Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,783,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Congratulations.

You have posted the dumbest thing ever on C-D.
In the South that quote is true. Sad. But true.

Outside of the South, probably not as much. Maybe the Southwest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,060,351 times
As far as people like you are concerned there is no black perosn on Earth who is qualified to do anything other than the most menial tasks or something sports related I'm sure. So naturally you would assume that something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Libs vote black because first and foremost, it's the 'inclusive' thing to do. Qualifications mean nothing to the left. 'Diversity' is far more important. So it's either white guilt or being conditioned to go with 'the big tent' as opposed to quality.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 AM

365 posts, read 647,734 times
999 would have fixed America. Thanks White People!!!

Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,451,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well. "racism" and "white guilt" are liberal talking points. Racism is, usually, the quick draw term, used to describe conservatives, when the issue is entitlements, immigration, reparations for slavery, gun control, or not liking Barrack Obama. White guilt is a term they use, privately, for the most part, to describe themselves, when patronizing blacks and Hispanics, primarily. Like defending the New Black Panthers at the pols in Philadelphia, justifying riots after incidents like Rodney King, and the subsequent aquittal of the "angry black youth" who almost killed Reginald Denny. Those are just, well remembered incidents of liberal "white guilt", though there are many more. This thread was started without near enough thought. Talk about spin.

I didn't realize that liberal wackos were so ashamed of the use of these terms, that they would actually try and shift the blame, for the use of them, onto their opposition. Interesting. One could really get in deep, talking about these terms, and how they have been used, but, the purpose ,of the OP here, does not merit that kind of discourse.
No, they are conservative talking points. They use them everytime a black conservative isn't elected (racism) or a black liberal is (white guilt)

Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM

18,014 posts, read 15,769,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No, they are conservative talking points. They use them everytime a black conservative isn't elected (racism) or a black liberal is (white guilt)
Nope. You read my post. I stand by it. Proudly. Besides, I cited a lot more viable examples

Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 PM

63,603 posts, read 29,767,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeclyde View Post
999 would have fixed America. Thanks White People!!!
If you are referring to Herman Cain's plan I was all for it and I was hoping he would be more in the running for the presidency as I really liked him. Too bad about his scandal that ruined it for him. And by the way, I am WHITE. You were sayin?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,478,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Ever notice how anytime conservatives vote for a conservative black person the dopey-arse libs say it's to prove they aren't racist but when they don't vote for a liberal black person, or any liberal minority for that matter, the libs say it's because they're racist?

Such is the fantasy land the stupid liberals live in.
I was going to say the same thing

Old 10-22-2017, 12:10 PM

35,747 posts, read 17,682,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlier thread - Why must there be "White Guilt" to resolve racism?
Sequential posts:

JBGUSA: But other groups have been persecuted. (link)
Phetaroi: What do you mean...and so what? (link)
JBGUSA: The persecution that has been inflicted on the Jews makes Negro slavery look like childs' play. (link)
Groups as well as individuals have some very real problems. Racism is certainly one of the many contributing factors. Others, also resulting from a rather brutal history of slavery, involve serious deficits in family structure.

The past administration in many ways mocked the formation and maintenance of families, even though Barack, Michelle and their two children were the epitome of a traditional family. One of my biggest disappointments of the Obama years was that the President didn't spend more time teaching the black people that getting ahead is needlessly hard if many families are single parent, and often not adult parents.

While I voted for McCain and Romney I hoped that Obama would lead by words as well as example. Instead, we got advocacy of transgender bathrooms. What must be resolved is the inferior status of the underclass, not "racism."

Old 10-22-2017, 12:14 PM

35,747 posts, read 17,682,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well. "racism" and "white guilt" are liberal talking points. Racism is, usually, the quick draw term, used to describe conservatives, when the issue is entitlements, immigration, reparations for slavery, gun control, or not liking Barrack Obama. White guilt is a term they use, privately, for the most part, to describe themselves, when patronizing blacks and Hispanics, primarily. Like defending the New Black Panthers at the pols in Philadelphia, justifying riots after incidents like Rodney King, and the subsequent aquittal of the "angry black youth" who almost killed Reginald Denny. Those are just, well remembered incidents of liberal "white guilt", though there are many more. This thread was started without near enough thought. Talk about spin.

I didn't realize that liberal wackos were so ashamed of the use of these terms, that they would actually try and shift the blame, for the use of them, onto their opposition. Interesting. One could really get in deep, talking about these terms, and how they have been used, but, the purpose ,of the OP here, does not merit that kind of discourse.
How about both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies