Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times

Advertisements

Comparing gun deaths to deaths by motor vehicle, how ordinary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,100,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I suggested training gun owners and you asked why should we make criminals more proficient.
Train 'em in what?

If I consider spending big bucks on a nice new revolver, then I'm gonna be confident that I know how to use it.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times
Quote:
Over 6000 have died in Auto accidents since Sandy Hook, we need more Auto restrictions

This number would be much higher if we did not have any standards and regulations regarding the cars and the drivers.

6,331 posts, read 5,216,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
DUI laws had minimal effect; it's awareness that contributes to less deaths. DUI laws simply added to the local jail populations and put some cash in the coffers. Consider this:

The majority of drunk drivers convicted are not first time offenders.
DUI laws are about making money, not reducing accidents.

My solution, you drive drunk the state impounds your car, end of story. Alex Jones paranoid preppers would be up in arms about this whining about a dictatorship however.

10,553 posts, read 9,660,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Isn't it ironic that with cars, we punish those that break the rules, via arrests for things like reckless driving, DWI, etc. We don't take cars away from those that obey the laws. We don't restrict the horse power or number of seats to reduce deaths.

Perhaps we should try the same for firearms. Actually punish those that misuse them, rather than those that use them properly and responsibly.

People who commit violence with a gun, as long as they are apprehended, do face criminal charges. So I don't get your point. Nobody is seeking to punish responsible gun owners.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Isn't it ironic that with cars, we punish those that break the rules, via arrests for things like reckless driving, DWI, etc. We don't take cars away from those that obey the laws. We don't restrict the horse power or number of seats to reduce deaths.

Perhaps we should try the same for firearms. Actually punish those that misuse them, rather than those that use them properly and responsibly.
Laws are already in place. Get caught poaching a deer and see what happens. Randomly discharge a firearm in my city and get caught doing it.....see what happens.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,216,423 times
Quote:

You deny rights of law abiding adults to buy alcohol.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
And its illegal to go into a school and shoot kids. Taking away guns is not going to stop people from doing horrible things. The worst mass killing in history in this country in a school was done in 1927 in Michigan with explosives. Michigan 1927 school killing was worst in nation's history - News - Voice News
Wrong.

NEW 9/11 FOOTAGE! * WARNING! DISTURBING IMAGES. - YouTube

Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM

651 posts, read 705,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Did you not read my post, IN A SCHOOL, the towers were not SCHOOLS

Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
DUI laws are about making money, not reducing accidents.

My solution, you drive drunk the state impounds your car, end of story. Alex Jones paranoid preppers would be up in arms about this whining about a dictatorship however.

100% agree..... MADD came out and made communities aware of the dangers. The Law saw a money making opportunity.

Awareness has a much better effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies