Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times

Advertisements

I feel like its going to be delayed because of the healthcare.gov debacle. It is ironic because that's what the Republicans wanted with the debt ceiling. Point is, if it is going to be delayed because you can't buy off some of the exchanges currently, is it just "politics" then that Obama doesn't side with the Republicans even though he knows he is going to have to delay the Individual Mandate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,554,410 times
Remember when the regime claimed the website would be a 'world class experience'?

heh heh.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,026,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I feel like its going to be delayed because of the healthcare.gov debacle. It is ironic because that's what the Republicans wanted with the debt ceiling. Point is, if it is going to be delayed because you can't buy off some of the exchanges currently, is it just "politics" then that Obama doesn't side with the Republicans even though he knows he is going to have to delay the Individual Mandate?

Delayed? You mean the program that started on October 1st?

Now, if you meant to post this back in September...........

Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times
You don't have to scrap Obamacare to delay the individual mandate. They already delayed the business insurance mandate.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,275 times
No one from the left wants to discuss how it is fair that Obama passed out waivers and gave corporations a year to provide health insurance for their employees and exempted them from the fines. But is making the people buy HC insurance or face a fine. How is that fair?

Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,877,477 times
The Republicans asked for a 1 year delay on the Individual Mandate... Obama said no... If Obama is going to delay the mandate later, it simply means he was creating the shutdown for purely political reasons... I said it first... we will see what happens!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Delayed? You mean the program that started on October 1st?

Now, if you meant to post this back in September...........
No, the mandate starts 1/1/2014.
Every citizen in the US must have health insurance or pay a penalty.
The illegals get a free pass though.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,026,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The Republicans asked for a 1 year delay on the Individual Mandate... Obama said no... If Obama is going to delay the mandate later, it simply means he was creating the shutdown for purely political reasons... I said it first... we will see what happens!

I can understand the one year delay for Unions and Business. After all, such organizations do not develop cancer, diabetes, etc. Plus, I imagine that all Union members (and many business employees) already have health insurance. The delay was to give time to issue various regulations (including a period for comment).

Yet, the individual mandate is for those who do not have health insurance. No doubt there are many people with pre-existing conditions who desire to obtain such insurance through the exchanges. I see no valid reason to 'delay' their getting insurance for a year.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,275 times
Pre existing conditions is already in effect and no one I know of is talking about any delay.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 AM

3,407 posts, read 3,454,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I can understand the one year delay for Unions and Business. After all, such organizations do not develop cancer, diabetes, etc. Plus, I imagine that all Union members (and many business employees) already have health insurance. The delay was to give time to issue various regulations (including a period for comment).

Yet, the individual mandate is for those who do not have health insurance. No doubt there are many people with pre-existing conditions who desire to obtain such insurance through the exchanges. I see no valid reason to 'delay' their getting insurance for a year.
Delaying the individual mandate doesnt stop the pre exisiting condition part of the law. Those people can still get insurance under ACA. All tge delay of the individual mandate does is not penalize those who decide they dont want to purchase or pay a tax for not buying insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies