Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,080,050 times

Advertisements

Dismiss it? What else should we do with "climate change"?? The climate has changed for hundreds of thousands of years. Nothing we as humans do will effect it unless you buy into the CO2 nonsense. So all we can do is adapt which by the way we can. If it comes to a point that we can't then we as a species will die out. It really is that simple. Thinking that breathing is hurting the environment and contributing to super storms and asteroids is pure isnanity. Oh and pay me and we can fix it. LOL. A sucker born every day though to pay that bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,485,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Dismiss it? What else should we do with "climate change"?? The climate has changed for hundreds of thousands of years. Nothing we as humans do will effect it unless you buy into the CO2 nonsense. So all we can do is adapt which by the way we can. If it comes to a point that we can't then we as a species will die out. It really is that simple. Thinking that breathing is hurting the environment and contributing to super storms and asteroids is pure isnanity. Oh and pay me and we can fix it. LOL. A sucker born every day though to pay that bill.
Seems I recall dirty air in salt lake city on the news a few weeks ago. Seems I recall destruction of the ozone so the republican savior Reagan regulated cfcs.

Humans impact the environment. Does CO2 effect it? Jury is out, but as someone who thinks humans screw up just about everything we touch, I say the less, the better.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

So your of the belief we should stop breathing and that will save the environment?? Your talking about pollution and trying to make the dance over to co2 is pollution like the EPA has done. It's pure nonsense. I've never seen anyone who thinks global warming is pure BS all in for pollution have you? We adapt and try and reduce pollution. Paying somebody for carbon credits to shell out the same amount of CO2 is doing nothing but, well, paying somebody for nothing.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM

20,503 posts, read 12,456,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Limiting human impact on the environment is a good thing. We screw everything up, so environmentalism was a conservative issue.

Should we destroy the economy to do it? No, but limiting impact of humans is always a good thing. And as most kniw with climate change, it leads to larger swings of extreme weather. Like any other heat exchange system.

In my opinion, those that dismiss that fact are as idiotic as those who think we should end all carbon emissions tomorrow.
Ending all cabon emissions tomorrow would end in 5 billion people starving to death in about a year.

doing nothing about CO2 will end in almost no deaths.... if any.

AND in 20 to 40 years we will see technology shifts that will lead to a very different energy economy with far less exposure to fossil fuels so really the do nothing people are nowhere near as bad as the do everything now people.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,701,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
You see, asteroids are actually giant space moths attracted to warm planets and....
I turn out my lights, early so they can't aim for my house.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:24 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,350,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Talking to Bill Nye about science should only be done by 6 year olds trying to understand why backing soda and vinagar makes bubbles.

Nye has proven to not understand complex climate science on multiple occasions.

or if he does, then he has been purposfully lying about it.
None of which changes the fact that it was a dumbass question.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:30 AM

24,813 posts, read 24,485,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So your of the belief we should stop breathing and that will save the environment?? Your talking about pollution and trying to make the dance over to co2 is pollution like the EPA has done. It's pure nonsense. I've never seen anyone who thinks global warming is pure BS all in for pollution have you? We adapt and try and reduce pollution. Paying somebody for carbon credits to shell out the same amount of CO2 is doing nothing but, well, paying somebody for nothing.
I didn't say that, in fact I said limiting human climate pollution, with no economic impact is what's needed. Not stop folks from breathing, because we are a part of the environment. However, large coal plants releasing gases at rates not normal to the environmental rate of carbon emissions is not natural. Doesn't mean we should shut coal down, but it means regulation that doesn't hurt the economy is a good thing.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 AM

What is normal? CO2 is not a static thing in the atmosphere and never has been. Nobody can say what is normal just like nobody has ever told me what the optimum temperature for the earth should be. You have to have a baseline to start from but we just see all kinds of fancy squiggly graphs plotting thirty years here or a hundred years there and saying it has warmed or cooled when in the big picture a hundred years isn't anything. That is why IMO it's all nonsense. How many points in time has co2 decreased and water vapor or methane or what have you increased to keep the greenhouse effect going? The earth has survived volcanoes and meteors and all kinds of crap a few coal plants isn't going to destroy the damn thing. If these global kooks cared about stopping coal emissions they would be demanding China do something but they aren't. They just want to get paid.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,715,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Talking to Bill Nye about science should only be done by 6 year olds trying to understand why backing soda and vinagar makes bubbles.

Nye has proven to not understand complex climate science on multiple occasions.

or if he does, then he has been purposfully lying about it.
I think he is principally an entertainer who knows enough about science to speak to basic or limited parts of it.

After all, we have journalists who speak to a great many things as if they are the go-to experts.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,715,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I turn out my lights, early so they can't aim for my house.
I think that is only for baby turtles. LOL

Village of Key Biscayne - Marine Turtle and Oceanfront Lighting Information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies