Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,268,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That is where you are completely WRONG. The fetus is NOT a person but a part of the Female's body and what she does with her body is HER business not yours and not mine. To tell any woman that she has to carry a pregnancy to term under any and all conditions violates the very concept of individual Freedom and Privacy.

If you are so opposed to this supposed killing what do you think about our current wars where we can kill anybody anywhere after they are born air breathing creatures? Are you ok with drones? How about carpet bombing. I have seen the results of carpet bombing and it isn’t pretty.

You do not want to stop abortion as much as use pregnancy to control all women so they have to do your bidding including bearing any children you and yours create by rape. The fate of the fetus is just another tool for your control over half the people in the country.
Can't rep you again, but THIS ^^^^^.

Thank you for a lucid, articulate post that is rare on this topic in this forum.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
That has been the way of the world for millions of years.
Funny, I thought neanderthals became extinct.

Last edited by chielgirl; 06-13-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
Abortion and gun control are two of the things I am most concerned with because the people that oppose the freedom to control your own body and to protect it with weapons of your own choosing are both designed to eliminate individual freedom to chose. The first is to choose to eliminate a pregnancy or not and the latter to choose to eliminate an attacker at your discretion.

Both of these are the absolute right of the individual and not subject to control by another or the society. This right to chose is the core of my Liberalism.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,569,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The GOP needs to muzzle these idiots.

Trent Franks: ‘Incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low’

Read more: Trent Franks:

Trent Franks:

A House Republican pushing for a 20-week nationwide ban on abortions said Wednesday that the incidence of pregnancies resulting from rape is “very low” — then scrambled to clarify his comment after it went viral with comparisons to former GOP Senate candidate Todd Akin.

“The incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” said Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) as the House Judiciary Committee debated his bill to ban abortions nationwide after 20 weeks including in cases of rape and incest.
Because nothing says JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, like another attempted abortion ban.

Seriously wish the obstructionists would do something constructive for this country.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM

Politically I can only hope the Republicans support the bible thumpers on abortion and the financiers like Bloomberg on gun controls.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,343,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What's "dumb" is the Democrat Party's insistence on aborting as many unborn babies as possible. The ghouls on the left are disgusting.
What a bunch of typical hypocritical, baseless, hateful, moronic partisan hack nonsense.

I work in child welfare. You'd be surprised how many children are the product of rape. Everyone I work with throughout the state has at least a couple of families on their caseload that include a child conceived through rape.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,781,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The GOP needs to muzzle these idiots.

Trent Franks: ‘Incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low’

Read more: Trent Franks:

Trent Franks:

A House Republican pushing for a 20-week nationwide ban on abortions said Wednesday that the incidence of pregnancies resulting from rape is “very low” — then scrambled to clarify his comment after it went viral with comparisons to former GOP Senate candidate Todd Akin.

“The incidence of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low,” said Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) as the House Judiciary Committee debated his bill to ban abortions nationwide after 20 weeks including in cases of rape and incest.

Of the half a dozen women in my life that I know have been raped in the past, none were impregnated by their attackers. So that's zero out of 6 or 7. Would you consider that 'very low'?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:29 AM

The right of an individual woman to control her own body is the ONLY consideration. It is HER body and not under control of the sperm doner.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:30 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,343,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
[font=Verdana]The fetus is NOT a person but a part of the Female's body and what she does with her body is HER business not yours and not mine. To tell any woman that she has to carry a pregnancy to term under any and all conditions violates the very concept of individual Freedom and Privacy...
Absolutely. Well said.

And, of course, the fact is that any foray into interfering with the reproductive choices of individual citizens of this country is completely antithetical to every truly conservative principle.

This is one of the reasons you can know that the GOP jettisoned all traces of conservativism decades ago. Ther ARE no more conservatives left in American politics; only nanny-state neocons who want to be moral watchdogs, tell people who they can and cannot marry, what they have to do with their reproductive choices, pushing for creationist nonsense to be taught in public schools, etc. None of these things is conservative in the least.

Moreover, the whole abortion debate is a complete and utter waste of time. Just something for the neocon higher-ups to trot out to stir up their followers every election cycle.

Roe v. Wade will never be overturned, nor should it.

Besides that, even IF it were overturned, abortion woulkd then just become a state's rights issue. It's not as if all 50 states are going to outlaw abortion.

Abortion will always be legal somewhere in the USA, as it should be.

And even if it were outlawed across the nation, abortions would still take place; they would just be far less safe and hygenical.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,133,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because nothing says JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, like another attempted abortion ban.

Seriously wish the obstructionists would do something constructive for this country.

Between that and yet another lame attempt to repeal Obamacare for the 36th time, the GOP is batting a thousand on stupid legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.