Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Sure, but whites have lower poverty rates to begin with (just like Asians). As such, we need more programs to ensure family planning is done, and contraceptives are widely used.
all I am saying is that the US can never be compared with europe. totally different worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 02:40 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
We are evil because we made smart decisions throughout our life, now we must pay for all of those that made dumb life choices. If we don't want to pay we become evil and racists.
And don't forget we also hate babies and the poor.

It drives me nuts because I have seen this lifestyle for years and lived in an area with these people. They refused to take responsibility for their actions while I did. I managed never to become pregnant or become a drain on society. Instead I spent my life getting an education and getting a career.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:44 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
all I am saying is that the US can never be compared with europe. totally different worlds.
I can point to how Europe has much more extensive family planning and easier access to free contraceptives, and say - gee, y'know, maybe, just maybe that helps.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:45 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
For one, I cannot feed unborn babies.

Two, people are not dieing in the street due to hunger.

Three, I do not receive any government subsidies to take away.

Four, every time democrats vote to raise my taxes to support these types of programs it directly affects my ability to provide for myself and my family.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:47 PM

577 posts, read 512,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
WIC support for moms, babies threatened during shutdown - CBS News

This is disturbing. Why are so many people having babies they can't support?
I think it's probably cheaper to provide WIC and ensure that mothers and babies are healthy, rather than paying for an increase in costs associated with caring for sick babies and mothers.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I can point to how Europe has much more extensive family planning and easier access to free contraceptives, and say - gee, y'know, maybe, just maybe that helps.
and I could point to how europe has more people paying into the system, so they get more back. I could point to how europe doesn't have a problem with 20,000,000 people being in their country illegally, and milking their system. like I said, you can't compare us to europe.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
I know couples who can barely afford the ones they have but keep having more. They are not even the "stupid" kind who don't know anything about BC. One of my friend is a nurse. Has 4 kids and is pregnant with her 5th. All she does is complain about how crappy CHIP is and how her older PCP doesn't take Medicaid and she can't see the OB she wants because he also doesn't accept Medicaid patients.

I know another one who just had her 4th kid 2 months ago and has lived off assistance since she had her first. Her husband is a drug dealer and makes a lot of $$ under the table obviously. They are also on assistance. She even had a lap band (or was it gastric bypass) surgery on taxpayers' dime back in 2011. Oh and was b*tching about WIC not providing free diapers and the formula that she likes?!?

It's like get a frickin clue for goodness sake and stop reproducing.

I have a child I can barely afford because her father refuses to pay and there is no way in hell I am going to have another one until I am financially stable again. I would never expect other people to pay for bad decisions I make. It is not right.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:53 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and I could point to how europe has more people paying into the system, so they get more back. I could point to how europe doesn't have a problem with 20,000,000 people being in their country illegally, and milking their system. like I said, you can't compare us to europe.
Sure you can, things don't have to be identical, and I'm talking about the efficacy of programs, not demographics.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Those are the mooches having babies not the educated people who support their kids.
At some point the ratio of moochers to workers hits a point where it can't function anymore... I think we are there or getting there.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Sure you can, things don't have to be identical, and I'm talking about the efficacy of programs, not demographics.
yes, but education is supposed to have something to do with how successful a program is. english is a second language to many latinos, and blacks have a high drop out rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies