Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,643,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Everybody complains about something. You Haitians whine and complain just as loudly as anyone else.

You mean like Haitians in the Miami area, where cities like Golden Glades and North Miami are inundated with poor, welfare-ridden Haitians/Haitian Americans. Yeah those welfare Haitians and their Zoe Pound gang bangers in Miami are certainly taking advantage of America's opportunities .

It's hilarious how you Haitians/WI's are always trying to take a swing at Black Americans in some pathetic attempt to mask the failures of your own group. The truth is that between Haitians living in Haiti, Miami, NYC and Toronto, your failures are immense.
There's a VAST difference between legal Haitian immigrants that came here and the illegal! My family came here LEGALLY and ALL of them went to universities across the country and got their master's and bachelors and we have a PhD in the family as well! ALL the members of my extended family are educated, employed, have their own home, and have never been arrested or been to jail. The Haitian immigrants your talking about are mostly illegal, uneducated, and got most of their behaviors from you African-Americans! Besides that, at least we have more successful Haitian immigrants than you people. You've been here in this country for what- 200 years and still haven't got your act together. You got Asian immigrants that come here and start businesses and within one generation have their children in colleges. They have monopolized YOUR hair industry. They own and run YOUR hair stores. How ridiculous is that? Everyone is sick and tired of your excuses. Stop hating people who are successful and go out and take advantage of the opportunities you have in this country like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 PM

132 posts, read 122,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Besides that, at least we have more successful Haitian immigrants than you people. You've been here in this country for what- 200 years and still haven't got your act together.
That's definitely false. All of the Haitian communities in Miami and NYC are a dump, just like your native Haiti, where your people have to eat mud cookies just to survive.

Quote:
You got Asian immigrants that come here and start businesses and within one generation have their children in colleges. They have monopolized YOUR hair industry. They own and run YOUR hair stores.
LOL....dude go do some research and learn something for once in your life. Plenty of Black Americans own beauty supply stores all across the country as well as online stores.

Quote:
Everyone is sick and tired of your excuses. Stop hating people who are successful and go out and take advantage of the opportunities you have in this country like the rest of us.
Not that I need a Haitian's approval, but most BAs are middle-class/working-class citizens and we have absolutely no reason to hate anyone who's successful. BTW.....we don't care what everyone is sick of, that's your problem.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
There's a VAST difference between legal Haitian immigrants that came here and the illegal! My family came here LEGALLY and ALL of them went to universities across the country and got their master's and bachelors and we have a PhD in the family as well! ALL the members of my extended family are educated, employed, have their own home, and have never been arrested or been to jail. The Haitian immigrants your talking about are mostly illegal, uneducated, and got most of their behaviors from you African-Americans! Besides that, at least we have more successful Haitian immigrants than you people. You've been here in this country for what- 200 years and still haven't got your act together. You got Asian immigrants that come here and start businesses and within one generation have their children in colleges. They have monopolized YOUR hair industry. They own and run YOUR hair stores. How ridiculous is that? Everyone is sick and tired of your excuses. Stop hating people who are successful and go out and take advantage of the opportunities you have in this country like the rest of us.
If you guys are so inherently good and have such great values, why is Haiti a dump?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:20 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,276 times
Be careful in putting too much stock in a term that a group of people use. I am Black American and I never thought to describe my being a Black American as a "Black Experience." That doesn't mean that I don't identify as a Black American or that I don't share a culture and community with other Black Americans. It just means that I know nothing of this term, "Black Experience" being something that I am supposed to live by. I understand completely what they are getting at with the term, but I don't think it is widely used as you or others may be thinking. I believe that it is a summary of the common experiences and viewpoints that we as Black Americans share.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM

132 posts, read 122,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you guys are so inherently good and have such great values, why is Haiti a dump?
Their communities in the US are a dump too.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Their communities in the US are a dump too.
I know they are. Well, at least the ones i've seen in Florida.

Haitians have no room to talk about anyone.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
That's definitely false. All of the Haitian communities in Miami and NYC are a dump, just like your native Haiti, where your people have to eat mud cookies just to survive.
HAHA that's a joke!! There are more African-Americans in NYC and Miami then there are Haitians!!! And most of you are the ones that are committing the crimes and murdering each other!! And second of all, I'm American!! Haiti is NOT my native country! So you making fun of poor people in Haiti attempting to insult me shows your ignorance.

Quote:
LOL....dude go do some research and learn something for once in your life. Plenty of Black Americans own beauty supply stores all across the country as well as online stores.
A minority of whom actually own those beauty supply stores. There have been documentaries made about the Korean monopoly of the black American hair industry. Seriously, don't even get me started.

Quote:
Not that I need a Haitian's approval, but most BAs are middle-class/working-class citizens and we have absolutely no reason to hate anyone who's successful. BTW.....we don't care what everyone is sick of, that's your problem.
You should care. Because all these other immigrants are moving forward ahead of you when AA should have been first. My family is not unique. We have Nigerians, Kenyans, Jamaicans, Bahamians, and all these other African and Caribbean black immigrants that have already established themselves into the education and business sector of the country ahead of most African-Americans. That shows their resilience and intelligence. You talk about Haitian communities? You have whole CITIES with African-Americans that have yet to progress and are moving backwards year by year with crime, corruption, and violence rampant. Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami, Jacksonville, Oakland, etc. It doesn't matter where you people are. Your causing trouble, killing each other, getting pregnant, and crying victim about the evils of the white man. Get it together.

Last edited by allenk893; 11-03-2013 at 09:33 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 08:50 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

I don't agree with everything you say sir, but that is 100% accurate.

If I said "I am goth" (which I'm not, just using that as an example) blacks would laugh their butts off. Even though that is a personal choice and a personal identity that one could chose for themselves. I say "I am black", and no laughing.

So, one's subculture is absurd to identify with, but a racial culture isn't? Even if one is not a part of that racial culture and the only connection one has with said racial culture is DNA.

Really?

And where are the blacks answering the thesis question: what is the black experience? If it doesn't exist (which I believe if doesn't) than why lump all blacks into the same group: i.e., the "black community"

People say "the black community is in a state of shock over the Tylenol Martin verdict". Well, I wasn't in shock. I was pleased, actually. So am I not part of the "black community"? (sure hope I'm not)

And if so, am I not black? (which I've been saying all along, but few American blacks understand)
Seems to be you are "obsessed" with "black culture" even though you denounce it! Eres un "Negro arepentido"?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not Haitian scrub. So I wouldn't know. I'm an American. Being Haitian is my ethnicity. And my family moved from Haiti to the U.S. more than 30 years ago. A completely different time. The question you should you should be asking is why almost every neighborhood and city with a majority of African-Americans are a dump? Like the city you live in for example.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:54 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,582,938 times
Quote:
desert? please don't dump on my Miami Haitians! please!They be sweet people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies