Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 12:05 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,435,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
viagara =/= birth control.
Sorry that this is so difficult for you to understand.
It's not medically necessary, either.

The Pill is 60 years old. Women have menstruated for centuries without estrogen supplements. It's not medically needed, either in 99% of the cases. If there is a medical need we cover it. Seems pretty fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No, not at all. Instead if people can't afford birth control then they shouldn't be having sex (though birth control is cheap from PP).
Except.....IN REAL LIFE.....people are not going to stop having sex because they can't afford the pill.

And...... if they can't afford the pill, they certainly can't afford a child.

It is astounding that some people would rather pay to raise that child instead of paying for the pill.

Cut off nose to spite face.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM

688 posts, read 653,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Don't quote me if you can't keep up.
Stop talking if you don't know what about.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
It's not medically necessary, either.

The Pill is 60 years old. It's not medically needed either in 99% of the cases. If there is a medical need we cover it. Seems pretty fair.
By using your logic, all women are one size fits all for birth control pills.
Would that work for a chemo cocktail, or would it kill a lot of people?
That doesn't matter, they're a small portion of the population.

You don't get to determine what my medical needs are. You are not my doctor.

The pill was difficult to purchase until the early 70s.
Around the time of Roe v. Wade.
And computers were around since the 1940s. When were they readily available?

Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Except.....IN REAL LIFE.....people are not going to stop having sex because they can't afford the pill.

It is astounding that some people would rather pay to raise that child instead of paying for the pill.

So my choice is I pay for their pill or I pay for their child? Here's another choice: they pay for their pill or they pay for their child.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:12 AM

37,159 posts, read 42,302,670 times
Quote:
So my choice is I pay for their pill or I pay for their child? Here's another choice: they pay for their pill or they pay for their child.
You can fantasize but those who deal with reality have made the choice already, that's why BC (which benefit men, woman and all of society) is the winner. This is why things get so contentious, people are stuck on "what would be in a perfect world if everyone thought like me" instead of "look what we have here...let's do what we can".

Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
By using your logic, all women are one size fits all for birth control pills.
You don't get to determine what my medical needs are. You are not my doctor.

The pill was difficult to purchase until the early 70s.
Around the time of Roe v. Wade.
And computers were around since the 1940s. When were they readily available?
Your logic circuit must be tired. Some people use Tylenol and some like Ibuprofen and some plain aspirin. They are over the counter and cost pennies.

You work with your doctor to find what works for you then go pay for it. I've advocated national health so that's not a concern. If you have a medical condition we cover the pill. Otherwise pay a few bucks.

We aren't in the 1970's. Irrelevant to the discussion and my suggestion.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,082,358 times
Quote:
Again.....IN THE REAL WORLD.....this country is not going to let children starve in the streets because their parents are poor.......and IN THE REAL WORLD......you and I are going to be taxed to support those children.

Me.....I would rather pay pennies to provide for the pill than pay thousands to provide for unplanned children.

Can't you see that you are fighting against your own best interests? Why would you want to pay more taxes instead of less?

Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,909,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Then if they can't afford it there are alternatives. I managed never to get pregnant without using the pill, imagine that.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You can fantasize but those who deal with reality have made the choice already, that's why BC (which benefit men, woman and all of society) is the winner. This is why things get so contentious, people are stuck on "what would be in a perfect world if everyone thought like me" instead of "look what we have here...let's do what we can".
This is the base line for left/right politics.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies