Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 07:36 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,064,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I am saying a low level employee at the IRS was being lazy and figured it would be easy to audit the tea party group because they all use the same name. And besides that, during the eight years of Bush, I am sure liberal groups were audited and do you know who thought that was news worthy at the time? No one.
Link to that happening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 AM

24,457 posts, read 23,145,334 times
G. E. pays no taxes, Warren Buffet gets away with owing taxes, G.M. gets a sweetheart deal, John Corzine gets away with fraudulently losing millions of his invetsors money. I don't think the IRS is too worried about going after people to make sure they pay their taxes. Not the rich guys or well connected, anyway.
The little guys they don't like, thats another story.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,970,139 times
Quote:
Because non-profit groups get audited, only Cons freak out when their groups get audited because it must obviously be some sort of liberal conspiracy.
Audited is one thing "targeted" is another, please tell us your smart enough to know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The IRS needs to start kicking some ass again. Too many people are committing fraud with impunity. I want the IRS feared like the good old days.
Only Tea Party people and anything that says "We the People" were targeted. Wonder why Charlie Rangel, Timothy Geithner and few other Liberals were not targeted, would it be they're sweethearts of the Liberal party?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 AM

31,293 posts, read 20,793,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
How is the Constitution subversive?

Are you referencing the IRS flaging "Tea Party" or "Patriot" labeled groups for audit? How are the tea or patriot party educators of the Constitution?
Did you read the link?

The IRS said they targeted groups who educated people on the Constitution. That's their words, not mine.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 AM

31,293 posts, read 20,793,207 times
Quote:
Please, you Cons cry about everything, I have never seen such a bunch of whiners in my life like you guys. So again, you are upset because a group got audited.....do you think this is the first time anyone has been audited? Also, I don't blame them for wanting to make sure none of these idiot Tea Party groups weren't breaking the law seeing they claim to be against paying taxes.
So if you believe in the Constitution you are an idiot?

What do you believe in?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
sure they do, only the parts they like, funny they see the right to freedom of speech, but only when the like what is being said, they only like when the police/military have guns but not the average citizen.
I don't care if the average citizen has a gun, but I prefer not to give easy access to those that aren't mentally stable or criminals.

And if you think selective freedom of speech is funny, bring up something about wanting to take away rifts from Muslims or banning the Muslim religion in this country and the Cons will come out of the woodwork to support it.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So if you believe in the Constitution you are an idiot?

What do you believe in?
Again, when did I say anything about the Constitution? Do you think groups that "study" the Constitution cannot break the law?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,788,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I provided the source. Do you know how to use Google?
i don't think it is reasonable to expect others to hunt down the sources you quoted.

On Jan. 15, 2012 the agency decided to target “political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding Government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform movement.,” according to the appendix in the IG report, which was requested by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and has yet to be released.

I don't see the problem. Political groups aren't supposed to be registering as nonprofits.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Audited is one thing "targeted" is another, please tell us your smart enough to know the difference.

Only Tea Party people and anything that says "We the People" were targeted. Wonder why Charlie Rangel, Timothy Geithner and few other Liberals were not targeted, would it be they're sweethearts of the Liberal party?
Yes, targeting is wrong and those involved in it should be suspended or fired over it.

But that doesn't change the fact that groups get audited all the time, long before anyone was "targeted."

Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,340,436 times
Quote:
Again, when did I say anything about the Constitution? Do you think groups that "study" the Constitution cannot break the law?
Not only do we know that they did something that has politicians from both sides condemning it also shows a contempt for the Constitutional principle of innocent until proven guilty.

We now have the senior adviser to the president saying that it was wrong but it had to be done because they were raising too much money.

The IRS was wrong for targeting Tea Party groups. But, someone had to stop them from raising so much money.

http://twitchy.com/2013/05/13/well-t...vative-groups/

They were guilty of the crime of raising too much money it seems as far as the administration was concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies