Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
actually one can refuse for any reason they so choose. people for example discriminate all the time when hiring people. is it fair? no but the law sucks like that and my life is living proof of how unfair the law/corporations etc are.
the reason they get away with it is they hide it.
Actually, they cannot refuse service for "any reason" - although the specific laws do vary from state to state, discrimination based on race/creed/religion/etc is illegal. Whether or not people try and get away with it (they do) is one thing, but the law is quite clear on the matter.

Quote:
I think the OP is not saying that. the issue is infringing on other's freedom. with the way some of these people word things, one would come to the logical conclusion that they have intentions of overstepping their boundaries

but regardless being gay is inborn. you can't disagree with it as they did not choose to be that way.

I've never understood that concept, of "being okay" with another person's sexual orientation. What, do they think gay people will turn straight just because they find it icky? And how does anyone need approval to be how they were born? I've never heard anyone declare they're okay with my being a redhead, and that's even more "abnormal" than homosexuality! LOL

Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
So its OK for a business to decline service if you're black, jewish, or just not attractive enough?

Being black or Jewish is not a matter of preference, and you most certainly can be declined service for being too ugly. Show up at a super trendy night club on Saturday night and see how many ugly people get inside.

As for homosexuality, I care less what you do for fun as long as you don't try to force it on me.

I am personally disgusted by homosexuality and the origin of this sense of disgust is genetic.

I couldn't change if I wanted to.

Why is it liberals need everyone to be on the same page as thought we were Germany in the 1930s?

Nature's obvious design is just that.

Having a meeting in which what is obviously true is declared officially no longer true doesn't make what is true false.

Two plus two equals four even if someone decides it now equals five or three.

This is the case with those who argue homosexuality is natural or normal.

Obviously it is neither and you are attempting to force the rest of us to believe what is clearly untrue.

Last edited by momonkey; 02-25-2013 at 12:53 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 01:45 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Actually, they cannot refuse service for "any reason" - although the specific laws do vary from state to state, discrimination based on race/creed/religion/etc is illegal. Whether or not people try and get away with it (they do) is one thing, but the law is quite clear on the matter.
you're right. I guess even ageism is illegal in the workplace? but I think my point still stands that the law still sucks. it may be illegal but often the law might as well be worth as much as the bible. it's just like how someone ran into our window at our old apt. sure they did a report but the people who did it got off scot free.
now if I was rich you can bet that they'd care because people crack down all the time on harmless montage videos on youtube since they think it "hurts" the rich creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I've never understood that concept, of "being okay" with another person's sexual orientation. What, do they think gay people will turn straight just because they find it icky? And how does anyone need approval to be how they were born? I've never heard anyone declare they're okay with my being a redhead, and that's even more "abnormal" than homosexuality! LOL
haha I know. it's just like how my father would get on me for being boy crazy. unfortunately I do often feel like I need his approval (thanks to genetics!) but damn I'm a female what do you expect? I would like to try though and see what happens if I pretended to be a lesbian...may lessen it but chances are he would still find something to pick on esp being the person that he is and I think those who disagree with gay people would be the same way. if the gay person would turn straight then what? would you be satisfied? people are just never satisfied you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I am personally disgusted by homosexuality and the origin of this sense of disgust is genetic.

I couldn't change if I wanted to.
oh please so you would be ok with it if a gay person said that about your heterosexuality? seriously, genetics is not a valid excuse here. it is in my genes to play the blame game since father did that a lot but do I let that define me? now nobody said it would be easy but nothing is ever easy. you can change your line of thinking towards gays if you wanted to. it just takes time and hard work.

Last edited by Nickchick; 02-25-2013 at 02:04 AM..

Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
I'm straight.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Why do liberals feel the need to label those who disagree with them and tend to do so in a put down way?

teabaggers, homophobes, uncle toms

Its downright wrong and idiotic how if you express or say something not positive of gays, you get labeled as a homophobe by the media. ********* and your labels and your intolerance of those who have their own views and opinions

Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,514,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post

And those are only from the first page of topics. [The only issues that seem to grab more threads are hating gun rights, and abortion. After reading a lot of these threads through and through (which I'll not do again anytime soon), I came to the realization that certain parts of the C-D forum have become the domain of the disaffected: those (mostly older) Americans who have become estranged from societal progress, disdainful of differences, alienated from their neighbors, distrustful of evidence not in synch with their beliefs, hostile to people who question the basis of their beliefs, and fearful of the future ... all because ...

Stop reading the hate-filled liberal posts on here.

Hell, just watch MSNBC if really want to know liberals are told to think.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why do liberals feel the need to label those who disagree with them and tend to do so in a put down way?

Its downright wrong and idiotic how if you express or say something not positive of gays, you get labeled as a homophobe by the media. ********* and your labels and your intolerance of those who have their own views and opinions
Because liberals are the most intolorant people on the planet. Most racist too.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,896,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

They know their sinful disgusting lifestyle is wrong. Because of that inescapable fact they are desperate
to legitimize their filth in order to feel better about themselves.

I hate the sin but only have pity for the sinners, it can't be a fun way to live.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post

but regardless being gay is inborn. you can't disagree with it as they did not choose to be that way.

There is no scientific evidence that being gay is inborn. None.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Having a meeting in which what is obviously true is declared officially no longer true doesn't make what is true false.
But there's an old saying "Perception is Reality". If you can convince enough people to think and behave as if it is true, in a lot of ways the actual truth doesn't matter.

Like how liberals don't even make a token effort to prove that Republicans are racist. They simply declare it.

R "It doesn't matter how many times you say it, that doesn't make it true"

D "So what? If I say it enough times believe will believe it anyway, so it doesn't matter if it's true"

Last edited by kidkaos2; 02-25-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies