Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,705,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you also don't like the fact that this young soldier wrote a letter expressing his opinions about what he's been through.

Lol, no one hates the First Amendment as much as a rightie who might just learn something.
Did I say that? Why, no, I didn't.

The silly whiner can pizz and moan all day. Makes no difference to me. Especially when his little tantrum is published in garbage like ME.

The Blame Bush crowd is so............actually, I can't think of a word that accurately describes their utter stupidity.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 PM

78,732 posts, read 60,928,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young joined the Army because our country had been attacked. He wanted to strike back at those who had killed some 3,000 of his fellow citizens. He did not join the Army to go to Iraq, a country that had no part in the September 2001 attacks and did not pose a threat to its neighbors, much less to the United States.

He was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. His life is coming to an end and he is living under hospice care.

Dying Iraq War Veteran Writes Last Letter To Bush And Cheney

4,488 soldiers and Marines died in Iraq.
Good for him. I personally wish we'd never gone into Iraq.

Now if I could just get you to be anti-war instead of just anti-republican, that would indeed be a feat.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,705,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now if I could just get you to be anti-war instead of just anti-republican, that would indeed be a feat.
You inadvertently nailed the reason some diatribes are ignored. This one has nothing to do with the actual subject but was dragged around only because blame was put on people the OP hates. It has nothing whatsoever to do with reality.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,883,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Why do you assume that I am not anti-war?

Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,883,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Did I say that? Why, no, I didn't.

The silly whiner can pizz and moan all day. Makes no difference to me. Especially when his little tantrum is published in garbage like ME.

The Blame Bush crowd is so............actually, I can't think of a word that accurately describes their utter stupidity.

Trust me.......you can't fix stupid! Your fact is passing through empty space between ears of those silly Bush blamers.
Let me see if I understand this. We should not blame Bush for the war in Iraq, the fallen soldiers there, or the soldiers who were killed there because Bush ignored pleas for suitable body armor for the soldier there.
Quote:
A secret Pentagon study has found that as many as 80 percent of the marines who have been killed in Iraq from wounds to the upper body could have survived if they had had extra body armor. Such armor has been available since 2003, but until recently the Pentagon has largely declined to supply it to troops despite calls from the field for additional protection, according to military officials.
Pentagon Study Links Fatalities to Body Armor

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2013 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 11:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,026,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
......Or that over a million Iraqis and over 3,000 Americans not to mention over billions of dollars were lost and that Cheney/Bush profitted from it all

Yet Bush, Cheney, Rove and Rumsfeld sleep like babies. They're due some serious karma.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,292,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
[MOD CUT/off topic]Tell me why is he writing a letter to Bush about the conditions of the VA, does he still think Bush is President?
[MOD CUT/off topic]

I don't agree with this guy, but it's stupid to trivialize his service by talking about deaths in Chicago.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 04-07-2013, 05:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young joined the Army because our country had been attacked. He wanted to strike back at those who had killed some 3,000 of his fellow citizens. He did not join the Army to go to Iraq, a country that had no part in the September 2001 attacks and did not pose a threat to its neighbors, much less to the United States.

He was paralyzed in an insurgent ambush in 2004 in Sadr City. His life is coming to an end and he is living under hospice care.

Dying Iraq War Veteran Writes Last Letter To Bush And Cheney

4,488 soldiers and Marines died in Iraq.

I have huge respect for people who have served in our military. However, I have zero respect for Thomas Young. He joined the Army voluntarily and then he chooses to go on to complain that he didn't like being sent somewhere he didn't choose to go. Unfortunately that was part of the oath he voluntarily took when he signed up. This man's actions make him an embarrassment and a disgrace to our veterans who have served honorably. Anyone who hasn't seen this should watch it.

Body of War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,500,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I have huge respect for people who have served in our military. However, I have zero respect for Thomas Young. He joined the Army voluntarily and then he chooses to go on to complain that he didn't like being sent somewhere he didn't choose to go. Unfortunately that was part of the oath he voluntarily took when he signed up. This man's actions make him an embarrassment and a disgrace to our veterans who have served honorably. Anyone who hasn't seen this should watch it.

Body of War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He joined the army voluntarily to serve his country not to go on some madman`s crazy adventure searching for wmd`s that he knew didn`t exist.[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2013 at 09:34 AM..

Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He joined the army voluntarily to serve his country not to go on some madman`s crazy adventure searching for wmd`s that he knew didn`t exist.[MOD CUT/off topic].
That's an interesting comment. Please cite where soldiers in the Army can dictate which wars they choose to fight. BTW: He says he joined to go to Afghanistan. But darn it....he got sent to the other war he didn't want to go to.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.