Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM

63,013 posts, read 29,216,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Repeating the same crap over and over....... OCD.
Yes, that is all she does. She takes every opportunity to demonize conservatives for everything. She can't make one post without doing that.

Yes, most conservatives do oppose abortion but so what? Abortion should not be a form of birth control. On the other hand far too many irresponsible people have babies they know they can't afford and that the government via our taxes will take care of them instead. Those are the kinds of people she should be demonizing not conservatives who want people to act responsibly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,720,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The two things aren't related. There is such a thing as abstinence. I know liberals think it is unsophisticated. But in the past the pill hadn't been invented and abortion was illegal, and yet we weren't overrun with kids. Because then personal responsibility wasn't considered gauche.

It's like saying don't complain about shoplifting if you have stores open. It's the same level of logic. Just like having shelves of items in front of you doesn't make you a thief, nobody is forced to engage in an activity that results in pregnancy.
Have you ever lived in a red state are with a lot of white people who vote republican and are lucky to have made it out of high school? They know the system pretty well. The collect every benefit they can and vote reliably republican and claim EIC and every break they can. They have snap, school, lunches, Obama phones, and every handout you can think of. I don't really care though because they only have one or two kids same as everyone else. If your black or Hispanic though its bad in some peoples book. That's welfare but if your white its ok...

Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,834,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Have you ever lived in a red state are with a lot of white people who vote republican and are lucky to have made it out of high school? They know the system pretty well. The collect every benefit they can and vote reliably republican and claim EIC and every break they can. They have snap, school, lunches, Obama phones, and every handout you can think of. I don't really care though because they only have one or two kids same as everyone else. If your black or Hispanic though its bad in some peoples book. That's welfare but if your white its ok...
Maybe you should look at the statistics before posting ignorant platitudes.

The data is 10 years old; but nothing has changed to shift it in any meaningful way

As a group, the 207 million white residents in the U.S. population receive $212 billion in benefits. As a group, then, they receive some $1,022 per person in welfare aid.

There are some 30 million Hispanic residents in the U.S., and Hispanics as a group receive $69 billion in welfare, or roughly $2,210 per person. As a group, the 33 million black residents in the U.S. receive $105 billion in welfare aid, or roughly $3,230 per person.
Welfare Expenditures by Ethnic Group | Heartland Institute

Old 10-03-2013, 07:40 PM

542 posts, read 692,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
WIC support for moms, babies threatened during shutdown - CBS News

This is disturbing. Why are so many people having babies they can't support?
I've also heard that 50% of all pregnancies are unplanned. Ignorance and lack of access to contraceptives and health care, through financial as well as political reasons, might be contributing factors.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,834,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
I've also heard that 50% of all pregnancies are unplanned. Ignorance and lack of access to contraceptives and health care, through financial as well as political reasons, might be contributing factors.
It isn't an access problem or knowledge problem.

Stupid should hurt, democrats want to protect everyone from hurting, thus no one ever gets smarter.

We no longer have consequences and repercussions for bad life decisions

Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 PM

215 posts, read 297,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
A lot public middle schools hand out contraceptives.

Or it could be they have plenty of information, with no parental supervision.

Or it could be they get a lot of positive attention and reinforcement for having a baby.

Or it could be that mom had a baby at 16, and dad is no where to be found. The boyfriend gives a little bit of attention, becomes a dad himself, and another WIC baby is born.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,903,261 times
Instead we reward them for doing the wrong thing. Case in point those who have babies without being married and poor are handed a lot of welfare goodies. If one works hard often they find themselves struggling to get ahead and may have to take out loans in college to get ahead. Those on welfare often do things like drugs and often don't care if they better themselves and if they choose to have more options. Also, say that person not on welfare is childless and loses their job then tough luck getting any welfare. Is this fair? nope.

Most of the kids I have known raised on welfare had kids on welfare. I've known most to start as teens. Many had several kids too.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 PM

215 posts, read 297,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Instead we reward them for doing the wrong thing. Case in point those who have babies without being married and poor are handed a lot of welfare goodies. If one works hard often they find themselves struggling to get ahead and may have to take out loans in college to get ahead. Those on welfare often do things like drugs and often don't care if they better themselves and if they choose to have more options. Also, say that person not on welfare is childless and loses their job then tough luck getting any welfare. Is this fair? nope.

Most of the kids I have known raised on welfare had kids on welfare. I've known most to start as teens. Many had several kids too.
Yes, but I wouldn't trade places with them. I would rather find another job or work for myself or depend on friends and family. There is always a way.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,903,261 times
I would rather work too, but I want them to work as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,438,560 times
The ignore feature is your friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies