Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM

29,668 posts, read 16,719,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
remember all the lefty hecklers who said that Condi Rice was to blame because she ignored a briefing about 'Bin Laden determined to attack' in US.

Good for the goose, good for the gander. Certainly we are now learning that there were red flags regarding Tamerlan Tsarnaev that were available to the Obama admin. But were ignored.

I wouldn't blame either. They doubtless get a mountain of tips and warnings that they have to sift through. But good for the goose, good for the gander.
So you are saying the FBI and CIA gave president Obama a briefing on these brothers and he ignored it ? Because that would be the only way to equate these 2 things at an administrative level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,707,909 times
Default If George W. Bush Is Accountable For 9/11, Then Barack Obama Is Accountable For the Boston Bombings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The logic is simple:

Liberals have held since 9/12/2001 that the Bush Administration was aware of the 9/11 terrorists beforehand, and therefore the blame rests with him for not preventing it. Whether it is true or not, this is long-held liberal belief. In fact, many liberals right here on this forum have alluded to Bush's complicity on numerous occasions. No reason to try deny it. There's too much evidence to the contrary.

Accordingly, the evidence is clear that the Barack Obama Administration was fully aware of the Boston Bombers. It was his Administration that placed the elder bomber on a terrorist watch list. It was his Administration that fielded a tip from Russia. It was his Administration that interviewed the elder bomber. It was his Administration that dropped the ball.

Therefore, it's time to throw liberal ideology back in the faces of the irrational and irresponsible liberals who have consistently and persistently blamed George W. Bush for 9/11.

The blood of Boston is on the hands of none other than Barack Hussein Obama. And don't you forget it.
But Obama won't leave it to his successor to track down the perp(s) nine years later.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM

38,757 posts, read 26,567,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Bush had mountains of info and warnings from Clinton that Bin Laden, the leader of a major terror cell was planning a terror attack on america, W ignored it.

The boston bombers were low level nobodies, on a terror watch list along with over half a million other people.

Trying to blame Obama for the boston bombings is like trying to blame the NRA and gun owners, because they claim having guns everywhere makes all crime go away, and someone with a gun didn't stop them.

Good point TempesT68!

Bush should have initiated strip searched at all US airports and separated young Muslim men for special screening based on Clinton's vague warning of possible attacks.

I'm sure liberals like yourself would have approved of the new measures.

NFN, would you happen to have a link to the "mountains of info and warnings"?

I'd love to have you explain what Constitutionally sound measures you would have taken were you in Bush's shoes.

BTW, al Qaeda bombed the WTC in 1993 giving Clinton eight ****in' years to go after the organization behind the attacks, but he did nothing.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,315,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Good point TempesT68!

Bush should have initiated strip searched at all US airports and separated young Muslim men for special screening based on Clinton's vague warning of possible attacks.

I'm sure liberals like yourself would have approved of the new measures.

NFN, would you happen to have a link to the "mountains of info and warnings"?

I'd love to have you explain what Constitutionally sound measures you would have taken were you in Bush's shoes.

BTW, al Qaeda bombed the WTC in 1993 giving Clinton eight ****in' years to go after the organization behind the attacks, but he did nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L2513JFJsY

Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,232,404 times
Three thousand vs three... you gotta deal!

Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,226,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Three thousand vs three... you gotta deal!
I'm amazed at the number of liberals who proudly use the dead body count as the measure of how far they will go to absolve and defend Barack Obama.

Its absolutely beyond disgusting how low you folks will stoop to worship one man.

If it weren't for the TOS I'd tell you how I really feel about your types.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:39 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,595,253 times
Quote:
If it weren't for the TOS I'd tell you how I really feel about your types.
Be assured, the feeling is mutual.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,914,610 times
Bush was warned and choose to do nothing. 2977 dead

Culprit caught under Obama, after all Bin Laden doesn't matter (under Bush)

Obama nor anyone else was warned. 4 dead

Culprits caught 1 week later.

Not a great comparison but the flawed logic of the right doesn't leave me surprised. More dart throwing

Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM

16,874 posts, read 8,863,048 times
Quote:
Just because you can't keep up doesn't mean i'm wrong.

I refuse to Google the proof for you. I'll let you remain ignorant.
I'm not buying into your OP theory, as I did not believe either Clinton nor Bush were directly responsible for 9/11. Obviously that blame is with the terrorists.

That said, I do remember some people in the media and entertainment fields who did come out and blame Bush. Keith Olberman comes to mind, as does Janeane Garofalo and Al Franken(who is now a US Senator). There was at least one editorial in the NYT's I remember that blamed the Bush admin for the failure to stop 9/11, yet conveniently left out how most of 9/11 was planned and practiced during the Clinton years.

So it is not surprising that extreme partisan political types will find fault with the other parties POTUS, yet circle the wagons around their own. It is a sad commentary on the state of affairs of our current political climate.

Now as to Obama being at fault for the Boston terror attacks, I must conclude the same thing. That being he was not directly responsible.

However, I will also note that many of the things that Bush and his admin put into place after 9/11 to stop terrorism have not been carried out by Obama's admin.
One need look no further than his DHS chief who systematically turned the hard core Bush policy into a mishmash of Political Correctness. Janet Napolitano started out by changing the verbiage/tone if some of you will recall. The "war on terror" was changed to "overseas contingency plan". As a matter of fact, she absurdly changed the term terrorism into "man made disaster".
She also infamously referred to the failed Delta Flight 253 attempted bombing as "the system worked". This despite the near tragedy was averted only by sheer luck and passenger intervention. Also lets not forget the father of the guy warned that his son was radicalized.

We could also look to his Attorney General Eric Holder who refuses to enforce existing laws on the books because he himself thinks they are not worthy of prosecution. His refusal to classify the Fort Hood terrorist attack as such is also reprehensible. Instead it is being viewed as "work place violence". This despite the fact that the guy was known to be radicalized, yet it took him screaming Allahu Akbar and killing multiple people.

What about the Benghazi attack, and the fact that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton personally rejected the plea for more security for our embassy in Libya. This despite international knowledge that an attack was likely.
Then Obama deliberately downplayed it and removed references linking the attack to al-Qaeda-linked groups. The PC of this admin is hard to believe.

All the aforementioned is not a complete list by any means. While it certainly does not mean Obama is directly responsible, it does show a pattern of incompetence to stop terrorism by the people he has chosen in his administration.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 PM

1,127 posts, read 908,255 times
Fair enough, that means Obama is responsible for eliminating the threats responsible for both attacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies