Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:53 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,850,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I'm not talking about your SD weapon.
I mean if you have multiple weapons that could get stolen during a break-in.
I am 'duly' chastised my good friend!

(I needed that)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,049,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
**** doesn't make sense.

Many murderers who use a gun have purchased guns legally, used someone else's gun, or bought it from the black market. The majority of the time the guns are handguns.

All the gun laws in Chicago and DC don't mean **** if the gangs that make those cities on the top of the charts for violence can easily get guns.

Gun accidents are due to negligence by people who lawfully purchased guns.

The only truly effective gun control methods are metal detectors used in airports and courtrooms.
If we're talking about all the shootings recently;

Pharmaceutical companies probably throw around more money to keep their image out of the limelight, and let guns take all the blame. Nobody ever seems to spend much time focusing on the fact all these shooters are on some heavy legal drugs...

Old 09-21-2013, 11:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,239,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I don't have a problem with background checks to investigate a pattern of criminal or mental health issues, but this could never and will never be used consistently or in a way that will ensure certain people who might not be responsible gun owners won't get their hands on them.
Back in the 90's they passed background checks here in PA. As written it was "reasonable" becsue the checks are instant and it only costs a few bucks, the law explicitly forbade that information from being used to build a registry. Despite that fact the State police found a loophole and have used it to build a registry. Since then I'm completely soured on anything being suggested as reasonable.

The mental issue opens a can of worms, I have great concerns about someone in the medical profession who is more likely to be in the anti-gun camp having the power to strip me of my constitutional rights. There is other issues too such as those with mental illness not seeking help becsue their guns may be taken away.

Quote:
If the military and police force can have guns, citizens should be able to as well.
Anything the cops can justify having a citizen can justify.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:02 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,587,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I am 'duly' chastised my good friend!

(I needed that)
Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies