Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,305,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Conservatives do not want the truth, they just want to believe what their hero's tell them to believe.
And most of the American media, along with the American left, do not want to do anything more than to just continue to fellate this president, figuratively speaking of course.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 05-06-2013 at 09:15 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,776,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
OMG its so devastating. The only thing that's devastating is the fact that right-wingers believe almost everything they read on the internet because if it is on the internet, it must be true.

Typical weak response; when you can't refute the facts, attack the source.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, maybe it will be you or your loved one the next time.
Isn't the rule not to take advantage of an emotional situation for political purposes? That is what we were told about the Sandy Hook shootings. Posting a picture of a dead man is a cheap shot and show total lack of respect!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Isn't the rule not to take advantage of an emotional situation for political purposes? That is what we were told about the Sandy Hook shootings. Posting a picture of a dead man is a cheap shot and show total lack of respect!
What is wrong? You don't like the truth? That man called, no begged for more security and his requests were denied. As the Al-Quaeda flags were flying all around and other countries pulled their people out. Our Ambassador was denied more security. Now tell me about respect.

Do you know who Gosnell is? Or is MSNBC keeping you blind to that. Oh yea, they were called out and forced to report it. Did you see the dead baby. That too is a result of your politics.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol yep, the excuses and the extent they go to defend Obama is unbelievable. Speaking of Hillary here is one for the memory banks where Clinton asks who do you trust to answer the 3am phone call.

At least Hilary didn't finish reading, "The Pet Goat" while our country was under attack.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,738,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That simply is false. Below is the official timeline:

In my math, 11:30PM minus 9:42PM is 1 hour and 48 min, not 7 hours.

Moreover, the times listed are Benghazi time, which is six hours ahead of Washington time. Thus, 11:30PM would be 5:30PM in Washington and therefore it is also untrue that "Obama went to bed while these men were fighting for their lives."

In other words, your entire post is false and represents the disconnect between what you believe and actual facts.
You just flat out lied. That timeline doesn't end at 11:30, it continues thoughout the night including:

5:15 a.m. -- Attackers launch assault on a second U.S. facility in Benghazi. Two former U.S. Navy SEALs acting as security contractors are killed. They are identified as Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

7:40 a.m. -- The first wave of Americans are evacuated to Tripoli via airplane.

10 a.m. -- A second group, including those killed in the attack, are flown to Tripoli.

The last two people were not killed until 5:15 am. 9:40-5:15 is 6 hours and 30 minutes, and that's according to the CIA.

Obama did in fact go to bed, and people died. It took them 8 hours to even start evacuating people to Tripoli.

Are you not the least bit embarrassed that you just totally, blatantly lied?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Look at the libbies so desperately trying to defend Obama and Hillary. You should be asking, will it be you next?

Old 05-06-2013, 08:35 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,144 times
What grieves me the most, Weichert, is that one of our US Ambassadors and staff at our US Embassy suffered a terrorist attack, they lost their lives, and everyone who supports Obama is just okay with that. No big deal--winning the election was more important.

I wish the shock would return to our nation to where we as a nation insist all precautions be taken to keep our Ambassadors safe rather than discussing unimportant things such as Rush Limbaugh.

Nobody's angry, Weichert. I personally am sad that our priorities are so freaking screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Whats wrong? Angry because your hero Rush is getting flushed down the drain?

And no, he is far (or at least was) from an irrelevant talk show host.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
What grieves me the most, Weichert, is that one of our US Ambassadors and staff at our US Embassy suffered a terrorist attack, they lost their lives, and everyone who supports Obama is just okay with that. No big deal--winning the election was more important.

I wish the shock would return to our nation to where we as a nation insist all precautions be taken to keep our Ambassadors safe rather than discussing unimportant things such as Rush Limbaugh.

Nobody's angry, Weichert. I personally am sad that our priorities are so freaking screwed up.
We send these people into very dangerous areas of the world yet when they need protection our government denies them. Nothing like being hung out to be murdered. Just like Dr Alfredie, he helped us get Osama Bin Laden but Obama does nothing to help him. He still rots in prison where he is being tortured for helping us. Why would anyone ever want to help us if this is how we treat them afterward.

And the left thinks nothing of it.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:40 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,791,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
He's a Democrat.
Well, regardless if you (and I mean you) are an R or a D, that really isn't sufficient enough to determine if there is or isn't an issue. I would like a response that has more substance, but I doubt I'm going to get one.

IMO, nothing has been resolved one way or the other. Obviously there are more people out there that know more but we aren't hearing from them. Benghazi is a gray area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.