Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 AM

563 posts, read 809,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Sometimes I wish that were true, or a required intelligence test.
There is the great debates forum on here. Slower paced, higher thinking.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,646,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Quit pushing education as a way to better yourself *******s! Thanks a lot!
You are quite welcomed but to tell you the truth, we only want liberals to be educated, we would rather keep the dumb redneck conservative just that, dumb.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,580,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Quit pushing education as a way to better yourself *******s! Thanks a lot!
Shucks.

I'll leave being smart to those elitists.

19,784 posts, read 15,163,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You are quite welcomed but to tell you the truth, we only want liberals to be educated, we would rather keep the dumb redneck conservative just that, dumb.

Damn it, you outed our agenda. Thanks a lot!

6,137 posts, read 4,875,556 times
Strawmen aside, I don't think a single one of you genius liberals gets the point.

The OP makes it pretty clear.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM

68,387 posts, read 54,656,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/bu...nies.html?_r=0

Great article from the New York Times. Even a $10/hour job as a document runner for this law firm requires a college degree now. All of this thanks to degree inflation, or shall I call it degree water down. All because liberals think everyone has the right to go to college. If one tries to even insinuate that maybe college might not be right for everyone. they throw a hissy fit.
BULLS**T!

There's nothing forcing the law firm hiring a $10/hr runner to require a degree for the position.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,710,577 times
Quote:

Great article from the New York Times. Even a $10/hour job as a document runner for this law firm requires a college degree now. All of this thanks to degree inflation, or shall I call it degree water down. All because liberals think everyone has the right to go to college. If one tries to even insinuate that maybe college might not be right for everyone. they throw a hissy fit.
Meanwhile the people seeking careers in trade skills, like plumbing, woodworking, carpentry, construction, brick laying, carpentry, etc... are not discussed by Obama at all. There are no grants to owners of trade skill businesses to hire and train people, because they don't have cool names like Skip Gates, don't have deep pockets, or college basketball teams, and their students don't borrow billions of dollars in tuition loans from the government. Also, these businesses don't help move Obama's liberal agenda.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,704,234 times
Oh look, another "it's the liberals fault" thread. No proof whatsoever to back up the claim as usual, which is not surprising. Just another attempt for someone to voice their disdain for "liberals". Would be nice if someone offered up a solution, rather than slinging mud at a group that may or may not have played a part in breaking another aspect of our society. But if we did that, we'd clearly see that both conservatives and liberals are to blame for all our problems. And we can't have that. It's a bi-partisan war, back to the mud slinging!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,427,519 times
Quote:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm OK.

THIS liberal realizes that not everyone is college material, and I respect people who opt out of college and train for a trade instead. Up to them.

I also realize that not every job requires a degree and have been in positions before where I have recommended non-degreed candidates over degreed candidates for IT jobs.

You were saying?

Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,163,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Strawmen aside, I don't think a single one of you genius liberals gets the point.

The OP makes it pretty clear.

Where exactly in the article does it mention liberal? Quote, please.

This has nothing to do with liberal policy. It has everything to do with the job market being a buyers market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies