Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514
Lots of hysteria in the last three pages of this thread. It's actually pretty funny. Some posters here are going to implode when this all comes to nothing. It will be no loss to the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's already come to something, now what will y'all do? Hopefully rethink your allegiance to his highness.
LOL yep but some people believed Obama and his promises and they will hang on no matter the proof. I wonder if that girl who thought she wouldn't have to worry about paying her mortgage no more is still hanging on to HOPE & CHANGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Don't forget all the innocents Obama's drones have killed.
Yep, I put the link at the bottom of the post.

things-democrats-would-have-freaked-out-about-if-bush

Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I don't think anyone at the time had the answer as to what was actually going on. Not even the people here with their flaming postings.

Stand down from what?
Uh hmmm, what about Ambassador Stevens saying they were under attack AND Hicks stating there were no protests?
Seems to me the people on the ground new exactly (as did the White House since they were watching LIVE) what was happening.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Hicks was in Tripoli.

As it happened. But the answer as to what was going on?

Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The video = lie, perpetuated by people at the highest levels in government You don't think it's important to get to the bottom of this? Yes, Clinton should definitely be brought back, and someone should tell her what difference it makes. Maybe she'll feel the heat and tell the truth this time around.
I would not hold my breath in regard to Hillary telling anyone the truth. As the Washington Post described her during her congressional testimony on Whitewater in 1996, "Hillary is a congenital liar." -- William Safire.

I suspect that is why they never had her testify under oath, because they know oaths and vows are completely wasted on that dishonorable scumbag.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Hicks was in Tripoli.

As it happened. But the answer as to what was going on?
And in contact with Benghazi or do you think Stevens was telepathic? THAT'S IT! They were doing secret telepathy experiments and the State Dept was dialed in as was the White House right along with watching it (again) on LIVE TV from a drone overhead.

What part of they knew but it was inconvenient at the time to say the truth?

Of course I guess you can believe they were watching reruns of petticoat junction on their monitors and had no clue, up to you I guess.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
I have no idea what they were watching. Neither do you.

Benghazi was a small isolated outpost more than 400 miles away from closest US forces. If they were watching it thats all they could do. At that time.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Is that all you've got? Pointing to a completely different situation as a defense in this one? That's the best you can do?
Ok, then go rob a bank and when you're caught tell 'em that the last administration stole from people and didn't get in trouble and see if you get off or anything more than a trip to the cackle factory.
Yes, that is what I've got (facts), and it's a hell of a lot more than what you've got (manufactured partisan outrage).

Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama had promised to end Bush’s hawkish foreign policy and the “war on terror’s” detention and interrogation regime. But in the beginning of his fifth year as president, Obama’s record has been surprisingly similar to his predecessor’s in those areas. Obama was unable to deliver on his pledge to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center, which Bush had also said he would close.

Democrats fought George W. Bush’s troop surge in Iraq in 2006. Obama copied it in Afghanistan in 2009.

You would think Democrats would react the same way they did to Bush’s surge policy. But they were really more like

American deaths in Afghanistan have skyrocketed since Obama took office.
This is all true. Democrats are not above partisanship. But certainly neither are Republicans. You should actually support Obama's policies and applaud him for continuing Bush's legacy, like you did when Bush was president. Instead, Republicans have practically become pacifists. At least in Afghanistan, the fight is actually focused on a relevant area with a very strong, direct causal link to 9-11...not an area targeted based on allegations that turned out to be fiction.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hillary Clinton to father of American murdered in Libya: We’ll ‘make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.

She is a tool just like, i did not have sex with that women. lying must obviously run in this family.

That was the most discipable thing she could do, to look that man in his eyes, and tell him this. What a friggin idiot, don't care who that tool is, or who she may be covering for.
Watch more of this story will emerge.

Tell a stupid lie, guess what, that gosh damn lie backfired didn't it. Truth so much better, do you deny this.

The administration does not know how to tell the truth, and we are talking about this one, not past, don't change the damn subject.

Think this one was is better, who in the hell are you kidding? And your obviously delusional.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
We learn something new every day. Soon, dictionaries will have a new meaning of the word 'stylistic'. It seems that if you make 'one' 'stylistic' change to a document, it can be up to 147 words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.