Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,255,419 times

Advertisements

**** doesn't make sense.

Many murderers who use a gun have purchased guns legally, used someone else's gun, or bought it from the black market. The majority of the time the guns are handguns.

All the gun laws in Chicago and DC don't mean **** if the gangs that make those cities on the top of the charts for violence can easily get guns.

Gun accidents are due to negligence by people who lawfully purchased guns.

The only truly effective gun control methods are metal detectors used in airports and courtrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,354,834 times
I don't have a problem with background checks to investigate a pattern of criminal or mental health issues, but this could never and will never be used consistently or in a way that will ensure certain people who might not be responsible gun owners won't get their hands on them. There's a black market for anything and everything, A person can get a gun if they want a gun.

Many drugs are illegal. Doesn't stop people from making and using them.

I believe in the right to bear arms. If the military and police force can have guns, citizens should be able to as well.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:05 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,587,629 times
It's a hard task. Law Enforcement needs to target gang areas. Those found in illegal possession of a firearm need to face tougher sentences.
No more of this revolving door justice system.

Parents need to do more about keeping an eye on their kids too.

And we need to get people to come forward and report things if someone they know shouldn't own a firearm.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,067,848 times
I'm tired of the gun control BS. You don't want to carry on or own one don't. Reap your rewards. You try and take mine you will have trouble. The problem is the gun control loons want to make folks who own guns the criminals instead of the criminals who commit the crime. First thing I heard after the shootout at the naval yard was well if we got rid of guns this wouldn't happen. Pure BS. I'm sick of it. So anti gunners should just shut the hell up. You don't want a gun don't get one. Leave everybody else alone. You just call 911 and all will be well like your government tells you and leave us all alone you control freaks. How has that call 911 worked out anyway? Not to well. But don't worry because the government is right and you do what your told...................fools.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,067,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
It's a hard task. Law Enforcement needs to target gang areas. Those found in illegal possession of a firearm need to face tougher sentences.
No more of this revolving door justice system.

Parents need to do more about keeping an eye on their kids too.

And we need to get people to come forward and report things if someone they know shouldn't own a firearm.
If anybody in the government cared they would look into the mental health aspect of all this but they haven't and they don't. They just want votes. It's pathetic. I'm tired of it all myself. We have the piece of paper and that is what I go by and so should the rest. Call 911 is all I can say if folks don't want to defend themselves. Good luck. Pure stupidity is going on in this country and it's out of control.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,255,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm tired of the gun control BS. You don't want to carry on or own one don't. Reap your rewards. You try and take mine you will have trouble. The problem is the gun control loons want to make folks who own guns the criminals instead of the criminals who commit the crime. First thing I heard after the shootout at the naval yard was well if we got rid of guns this wouldn't happen. Pure BS. I'm sick of it. So anti gunners should just shut the hell up. You don't want a gun don't get one. Leave everybody else alone. You just call 911 and all will be well like your government tells you and leave us all alone you control freaks. How has that call 911 worked out anyway? Not to well. But don't worry because the government is right and you do what your told...................fools.
911 is used for emergency first aid and a delayed response to a criminal.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:17 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,916,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
**** doesn't make sense.

Many murderers who use a gun have purchased guns legally, used someone else's gun, or bought it from the black market. The majority of the time the guns are handguns.

All the gun laws in Chicago and DC don't mean **** if the gangs that make those cities on the top of the charts for violence can easily get guns.

Gun accidents are due to negligence by people who lawfully purchased guns.

The only truly effective gun control methods are metal detectors used in airports and courtrooms.

"how does gun control keep guns out of the hands of people that use them to commit crime?"

It doesn't .. gun control does absolutely "nothing" to keep the guns out of the hands of the criminal .. There is no law in the land that has been written, or will be written, that will prevent the criminal from obtaining a firearm .. NONE.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
You don't want to carry on or own one don't.
I agree, but I feel the same exact way about issues like abortion and same sex marriage.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,587,629 times
Quote:
If anybody in the government cared they would look into the mental health aspect of all this but they haven't and they don't. They just want votes. It's pathetic. I'm tired of it all myself. We have the piece of paper and that is what I go by and so should the rest. Call 911 is all I can say if folks don't want to defend themselves. Good luck. Pure stupidity is going on in this country and it's out of control.
They won't do anything because they are all paid for by big pharma.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
"how does gun control keep guns out of the hands of people that use them to commit crime?"

It doesn't .. gun control does absolutely "nothing" to keep the guns out of the hands of the criminal .. There is no law in the land that has been written, or will be written, that will prevent the criminal from obtaining a firearm .. NONE.
Yup.

It's not as if you can "dis-create" the gun.

Again, I don't oppose any and all regulation, but we should realize that nothing is going to stop a person from getting their hands on whatever firearms they want if they have the drive to acquire them.

I hate the fact that regular, responsible, respectable gun owners are so often equated with criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies