Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 AM

52,817 posts, read 34,710,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I didn't know Carter or his opinions were relevant to world events.

Please note the date of your link.
i don't get it. why is that date a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 07:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
Jimmy can stop opining now. He has successfully achieved the position of #2 Worst President In American History.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,806,156 times
There probably is less fraud in Venezuela's elections. Mexico's elections are more honest and legitimate than ours because they prevent fraud and do not allow millions of non-citizens to vote and control the outcome of their elections.

The outcome of the elections in those hispanic nations doesn't mean there was any fraud. The people got the kind of leader they wanted.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Former US President Carter: Venezuelan Electoral System

The United States has the worst due to the influence of too much money influence. He's not far off the mark. I'll bet that Venez voters don't have to stand in line for hours to
vote as witnessed in florida and ohio this past november.
In my view: Carter was a crappy Pres which is shared by many, even liberal historians, but he is basically a good man and has done a lot for those in need. That being said, he appears to either be losing it or not thinking straight. This isn't the first questionable statement he has made in the last few years..

Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,958,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't get it. why is that date a problem?
Because like the statement..."Mussolini kept the trains running to schedule", timming is everything. The statement was true at the begining of Mussolini's regime, but for a whole host of reasons was not so later in the regime.

Or like the concept of "hope and change", which was the mantra of the early Obama adminstration. Kept alive today those critical of the President as a failure of his entire adminstration; but no longer used as by the President to define his adminstration.

Jimmy Carter could have commented on the early elections that put Chavez into power and the ones following...but after Chavez consolidated power and silenced his opponents, Carter's statment could not still be considered his observations durring that era.

So timming matters.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,846,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Jimmy can stop opining now. He has successfully achieved the position of #2 Worst President In American History.
Who is number 1 then?

I guess you mean Obama (not that I agree with that of course) - so how did Barack view Chavez anyways?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies