Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,887,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
If it wasn't for the 4 deaths that needlessly were killed. Then yes i would agree. But the death of those 4 people who i truly believe died so senseless, and clear something was so overlooked, don't agree with you. Don't care what side this is 4 people died who died way before their time.
Yep. The very definition of a terrorist attack is to kill people. I'm amazed you didn't know that.

Quote:
And if i were the parent of one of those who died way before their time, i too would be demanding answers for my dead dead child!
Those "children" were serving in a dangerous place. They chose to serve there, knowing the risks. I'm certain their parents understand this, even if you do not.

Quote:
It is not a witch-hunt of any kind to demand answers into why this happened, so that this does not happen again. And not since the 70's has an action like this happen, why now.
It HAS happened, many times, since the '70s. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that belies your claim that it's not a witch hunt.

Quote:
Democrats don't embark on whitch hunts, thanks for making me day!your funny, but at least be real.
Name one that comes close to Ken Starr's open checkbook. I agree that Benghazi won't come close--it will go down in history more like the birther "controversy," all smoke, no fire.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 05-06-2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,995,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You're wasting your breath, jojajn. It's been pointed out to them many times here on this board. It matters not, because THIS attack was DIFFERENT than any other attack on a U.S. embassy EVER!! They remind me of birthers, you cannot penetrate the wall of ignorance they have constructed by using reason or facts--they simply will not hear you. And like birthers, no one outside of their echo chamber will ever give them the time of day.
It is different. You have a state dept and administration that actively and knowingly lied repeatedly in order to win an election.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You just flat out lied. That timeline doesn't end at 11:30, it continues thoughout the night including:

5:15 a.m. -- Attackers launch assault on a second U.S. facility in Benghazi. Two former U.S. Navy SEALs acting as security contractors are killed. They are identified as Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

7:40 a.m. -- The first wave of Americans are evacuated to Tripoli via airplane.

10 a.m. -- A second group, including those killed in the attack, are flown to Tripoli.

The last two people were not killed until 5:15 am. 9:40-5:15 is 6 hours and 30 minutes, and that's according to the CIA.

Obama did in fact go to bed, and people died. It took them 8 hours to even start evacuating people to Tripoli.

Are you not the least bit embarrassed that you just totally, blatantly lied?
I was referring to the initial attack on the Embassy and didn't notice the 2nd attack in the timeline. Sue me.

This has an accounting:
Ex-Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty: CIA workers, not State Dept. - UPI.com

Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It is different. You have a state dept and administration that actively and knowingly lied repeatedly in order to win an election.
Says you and the rightwing faux outrage department.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,776,820 times
Quote:
This President's job clealry is defined. To constantly shift blame to anyone but himself and his administration. To create a diversion that his little loyal supporters will believe.

And they don't disapoint do they? And it actually gets quite sickening, we all know Obama by now, does not know how this happened, the other side, i'll get back to you when i check into this, blah blah blah.

Clinton looked like the biggest dweed up there, talking about this situation, actaully it was like she was trying to convince herself of her own lies.
Don't care what any of you think know me by now. If one of the 4 who died were my child, i would be demanding answers into why this happened and not since the 1970's has an action as this taken place.
Oh yea, when one of the mothers spoke a cd liberal posted that "she was flapping her trap". Nice huh.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I was referring to the initial attack on the Embassy and didn't notice the 2nd attack in the timeline. Sue me.

This has an accounting:
Ex-Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods, Glen Doherty: CIA workers, not State Dept. - UPI.com
uh huh, spinning just like a liberal.

Extremists linked to Al Qaeda stormed the U.S. Consulate and a nearby annex on Sept. 11, in a heavily armed and well-coordinated eight-hour assault that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans.

Oh that is right, it was because of the video and how long did you say it was? I think 1 hours???

Old 05-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Vote, vote, vote for revenge.
Make them pay their fair share.
OWS - pees on everything, trashes the place, assaults women, get into fights
Don't agree with a liberal.... your a racist
It was because of the video
Work place violence
Boston Bombers must be a right winger
Boston Bomber, I hope they are a white American
Gimme my welfare
LOL. Nice roundup of wing nut talking points. Don't see a single witch hunt there, though.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 AM

Clinton and a key aide effectively tried to cut the department's own counterterrorism bureau out of the chain of reporting and decision-making.

Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG) is an interagency group that specializes in both hostage situations and any terror attack on U.S. interests. CSG was never convened during or after the attack. It is designed to “synchronize the efforts of all the government agencies that have a role to play in the Global War on Terrorism.” The CSG has multiple options and the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies

Obama has repeatedly stated that he immediately gave instructions to secure Americans in harm’s way, it is still unclear to whom he gave these instructions. What is clear is that they were not given to the people who were actually in a position to help.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
uh huh, spinning just like a liberal.

Extremists linked to Al Qaeda stormed the U.S. Consulate and a nearby annex on Sept. 11, in a heavily armed and well-coordinated eight-hour assault that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans.

Oh that is right, it was because of the video and how long did you say it was? I think 1 hours???
You can speculate all you want. It was a terrible event. According to the link
Quote:
the assault went quiet around 1 a.m., the officials said in a written account that said the pause lasted until almost daybreak and apparently led CIA and State Department officials to think the danger had passed.
Initial reports and assumptions were wrong. What do you want as a remedy?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I don't see similarities either.

Watergate:
Republican
No one died
The media reported it

Benghazi:
Democrat
People died
The media helps the president cover it up.
The main non-similarity is that Watergate was a planned criminal act leading straight up to the highest levels of government, including President Nixon. At worst, Benghazi was incompetence of the bureaucracy, but it was not criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies