Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 07:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,372,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Zimmerman plans to seek legal fees from Florida, lawyer says | Fox News

Isn't this interesting... Not only did Florida RUSH to charge George Zimmerman with a crime that just about everyone capable of coherent thought said was unjustified and would be found innocent of, but -

NOW, in addition to all the money it cost to try this in court, it's going to cost even more money, because the state of Florida is liable for all legal fees with the exception of those direct attorney costs.....
[/color][/LEFT]
The state should pay. Zimmerman never should have been tried in the first place. They owe him.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:46 AM

53,166 posts, read 34,946,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
get this: Taxpayers have already shelled out an estimated $902,000 on the second-degree murder trial that ended July 13, the newspaper reports.

Read more: George Zimmerman Wants Florida to Pay Bills in Trayvon Martin Case | TIME.com

900K on a case that the original investigation showed there wasn't sufficient evidence to hold Zimmerman on any charges. After the race baiters got involved in a case that was un-winable by the state, the tax payers are left holding the bag.

I think the idiots marching for Trayvon should have taken a collection up to pay for the witch hunt on Zimmerman.
agreed.

is eric holder still doing his federal probe of zimmerman?
wonder how that turned out.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Did he pay for his legal expenses himself? I was under the impression that donors paid for his defense.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,829,775 times
Hope he gets the full amount allowed by law. Then go after Sharpton and all the other Race Hustlers.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,473,280 times
Should be easy to collect. I wonder if O'Hara is mulling a malicious prosecution case as well? BTW Trayvon's family still hasn't filed a civil case. I wonder why? Oh yes I think I know if it fails they have to pay Zimmermans lawyer fees.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Should be easy to collect. I wonder if O'Hara is mulling a malicious prosecution case as well? BTW Trayvon's family still hasn't filed a civil case. I wonder why? Oh yes I think I know if it fails they have to pay Zimmermans lawyer fees.
Again, who paid for his defense in the first place? His lawyers in pieces I've read said that they've had to subsidize his defense from their own pockets. Furthermore, I think what monies he DID get were all donations. I never did hear exactly how much he collected.

So sure, it's probably easy to collect, but I'm pretty sure that it's all going to his lawyers.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,367,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
get this: Taxpayers have already shelled out an estimated $902,000 on the second-degree murder trial that ended July 13, the newspaper reports.

Read more: George Zimmerman Wants Florida to Pay Bills in Trayvon Martin Case | TIME.com

900K on a case that the original investigation showed there wasn't sufficient evidence to hold Zimmerman on any charges. After the race baiters got involved in a case that was un-winable by the state, the tax payers are left holding the bag.

I think the idiots marching for Trayvon should have taken a collection up to pay for the witch hunt on Zimmerman.
That's insane. What the hell......

Old 08-27-2013, 11:09 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,181,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, who paid for his defense in the first place? His lawyers in pieces I've read said that they've had to subsidize his defense from their own pockets. Furthermore, I think what monies he DID get were all donations. I never did hear exactly how much he collected.

So sure, it's probably easy to collect, but I'm pretty sure that it's all going to his lawyers.
Actually, it goes to pay for expert witnesses, and all OTHER expenses, not the attorney.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:40 AM

29,798 posts, read 14,858,781 times
Quote:
Zimmerman plans to seek legal fees from Florida, lawyer says | Fox News

Isn't this interesting... Not only did Florida RUSH to charge George Zimmerman with a crime that just about everyone capable of coherent thought said was unjustified and would be found innocent of, but -

NOW, in addition to all the money it cost to try this in court, it's going to cost even more money, because the state of Florida is liable for all legal fees with the exception of those direct attorney costs.....
[/color][/LEFT]
Good. Hopefully he get's everything paid for, as he should. Better yet maybe the media outlets should get the bill for spinning the BS story they did and causing this huge debacle.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,571,081 times
Quote:
Can he sue them for liable?

The more money this costs the state of Florida the less likely they'll prosecute someone again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.