Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 AM

5,389 posts, read 7,252,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
The armed forces of the "good ol' USofA" will never conduct raids or confiscations against its own citizens.

That will be left up to the ATF and FBI, which wouldn't stand a chance against a wide-scale, civilian armed insurrection.

Either way, this conversation is pointless. The federal government will never get away with such unconstitutional legislation.
1. There won't be a wide scale insurrection. Any insurrections will be small pockets of disgruntled people, the average American will not join them.

2. There have been insurrections of armed citizens in our country's history from Shay's Rebellion, Whiskey Rebellion, Southern states rebellion, and more. Throw in Indian wars while you're at it. They all had the same outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,245,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Then they will be arrested, charged and convicted for obstruction of justice.

I really don't care.

good luck with doing that to 1+ million people. overload the all ready overloaded courts.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:38 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,903,878 times
Quote:
I wonder how far anti-gun lawmakers are willing to go until they tear this country in two. They seem awfully secretive about about the penalties for non-compliance.

This is going to get interesting. In the region where I live, I could almost guarantee less than 10% would comply with any new legislation, whatsoever.

Outright Rebellion In NY Over Guns - YouTube

EDIT: Bonus Video

Piers Morgan absolutely destroyed by Ben Shapiro, who makes the best pro-second amendment arguments I've heard so far. Must see...

Ben Shapiro Owns CNN'S Piers Morgan Tonight Destroyed Gun Control 1/10/13 2nd SECOND AMENDMENT NRA - YouTube
Awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Go 2A! Fug the pansy *******s!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,886,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Look, I don't care what whining gun nuts think or say. I just want more of them voicing their whiny, violent, I am going to be forced to kill people if gun laws are passed that I don't like, insanity.
In other words, you're lazy. Just say it. That bag of cheetos ain't gonna eat itself.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM

59,532 posts, read 27,680,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What we need to do is stop worrying about what Bush did. He has been out if office for over four years.Let's move ahead. We need to make sure that they do not take any more of our rights away. There are too many people in this country that are willing to give up the rights for all Americans because they have a problem with something they don't like. Some of them will wake up after it is too late and wonder what the hell happened.
Most people that complain about the Patriot Act don't know much about the details of the Act.

Notice the same ones who do complain NEVER complain that the dems with complete control of ALL 3 branches DIDN'T do a thing about the Act but, keep complaining about Bush.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM

68,387 posts, read 54,651,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A lot of assuming on your part, don't try to deflect the issue with "but....but...but what about Bush". This issue is about the NY law and how unjust it is. Show your thoughts on that , if you want to take other issues take them to another thread for debate instead of trying to water down this issue.
Unjust or unconstitutional?

There's quite a difference.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,513,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You mock at those who try to protect YOUR right???? What kind person are you?
I never realized that MY right is the right to gun down 70 people in a movie theater in app. 30 seconds. I may have to sign up for a class in Constitutional Rights.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,070,718 times
Quote:
The armed forces of the "good ol' USofA" will never conduct raids or confiscations against its own citizens.

That will be left up to the ATF and FBI, which wouldn't stand a chance against a wide-scale, civilian armed insurrection.

Either way, this conversation is pointless. The federal government will never get away with such unconstitutional legislation.
Don't forget about the good old FEMA corps. They graduated their first class last year. DHS is buying up all those weapons for somebody to use.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,610,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I never realized that MY right is the right to gun down 70 people in a movie theater in app. 30 seconds. I may have to sign up for a class in Constitutional Rights.
Your right, and duty, is to neutralize the stated scenario.

Ban violence, not agents of violence.

Legalize hemp, and greatly reduce restrictions on other drugs (A medical problem is generally a little less bloody than a criminal one), then the cartel is out of a job.

Make guns more availiable, and present in public places, and a violent shooter can be taken out in seconds rather than minutes becuase it is quicker for a trained vigilante to draw than for police to arrive. Criminals will also lose their advantage of access to illegal guns that law abiding citizens can't own.

Make possession of drugs in schools legal, so long as the drugs aren't consumed during school hours. Even then, nonpsychodelic smokeless drugs would get even greater leaniency. (Who cares if you dip skull or pop a cough drop?)

Greatly reduce, but do not abolish, the FDA. (Organic foods should be legal as long as the consumer knows it is organic. If you know what you are eating, and you choose to eat it... its your health, not the person next to you.)

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,070,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You think people in the US have the right to gun down people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies