Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,458,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why would conservatives feel the need to justify Vietnam? That was a war started and escalated by liberals and ended by a conservative.
I don't know. Ask people like Sean Hannity, etc. why they do.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,771,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I don't know. Ask people like Sean Hannity, etc. why they do.
You watch Hannity?

Who knew!

Exposed...

Old 04-07-2013, 04:07 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,828,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The dying vet seems like a bit of a whiner.
How many tours have you done in Iraq or Afghanistan? Or did you serve during the Vietnam War?

Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM

13,186 posts, read 12,409,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If Saddam had WMD and did not use them against Americans when we attacked Iraq, when would he use them? If not then, then when???
That bit of common sense eludes that fact with many on the right

Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope: check your sources, the congress approved it. regardless of whether it was a good or a bad move, congress did support him on this.
They did support him based on faulty information known by the Bush adminstration.
Basically it was like if someone told you that your little brother is getting beat up by a group of guys that you did not like and you went and got more guys to beat them up, just to find out that they had nothing to do with it, Whose fault is it?

Is it the person that gave you the wrong information that you really wanted to hear without checking on it (Bush/Cheney)?
Is it the guys who believed you and went in based on your word (Congress/Military)
Or is the people that got beat up for being disliked in the first place (Iraq)

Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 26,032,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope: check your sources, the congress approved it. regardless of whether it was a good or a bad move, congress did support him on this.
I find it interesting how the Republicans, right-wingers, and conservatives never take responsibility for anything. Although, they did want to take credit for the killing of Osman-bin-laden, LOL!

Tell us nmnita, what responsibility does Bush and Cheney have for attacking Iraq?

Old 04-07-2013, 05:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 16,039,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He was hoodwinked into fighting an immoral war, was severely injured because Bush/Cheney did not provide adequate armor, and is dying. Should he be laughing?
We don't sign people up and promise they will not go to war. NEWSFLASH: WHEN YOU JOIN THE MILITARY THERE IS A CHANCE YA MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE TO GO TO WAR. He is committing suicide. I have little sympathy for suicidal whiners.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,594,292 times
Young people who join the military typically have no clue what they are in for. I've seen many military academy grads suffer culture shock when they had to begin their 8 or 10 year tour of duty. Reality just steps up and slaps you. It used to be that youngsters had father, uncles, or other relatives who had been in one of the services and could speak from a knowledge base. Not much of that any longer. So many seem to join for the GI Bill benefits especially college money. Others join because they have no clue what they want to do in life. Going into one of the combat boxes for a tour or multiple tours is stressful and our society today avoids stress at all costs. Harsh world.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
We don't sign people up and promise they will not go to war. NEWSFLASH: WHEN YOU JOIN THE MILITARY THERE IS A CHANCE YA MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE TO GO TO WAR. He is committing suicide. I have little sympathy for suicidal whiners.
That is an interesting comment coming from someone that prefers to be a keyboard commando. Granted there are individuals who thrive on the idea of a strengous regimented training but the majority of military members join the military the same reason that you look for work, to provide for their families. There are some that go in for educational opportunities and others that go in for travel but I repeat no one goes in with the thoughts of going to war and getting hurt. Yes there is a chance that it can happen and it is usually cause by those who never served for the benefit of large multi-national companies. Do you really think that it is a coindence that when the economy is bad that military membership are always at it's highest levels? I guess that it does not matter that the same people that never served in the military are the same ones that are responsible for the economic downturn as well

Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM

24,602 posts, read 33,554,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
What in the world does "sequester" have to do with the suffering of this soldier over many years? Are you really this heartless?

Fail? I couldn't have said it better myself, as you surely did fail here.

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq | Mother Jones

In case you do not wish to check out the link, here are a few highlites:

1/30/01 Saddam's removal is top item of Bush's inaugural national security meeting. The president saying, "Go find me way to do this."

11/21/01 Bush collars Rumsfeld. "What is the status of the war plan? ...I want you to keep it secret."

3/2002 "------- Saddam. We're taking him out." Bush to Rice and 3 senators.

3/2002 Cheney tells Republican senators that the question no longer is if the US will invade Iraq, but when.

6/2002 "The president has already made up his mind." Rice

6/2002 Military bombings begin. A total of 349 targets are attacked prior to the beginning of war.

7/2002 Gen. Franks secretly requests $700 million for war preparations. Bush approves, unbeknownst to Congress. The money is taken from appropriations for the war in Afghanistan.

10/11/02 Congress - including all serious Democratic contenders - votes to grant Bush power to go to war.

Ahah! I knew that it was Congress's fault!
You forgot one:

1998... Bill Clinton signs a bill making regime change in Iraq official U.S. policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies