Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 03:30 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,066,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You betcha!

Why Was Trayvon Martin Shot And Killed By George Zimmerman?
**According to Chris Tutko, the director of the National Neighborhood Watch program Zimmerman was not part of a registered neighborhood watch program. . . Not to mention that he wasn't an official neighborhood watch person but a self-appointed neighborhood watch person who broke all the rules about what a neighborhood watch person should and shouldn't do.

Trayvon Martin's Family Calls For Arrest Of Man Who Police Say Confessed To Shooting (UPDATE)
**On his way back home, according to reports, he caught the attention of George Zimmerman, a self-appointed captain of The Retreat at Twin Lakes neighborhood watch.

George Zimmerman not a member of recognized neighborhood watch organization | theGrio
**“The alleged action of a ‘self-appointed neighborhood watchman’ last month in Sanford, FL significantly contradicts the principles of the Neighborhood Watch Program,” NSA Executive Director Aaron D. Kennard, Sheriff (ret.) said in the press statement. “NSA has no information indicating the community where the incident occurred has ever even registered with the NSA Neighborhood Watch program.”

Plus much, much more on Google.
Those links all claim the same thing you are claiming, show me where George Zimmerman appointed himself the captain of the neighborhood watch program. All you've done is proven that there was no official "neighborhood watch" program in the community.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
An average of 6 calls a year is not a lot? Do you call the cops 6 times in a given year? I can't remember when I last called them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Neither can I remember when I last called 911. That was my first thought.
You guys probably don't live in areas filled with people like Travyon Martin.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,830,175 times
Thats true. Lots of people don't live in those kind of neighborhoods.

But at least one in that neighborhood liked to watch ballgames, drink ice tea, eat candy.

Another, as it turns out, liked to carry a weapon, stalked and killed.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:49 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,704,544 times
Quote:
1. Zimmerman appointed himself NW captain; some of the neighbors didn't even want him.

2. He called 911/police numerous times, and the frequency of the calls was escalating. The calls include on of "Children running and playing in the street".
46 Calls - The Daily Beast
Oh, for God's sake. Read the article:

Sanford Police Department has posted reports of 46 911 and nonemergency calls it says Zimmerman made between August 2004 and Martin’s shooting.

Over an 8 year span, that between 5 and 6 calls per year.

Good God!

From what I understand, it's not exactly an upscale complex. And if kids are playing in traffic, a call to 911 seems appropriate. Of course if kids were getting hit by cars and killed, the numbnuts would screech that Zimm wasn't making enough 911 calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Did you even read it?...

46 calls since 2004 until the shooting (2012) is not a lot of calls!
Heh. Looks like you beat me to it.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Thats true. Lots of people don't live in those kind of neighborhoods.

But at least one in that neighborhood liked to watch ballgames, smoke weed, drink ice tea, smoke week and eat candy.

Another, as it turns out, liked to carry a completely legal weapon and knew how to defend himself against an attacker.
Correctly for accuracy and truth.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You guys probably don't live in areas filled with people like Travyon Martin.
Explain?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:01 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,830,175 times
Nope. Your correction is wrong.

Those serious injuries Zimmerman had.

B U L L.

I've seen worse in a high school football practice session.

That little boy-man wasn't hurt physically. His pride was though.

And he soooooooooooooooooo wanted to play the hero.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,278,319 times
Quote:
People who you end up having to shoot because they're on top of you beating your head into the ground to the point where you're fearful for your life.
Oh! You mean the ones you stalk for no other reason than they are black and wearing a hoody and walking through a neighborhood they have every right to be in and who defend themselves from some armed stranger?

Again, Trayvon could very well have felt HIS life was in danger.

And the "beating your head into the ground" is an extreme overstatement of the actual injuries Zimmerman incurred that night - injuries that didn't even require a trip to the hospital.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM

17,865 posts, read 13,795,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, for God's sake. Read the article:

Sanford Police Department has posted reports of 46 911 and nonemergency calls it says Zimmerman made between August 2004 and Martin’s shooting.

Over an 8 year span, that between 5 and 6 calls per year.

Good God!

From what I understand, it's not exactly an upscale complex. And if kids are playing in traffic, a call to 911 seems appropriate. Of course if kids were getting hit by cars and killed, the numbnuts would screech that Zimm wasn't making enough 911 calls.

Heh. Looks like you beat me to it.
I'd be curious how many times the posters on C-D have called 911 over the last 8 years.

I'll start.

I have called 911 zero times in the last 8 years.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,025,815 times
Quote:
Those links all claim the same thing you are claiming, show me where George Zimmerman appointed himself the captain of the neighborhood watch program. All you've done is proven that there was no official "neighborhood watch" program in the community.
Kat showed you repeatedly that Zimmerman wasn't an official Neighborhood Watch member; that report is so consistent because it's true. Perhaps you could provide a link proving otherwise.

George Zimmerman not a member of recognized neighborhood watch organization | theGrio

[quote]
“In no program that I have ever heard of does someone patrol with a gun in their pocket,” Carmen Caldwell, the Executive Director of Citizens’ Crime Watch of Miami-Dade, told theGrio. “Every city and municipality has their own policies. Here in Miami-Dade we train people only to be the eyes and ears of their communities. Not to follow and most definitely not to carry a weapon.”
Despite this, Zimmerman admitted that he had fired a weapon on the night of the incident. In addition, the non-emergency call Zimmerman placed on February 26 before the shooting revealed he had been pursuing Martin by car before accosting the youth on foot — all direct violations of Neighborhood Watch policies.[end quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies