Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 06:52 AM

79,911 posts, read 44,657,411 times

Advertisements

Are we now accusing Bush of otherwise appointing competent leadership?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,524,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The truth is, that he might not have been lying and just does not know what is going on in his administration
So he's either a liar, or totally incompetent...

Yes I've been saying that for years.. Good to see you finally coming along.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 85,027,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So he's either a liar, or totally incompetent...

Yes I've been saying that for years.. Good to see you finally coming along.
He's never been a leader.
He's a figurehead. Other people are calling the shots.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,524,726 times
Quote:
I think that is what really irks the hell outta me is that the same things that has been going on for years are blown out of portion since obama has been president. Nothing changes in the political ivory tower but the faces
If this has been going on through various administrations, then why did the IRS need to come "clean"?

Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,476,231 times
You're delusional. I doubt very much that IRS personnel took it upon themselves unfairly target conservatives and conservative orgainizations.

Who stood to benefit? The President did. I think there is a very strong suggestion that orders were coming from the highest levels of government.

And why did Schulman visit the White House 157 times? I want answers. We don't have any yet, and this targeting, contrary to what Jay Carney has said, is still happening!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,455,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama didn't know nothing about nothing.

The WH has no idea what goes on in its agencies.
None. They don't find out about any wrongdoings until they read about it in the press.

The Executive Office has delegated the running of the government to it's agencies and has no clue what is going on.
That's what happens when big corporations and banks run the government. Obama is just the puppet who will knows nothing when it's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One thing has come out of the IRS scandal already. What can the federal gov't do to citizens, and still be excused by lefty CD posters? Answer appears to be: pretty much anything.
When Obama runs around the country telling Americans that they will not pay one more dime in taxes and it turns out he lies yet the left gives Obama a pass then we know that the left will give him a pass on anything.

Last edited by eRayP; 06-01-2013 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
As poster Dale Cooper said, Pres. Obama sets the tone. Now maybe there is a direct connection between Obama and the IRS scandal; maybe not. Maybe we'll never know.

But we will know this: will people at the IRS be held accountable for these serious affronts? Will he make heads roll for this? Obama is a smart guy; he can figure out how to make that happen if he wants to.

So far it's not looking good. We've got one guy retired a few weeks early, w/ full pension, and another on paid admin leave, drawing about $200K in taxpayer dollars for sitting at home thumbing her nose at congress and the American people.

It is perhaps to soon to draw a conclusion about Pres. Obama regarding this scandal, but in 6 months or so well we be able to do so.
Wow, I wouldn't mind a "guaranteed $200K a year salary" for doing nothing. All it takes is doing the dirty work.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
If it is true whats wrong with pointing that fact out? Why can't they both be wrong? Or is bush's sins forgiveable and obama's isn't?
We got Bush out of office so now instead of giving Obama a pass get Obama out.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're delusional. I doubt very much that IRS personnel took it upon themselves unfairly target conservatives and conservative orgainizations.

Who stood to benefit? The President did. I think there is a very strong suggestion that orders were coming from the highest levels of government.

And why did Schulman visit the White House 157 times? I want answers. We don't have any yet, and this targeting, contrary to what Jay Carney has said, is still happening!
Who stood to benefit? Obama did.
Who stood to benefit in blaming Benghazi on a video? Obama did

One has to wonder why Obama did such a poor ass job during the first debate. He obviously thought he didn't have to do anything and he would win.

Stephanie Cutter, Obama’s deputy campaign manager who was called out by hosts Erin Burnett and Piers Morgan on her fib about Mitt Romney’s tax cut plan. She also didn’t know anything about Joe “Romney gave my wife cancer” Soptic, despite having spoken with him on an OFA conference call. She was caught lying.

IRS chief Doug Shulman met with Stephanie Cutter. She apparently knows a lot about former IRS commissioner Doug Shulman as well; enough, at least, to know his 150+ visits to the White House were anything but "nefarious".

Since when did a IRS agent meet with a campaign manager.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,555,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

You actually saw Schulman at the WH 157 times? There`s only confirmation that he was at the WH 11 times.If you`ve got something now is the time to step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies