looking for full-time work while working part-time.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:27 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
That is right the insurance agencies do not have to accept pre existing conditions at this moment but the federal gvt set up a pool and funded it with 5 billion. This article explains it way better then I do :

Obamacare Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage: Low Enrollment, High Costs
I am aware of that. It ran out of money (surprise, surprise) and stopped taking any
new applicants.

TY for the info though

Old 10-11-2013, 07:00 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,579,504 times
What I want to know is why Urckle can pick and choose which part of the UCA he wants. The law was written passed and should be implemented as written for everyone to suffer under

Old 10-11-2013, 07:03 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
What I want to know is why Urckle can pick and choose ...

The law was written passed and should be implemented as written for everyone to suffer under
Urckle Totally agree. Either all or none.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:10 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,449,916 times
Will gang bangers sign up? How about illegal hispanics, muzzlims, native americans, drug addicts, vagrants, squeegee guys, beach bums, etc.....will they all go on the website and sign up? bwahahahhaaa.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,721,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Will gang bangers sign up? How about illegal hispanics, muzzlims, native americans, drug addicts, vagrants, squeegee guys, beach bums, etc.....will they all go on the website and sign up? bwahahahhaaa.
Why don't you go to the website and sign up even though you are probably already on a gubbermint program I am guessing. You will be able to sign up unless you are over 65 and then tell us how easy it was. Not too many anti-gubbermint Tea Partiers have said it was easy. You can be the first.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
What I want to know is why Urckle can pick and choose which part of the UCA he wants. The law was written passed and should be implemented as written for everyone to suffer under
Because Washington is do as I say, not as I do. Just look at the fiasco with the shutdown.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:06 AM

27,183 posts, read 15,359,752 times
Individual Mandate = Head Tax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies