Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

228 posts, read 483,903 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, obviously no one really knows what is going on in the global warming realm. One minute you hear people putting forth science FOR mad-made global warming with videos like "An Inconvenient Truth", the next people are debunking much of the so-called evidence, and scientists are coming forward to admit that their reports may not have been so accurate after all.

But the truth is, we don't really know for sure whether this whole issue exists or not. We don't have another earth that exists, with life forms who create factories that spew out CO2 that we can compare too. Time will only tell.

What I see on these boards is a turn completely AGAINST global warming, and the majority of people on here dismiss anything that says that we, as humans, are altering our planet. All of a sudden people seem to regard smoke stacks as harmless, and factories as well as their by-products as a neutral thing. So I ask you:

If man-made global warming is a hoax, do people not realize that regardless of whether CO2 is a "pollutant" or not, that it is not the only thing that comes out smoke stacks, or as a by-product of our various factories and refineries?

You can deny the greenhouse effect all you want, but you simply can't deny the smog in Bejing, the air quality of places like San Jose, or the fact that the run-off from the Mississippi River has created a huge dead-zone in the Gulf of Mexico that extends for literally hundreds of square miles.

Why are we all of a sudden dismissing the creation of green jobs and thinking it's ok to continue our disgusting and irresponsible pollution of this planet just because there is a debate going on that man-made global warming might be a hoax?

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe not dumping toxic waste into the very biosphere that created and sustains us is more important and significant then creating jobs or allowing us to continue our repulsive lifestyles of conspicuous consumption and excess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM

20,313 posts, read 37,294,686 times
Forget about creating "green jobs" at the moment. Just create any job regardless of being green or not.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:23 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,319,400 times
AGW and climate change in general is not a booleen equation. I don't know of too many people who advocate unchecked industry. I believe the earth has warmed since the last ice age. My backyard was covered in ice 10k years ago. I believe we should be cautious and prudent whenever possible. I deny that taxing Americans a trillion bucks and redistributing it to some poor ******* in the outback of Africa is going to do the planet any good.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,711,503 times
Well,

I think that we need to stop using oil for personal transportation not because of the environmental side effects but because of the economic effects. OPEC is mad at us and they are intent on hurting us. And we are buying there product? I'm for going for photo voltaic and electric cars. The solar cells would be on top of the house and you would have two batteries One hooked up to the cells and the other in the car. With Li tech you can use one battery to recharge the other with lead acid you would need to change batteries. That is my idea.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,655,769 times
I think there's some type of global climate change going on but I don't think it's man made.
The earth is just doing what it has done over time..change and adjust. And we won't stop it no matter how hard world governments try.

You can't stop Mother Nature.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 381,168 times
Science: Another Ice Age? - TIME

Time Magazine's article on the Science of global COOLING...the RETURN OF THE ICE AGE!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,592,079 times
Even if Global Warming is a hoax, what is so wrong with respecting the Earth we live on and our children will live on and so forth?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,655,769 times
Where's Al Gore when you need him ? Why isn't he all over the press defending his position ?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 381,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Even if Global Warming is a hoax, what is so wrong with respecting the Earth we live on and our children will live on and so forth?
Absolutely nothing... but using it through fear is.

Doesnt matter if it is Global Warming or WMDs

BEWARE THE ICE AGE Science: Another Ice Age? - TIME

Old 02-19-2010, 03:18 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,535,863 times
There have been many threads on here about this. What about all the scientist who were blackballed and discredited for telling there story? Why did that happen if the evidence was so strong that they were wrong?

There is strong evidence that information was distorted and erased.

Considering how very important this information was to the world--it was handled with total irresponsibility and like it was unimportant. Maybe because they felt over confident that we were convinced hook,line and sinker already.

There are many things that have been changed to lower pollution. Destroying alot more of our industry for a scheme. But that's right, whatever industry pollutes more just buys carbon credits, courtesy of the government and paid to the government.

So have any of you read Obama's Green Plan yet? That alone would fundamentally change the United States to a place you would not recoginize. It's really a sick document.

httpwww.landrights.orgGreenPlan4Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies