Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,514,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Which is total crap, since the senate doesn't need to pass a budget. That complaint is a GOP talking point. Any budget the senate passes is symbolic, since as noted above, the house controls the purse strings. The senate could pass a $20 trillion budget that buys only chocolate bunnies and it wouldn't mean anything.
More specifically, the Senate cannot pass a budget if it does not pass the House first. The House is responsible for originating the budget, which the Senate may amend like any other bill, but first it has to pass the House.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,073,212 times
Liberals always return to blaming Bush when Obama looks bad.Typical hope no one will notice that first he flubbed domestic policy and now Foreign policy. never thought I'd see day when NY times runs Op-ed by Putin but we have. Putin appealing directly to American people for support on his policies.Een strange now to see Obama quoting regan and saying one famous American president said .... He's now used trust but verify in two major speeches.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,514,771 times
Quote:
I'm glad you understand that. I can only assume you agree with me that we can blame the GOP house obstructionism for the lackluster economy.
You seem to have forgotten that it was the Democrat controlled House and Senate that almost doubled the National Debt from 2007 through 2010 with their irrational and irresponsible spending, which ultimately caused the recession that we are still trying to dig our way out.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:10 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,783,977 times
Quote:
A greater load of tripe has rarely been seen, and for this site, that's saying something. There you go with your fascist talk, which no one here, not even the worst lunatic wingers, take seriously.
People ignorant about history won't take it seriously. Educated folks do, because it is the truth. Woodrow Wilson = fascist.

Quote:
Obama wrecked the economy?
Yup. Destroyed the 40 hour work week too. A competent President would have presided over a robust recovery the past few years. If it weren't for fracking, which Obama is against, we would be in a recession.

Quote:
Who was president in 2008 when the economy went completely down the s**tter? Who was president during the fourth quarter of 2008 when the GDP declined more than 9%?
Things started to go to s--t when those corrupt idiots Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid gained control of both houses in 2007 thus making Bush a total lame duck.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:13 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,685,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Things started to go to s--t when those corrupt idiots Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid gained control of both houses in 2007 thus making Bush a total lame duck.
Well done on the revisionist history. Subprime mortgages were responsible for most of the meltdown. Those started long before Reid and Pelosi took over congress. Actually, the housing market was past its peak by that point and was already deflating. I'm not saying they did much to help, but they sure as hell weren't responsible for it.

As for Bush, with the exception of those two neanderthals he appointed to SCOTUS, he was pretty much a lame duck at the beginning of his second term. No one, not even his winger congress, had the stomach for eviscerating social security. And he couldn't get the marriage thing into the constitution either, despite four years of total Republican rule.

Last edited by Globe199; 09-12-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,380,887 times
I was no fan of Bush but one thing I respect is he stays out of the spot light and we do not hear him critique Obama's every move. I do not have a clue why posters keep bringing him up when the most part he stays on his ranch and minds his own business like he should.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,685,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I was no fan of Bush but one thing I respect is he stays out of the spot light and we do not hear him critique Obama's every move. I do not have a clue why posters keep bringing him up when the most part he stays on his ranch and minds his own business like he should.
ha! That's a good one. You think he stays out of the spotlight just because he's a good southern gentleman?

The Manhattan Bridge is for sale.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,488,385 times
Quote:
Well done on the revisionist history. Subprime mortgages were responsible for most of the meltdown. Those started long before Reid and Pelosi took over congress. Actually, the housing market was past its peak by that point and was already deflating. I'm not saying they did much to help, but they sure as hell weren't responsible for it.

As for Bush, with the exception of those two neanderthals he appointed to SCOTUS, he was pretty much a lame duck at the beginning of his second term. No one, not even his winger congress, had the stomach for eviscerating social security. And he couldn't get the marriage thing into the constitution either, despite four years of total Republican rule.
Bush warned the DEMOCRATICALLY controlled Congress about the housing market problems and pending collapse and they laughed in his face and said nothing was wrong....Barney Franks spit all over the podium in his desperate attempt to pretend all was fine and dandy.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,362,739 times
Quote:
ha! That's a good one. You think he stays out of the spotlight just because he's a good southern gentleman?
You got it. All you have to do is look at Dick Cheney. Everytime he opens his mouth in the media every nancypants liberal has a stroke. He's even influenced foreign policy! As a private citizen. Imagine if a former president started seriously criticizing our nincompoop in the Oval Office. You libs would explode, every pointy head.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,853,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Really? The last time the House actually passed a budget was in 1998. The budget consists of 13 Appropriation Bills, and at no time since 1998 has all 13 of these Appropriation Bills been passed by either Republicans or Democrats. For the last 15 years Congress has been relying on multiple Continuing Resolutions, Omnibus Bills, and Supplemental Appropriation bills. For the last 15 years Congress (the House specifically) has been shirking its constitutional responsibility to enact a budget.
House passes budget for 2014, sends 2013 spending bill to Obama - First Read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies