Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good Lord. The Dems raked Bush over the coals about "where was he" during Katrina and "Why was he in a classroom" during 9-11 attack.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Katrina deaths were over 1000 and Dubya couldn't be bothered. He was too busy vacationing in Texas.

9/11 deaths were nearly 3000 and Bush couldn't be bothered to respond to the advance warnings.

Please post links to the congressional hearings over those "little blips" that occured right here on American soil.

Then come back and post some more phony outrage over the consulate attack thousands of miles away that occurred without warning.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM

196 posts, read 115,782 times
"
Originally Posted by Finley01
I remember when Bill Clinton was elected. The Right couldn't stand him and they immediately came up with an Arkansas scandal about his involvement in a real estate deal called Whitewater. For eight straight years the Republicans tried to remove him from office. After investigations by every goverment agency known to man they settled for a blow job. The day the Republican house impeached him every Democrat walked out. Man Alive they had the senate on a fast track to remove Clinton from office till billionaire publisher Larry Flynt dug up abortions, daliences, etc. on the Republicans and the newly elected speaker of the house Bob Livingston had to resign and Henry Hyde didn't run again after their affairs were reported. Turned out that rep Bob Barr had paid for an abortion for his first wife after standing on his soap box screaming pro-life for his whole career. The best part is that Flynt told them all that he had other things he would release if they removed Clinton from office. Guess What Sport's Fans?? The senate did not remove him from office and during his final year his approval rating rose to the mid 60's.

Bottom line is that Republicans are sore losers and since they've lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections they're boiling over. Benghazi is a tempest in a tea pot and the people who were killed were drawing big salaries plus hazardous duty pay for every month they served. They went to one of the most dangerous places in the world volunteerily and were smart enough to know why the pay was that good. Like other Americans I feel sorry for those who died and their friends and families but how quick we forget. George Bush farted around getting some tax cuts for the wealthy passed and 9/11 was no Benghazi....that's the bastard who should have been impeached. The WTC had already been hit once in 1993 and Bin Laden had been quoted as saying he was wanting to use passenger jets as weapons and the hijackers were in America receiving training on...get this, taking off and flying but did not take the training on how to land. The FBI and CIA had both been alerted of these facts but Bush got his tax cuts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Benghazi in a nutshell. Thanks, Finley. And like the R's during Clinton's Administration, this current batch will keep holding hearing after hearing until they finally find something, anything, to use to try to impeach Obama. Maybe they'll catch him sneaking a smoke after saying he quit, and they can impeach him for lying about it. Why not? An equally flimsy excuse worked to impeach Clinton.
I appreciate it. Usually any more than two lines around here is rare and when they see one they automatically ignore it. Recalling the names and verifying things took me about thirty minutes so I'm grateful for the acknowledgement.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Both the consulate and the annex in Benghazi were evacuated within 12 hours of the attack.

I believe Hicks testified although going to Benghazi was dangerous they were not expecting the attack.

Its not like Al-Qaeda was not taking advantage of the political situation in North Africa prior to the Arab Spring.
Correction..CIA base and safe house.

Benghazi is not a consulate.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Katrina deaths were over 1000 and Dubya couldn't be bothered. He was too busy vacationing in Texas.

9/11 deaths were nearly 3000 and Bush couldn't be bothered to respond to the advance warnings.

Please post links to the congressional hearings over those "little blips" that occured right here on American soil.

Then come back and post some more phony outrage over the consulate attack thousands of miles away that occurred without warning.
Well then, accusations of Obama "sleeping and couldn't be bothered" shouldn't bother you right ?

Accusing me of "phony outrage" ? LOL..you're the one who seems to be upset over questioning Obama's whereabouts that night.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,852,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I don't think we'll see Rep Gowdy's questioning of Hicks many places. He pretty much spells out Rice as the scumbag liar she is. I wonder if she will plead the 5th before testifying to committee. Or maybe she'll have one of those fainting spells like hillary did?

Gowdy Questions at Benghazi Hearing - YouTube!
Why isn't Gowdy interested in questioning the CIA talking points that Susan Rice's comments were based on?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
These hearings are not receiving the attention we were lead to expect. With the hype leading up to them, one expected the lid to blow off the proverbial pot. "Whistleblowers" , secret e mails, all manner of supposed "evidence of cover up, was to be forthecoming. It seems Jody Arias is much more important.

Media is little more than an animated gossip column any more. Doesn't matter what outlet. I was, genuinely interested, in tbese hearings. I do believe something was totally wrong with what bappened in Benghazi. I suppose we will see.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,033,934 times
Why aren't you interested in the questions that were asked you know like why didn't she even speak with Hicks who was the senior guy on scene before running off blathering on five talk shows about youtube videos??

So Rice just used any old "talking points" after a situation like this? Are you kidding me?

196 posts, read 115,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Benghazi in a nutshell. Thanks, Finley. And like the R's during Clinton's Administration, this current batch will keep holding hearing after hearing until they finally find something, anything, to use to try to impeach Obama. Maybe they'll catch him sneaking a smoke after saying he quit, and they can impeach him for lying about it. Why not? An equally flimsy excuse worked to impeach Clinton.
Quote:
Well then, accusations of Obama "sleeping and couldn't be bothered" shouldn't bother you right ?

Accusing me of "phony outrage" ? LOL..you're the one who seems to be upset over questioning Obama's whereabouts that night.
Hell...on 9-11 Bush and Rumsfeld disappeared.....or was in Cheney? The military couldn't even get acknowledgemnt or authority to shoot down one of the passenger jets if they saw it headed for a target. The first military jets which were scrambled headed east over the Atlantic.

Quote:
Hicks called it a consulate yesterday. I don't really care what it is called.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
And the local militia informed the State Dept they would no longer protect the Ambassador.
So they were operating with 2 security people at Benghazi.

Stevens brought 3 more with him. Sounds awfully light given the compound had numerous previous incidents reported.
Which I believe is why Hicks said they planned on holding off on any public functions until Stevens was ready to leave and limited the time Sevens would be using the facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.