Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Men are increasing their housework, but most women are still doing the bulk of it regardless of how many hours they work outside the home. Those numbers need to go higher still.
Have you considered that perhaps men have lower standards when it comes to evaluating how much housework is "enough" ?

Quote:
I don't particularly care if men don't opt for marriage. Guys keep saying that on this board as though it were significant. I wouldn't be interested in a man who doesn't want to be an equal partner. What do I care about men who do want to adjust to the times?
Well, perhaps these comments were made without any intention of being relevant to your personal life. The question being discussed was whether men have been adjusting to changing gender norms. The answer is yes, they have.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 84,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This sounds terrible...I cant imagine what it would have been like if men did that to women (for thousands of years). Thankfully that never happened.
Women oppress themselves because they gained from it back then. For thousands of years you could have fought back just like men did for thousands of years. Instead females waited until the time was right and they could manipulate men in power without risking death or suffering.

Women by nature always either manipulate or take the easiest way out.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauragon C. Mikado View Post

Old 06-03-2013, 07:50 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,165 times
Quote:
And you feel the same way about men?

Unfortunately, hundreds of years ago women didn't have a choice. Men always had a choice-and still do.
It's 2013. We all have a choice. Don't marry someone if you aren't comfortable with their financial situation. Why spend the next 20 years of your life with someone that you resent for either making more or less than you do.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:51 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,347 times
Lol Cunning in women is always called manipulation. Isn't the point of survival using your brains instead of your brawn when you can? David vs. Goliath.

Religious indoctrination also has it's place in the picture. If you've been told since you were little that angry sky god wants you to obey or you will roast in hell-fire forever it tends to affect your choices. I think this is a huge reason for why their is so much oppression of women in the Middle-East and Africa in particular.

Quote:
Women oppress themselves because they gained from it back then. For thousands of years you could have fought back just like men did for thousands of years. Instead females waited until the time was right and they could manipulate men in power without risking death or suffering.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
It's 2013. We all have a choice. Don't marry someone if you aren't comfortable with their financial situation. Why spend the next 20 years of your life with someone that you resent for either making more or less than you do.
Don't believe in marriage, so I don't understand mixing of finances anyways. Allows me to date men I like, rather than worry about their ability to "provide".

Old 06-03-2013, 07:55 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,165 times
Quote:
Don't believe in marriage, so I don't understand mixing of finances anyways. Allows me to date men I like, rather than worry about their ability to "provide".
I personally look forward to marriage. Two incomes and a committed partnership just makes sense to me. Everyone is not the same. To each his/her own. Best of luck out here.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Have you considered that perhaps men have lower standards when it comes to evaluating how much housework is "enough" ?

Well, perhaps this topic of conversation was never intended to have relevance to your personal life. The question was whether men have been adjusting. The answer is yes, they have.
My SO doesn't do as thorough job as I do. I'm fine as long as he actually did it. I can't speak to other peoples relationships.

Men have been adjusting. Judging by women on parenting boards, not enough. So many call themselves WOWwidows's AKA World of Warcraft Widows. Just one example of men living in the house but out to lunch while dinner needs to be made and parenting needs to be done. These guys are examples of taking up space and are readily divorced. They seem to be under the impression that if they brought in a pay cheque, their job is done. Marrying these type of men is a huge mistake and after watching it play out repeatedly, a woman is better off single than with these "nice guys".

Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times
Quote:
Men have no problems changing when needed. Logical men know that females by nature will always seek out a male of higher status value. When females have higher value she becomes hypergamous and loses respect for her lower status male partner. No matter how much you change society you can not change our instincts.

Secondly, feminism is females true nature. Hyper-manipulation of male dominance in order to gain ultimate security and resources. Feminism never was about equality because such a thing can not exist. Males failing in society is because society pushes for it by feminizing our social constructs.

Again feminism is females natural true state. Hypergamy, greed of security and resources, her endless manipulation and denial of truths. Man never realized females truth cold nature because we can't accept the fact that we men can't be loved they way we desire. You hold on to the illusion of innocent angelic kind hearted women understanding your suffering as male and place these flawed views on real life women who are by nature colded hearted and greedy. Men have to understand that female love comes from you being their slave/protector. The second you can't be the happy-slave is the moment her hypergamy tells her to find a new slave.
You made a very important point by saying "No matter how much you change society you can not change our instincts.". On the surface, the fact that women are making more money and succeding in their careers is a very positive thing, but we all have to remember that a mans role as a provider is instinctual. If a man cannot provide for himself and his family unit, he will never be happy. I believe this is why many guys have second thoughts about their women outearning them. Think about it this way - If one day a huge medicinal breakthrough takes place and men are all of a sudden able to give birth, and turn out to be better at giving birth than their women.

Not only that, the society that they live in regularly boasts and celebrates this accomplishment, while the men who walk around with big bellies about to give birth dont forget to remind their GFs and wives that they are now obsolete. Yes, the comparison is a bit of a reach, but it all goes back to our instincts and human nature. Most men dont want a woman who will be there to protect them from physical threats as much as women dont want men whom they have to provide for. It goes to the very core of our human nature. You will not and cannot change it. If anyone thinks that men or women are obsolete - they are a complete fool and severly lack observational skills. If anyone thinks that a family unit isnt needed to build a healthy society - they are a fool. If anyone believes that human nature can be changed - they are a lost cause.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
My SO doesn't do as thorough job as I do. I'm fine as long as he actually did it. I can't speak to other peoples relationships.
indeed, i noticed.

Quote:
Men have been adjusting. Judging by women on parenting boards, not enough. So many call themselves WOWwidows's AKA World of Warcraft Widows.
is the problem video games, or is the problem babies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies