Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM

651 posts, read 705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We can't because the NRA lobby stops us from doing it.
And what you would have to pass a law that would make it illegal not to have it charged up every night. LOL Really, thats your solution? I can change the ballistics on any barrel by using emery cloth and abrasive material with a few passes through it. I can change the fingerprint on a firing pin by doing the same thing. Every time you come up with some lame ass thing someone can figure a way around it. LOL GPS in a gun. WOW Not saying you Versatile, but the poster of that stupid idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Gun owners are bad guys???
Some are.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
But still.....40% of deaths by car crashes are caused by drunk driving.
I would venture to say 40% of gun deaths are cause by drunk shooters.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,253,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
And what you would have to pass a law that would make it illegal not to have it charged up every night. LOL Really, thats your solution? I can change the ballistics on any barrel by using emery cloth and abrasive material with a few passes through it. I can change the fingerprint on a firing pin by doing the same thing. Every time you come up with some lame ass thing someone can figure a way around it. LOL GPS in a gun. WOW Not saying you Versatile, but the poster of that stupid idea.
You are assuming that we will be using battery technology that is outdated. Your computer has a battery that will last 5 years or better. The new Lithium batteries will last years longer.
Yes you can change the firing pin and the ballistics if you have the knowledge,ability, time, and desire to do so. NOTHING is fool proof. We can certainly reduce these incidents with new technologies.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are assuming that we will be using battery technology that is outdated. Your computer has a battery that will last 5 years or better. The new Lithium batteries will last years longer.
Yes you can change the firing pin and the ballistics if you have the knowledge,ability, time, and desire to do so. NOTHING is fool proof. We can certainly reduce these incidents with new technologies.
Just where are you going to put one on a gun that someone who does not want it tracked can not disable it? Its a cost that wastes time and money and in the end will not work. There is almost no where you can put one, that if you change stocks its overcome. Its another solution that will not work. You may as well try to put tracing on bottles of Jack to keep drunk drivers off the road. Its just stupid.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,780,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You have to take multiple tests to operate a vehicle, how many do you have to take to handle a gun???

No I don't. I drove my first automobile at 12 years old. No test, just a parking lot with my father in the passenger seat. Try again!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
No I don't. I drove my first automobile at 12 years old. No test, just a parking lot with my father in the passenger seat. Try again!
Remember that if you take your gun out in public in CCW style you have to take training to get the lisc. I don't have to take any training if I keep my gun and my car on my property.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
People who commit violence with a gun, as long as they are apprehended, do face criminal charges. So I don't get your point. Nobody is seeking to punish responsible gun owners.
Well, only states like New York, CA, WA and COlorado. And of course every law abiding gun owner if the foolishness proposed by Obama and Fineswine happen to go through. Saying what you did, I suppose it doesn't punish drivers if they are restricted to cars with 2 seats and 3 cylinder engines. And have to have a federal background check done every time they sell a used car?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Exactly. How come a lost phone can be traced with GPS, but we can't put a simple GPS chip on a gun in order to track it down if it's stolen or sold illegally?
No one has ever proposed stopping you from putting such a chip or device on your guns.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:02 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,439,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
The title statement is about as dumb as some who post about how many are killed with guns and that in and of itself means we need more regulation. Its like the smoker vs the chewer, don't blow smoke up my ass and I won't spit on you.

You know its almost funny . .you are making the point for the other side, you just scored a basket for the other team!

Why?

Take a look at automobile regulation in the last 50 years, and the impact to number of lives saved. You could easily say this is a prime example of how/why increased regulation helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies