Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 08:54 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,110,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So in an emergency our President said, "Oh well we have no money"....you do know millions were sent to Egypt along with gun running at the same time.
The president doesn't appropriate money. The Congress does.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,897,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yep. Listened to it. The elephant hath labored mightily and delivered unto us... a mouse.
Pretty much. So now that the Republicans have been allowed their little dog and pony show, tomorrow they will return to working on creating jobs, right?

LOL! Yeah, I know, I crack myself up sometimes. Here's what's on the GOP schedule next:

Eric Cantor pledges another Obamacare repeal vote - POLITICO.com

Virtually everything the GOP does is pointless political posturing. Aren't we all thrilled that the House GOP is doing the work of the people?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,856,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I thought he was very credible on most points but that was very speculative, the last thing they wanted to do was send FBI agents in and have more murders.
I believe the US wanted to send the FBI agents in. The speculative part is why were the Libyans apparently resisting. Hicks believes it was because the Libyan President was angry over Susan Rice's comments. However, I believe it was Hicks that also testified that the U.S. hadn't been totally straight with the Libyans on the activities at the annex in Benghazi. Having an operational CIA facility probably was not popular with many Libyans.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:57 PM

30,159 posts, read 18,752,120 times
Default Democratic Benghazi inquiry- embarrassing

Watch the testimony of the three "whistle blowers" over the Benghazi attacks. I have watched them in full four times.

The democratic members of the panel basically, rather than asking direct questions about factual information from the witnesses, have taken a tactic of:

1. disparaging the credibility of the witnesses and their character

2. acting as a "defense council" for Obama

3. threatening the witnesses with the future of their appointments

4. simply espousing nebulous and non descript accusations of "attacks" on the supremecy of the White House.

Viewing these proceedings on C-SPAN shows that the democrats have truly become fascists who want to bury the truth and protect Obama, regardless of what the facts may be.

The liberals do not understand (as was clarified by Watergate), that THE RULE OF LAW is what secures the stability of the US and the recognition that NO MAN, regardless of status, is above the law. When "supreme" or "enlightened" individuals (such as the president) are immune from laws that pertain to ALL CITIZENS, we are on the road to REVOLUTION.

NO MAN, REGARDLESS OF STATUS, IS IMMUNE FROM THE LAW OF THE UNITED STATES. When our "leaders" feel as though they are above the law, the "glue" that holds the Union together unravels. This is why Watergate was important. This is why Benghazi is important.

Liberals, with the actions of democratic members of the review committee, show that the US is in a phase in which the RULE OF LAW does not apply to everyone. If completely exhonerated of any wrong doing, we are on the eve of destruction.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You can't be serious. We conquered and colonized that country, then handed it over to the Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood. You don't turn around and ask these kind of people to then protect you. This whole thing is ludicrous. After bombarding that country for 9 months, then we're supposed to ask permission to fly a plane? Yet, unarmed drones are okay.
It makes no sense.
Hicks testified that we had the Libyans permission for the drone and would need their permission for armed military aircraft. He also said that they would have likely given permission.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then send in the gdam marines to protect em. The mooslims all love us now that Obama killed the hated momar for em didn't you hear?? I guess not. I don't think they did either. Only you lefties heard all that nonsense and believed it.
Hicks testified that our support among many Libyans is quite strong.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:04 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,242,067 times
Default What will happen to Hillary?

How about it everyone. What will happen to Hillary? Will she be held accountable? The President? Susan Rice? Will anyone be held accountable? Who will be the fall guy/gal?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:05 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,687,721 times
NOPE, sorry Phonycons......nothing is going to come of it.

I would really, really like to know WHO sent Diplomats and their staff to a violent 9th world country....with no serious and highly armed security forces protecting them???????

Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,970,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The president doesn't appropriate money. The Congress does.
Yeah and hell is frozen......he went behind their backs just as he said he would. Even if congress okay'd it, thats if they ever did....... is our President that dumb?

Money to a war torn country, who got the money?

Old 05-08-2013, 09:23 PM

764 posts, read 598,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So in an emergency our President said, "Oh well we have no money"....you do know millions were sent to Egypt along with gun running at the same time.

If this is the reason our President held out.....what would be your answer if it were your family that was killed? Does giving money to other countries override any solider or military personel in trouble, if so this is disturbing.
You mean the money that we've been giving Egypt since 1979, as part of an agreement that's kept general peace between Egypt and Israel?

I absolutely guarantee that if Obama stopped giving them money, the right wing would IMMEDIATELY ***** and whine about how him not continuing that policy is proof that he doesn't care about Israel.

Benghazi's over. Move on to the your next manufactured outrage...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies