Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,973,273 times

Advertisements

What we need to do is stop worrying about what Bush did. He has been out if office for over four years.Let's move ahead. We need to make sure that they do not take any more of our rights away. There are too many people in this country that are willing to give up the rights for all Americans because they have a problem with something they don't like. Some of them will wake up after it is too late and wonder what the hell happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,884,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
Then they will be arrested, charged and convicted for obstruction of justice.

I really don't care.
You really should care, and that mentality is everything that is wrong with our country today.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,062,145 times
Quote:
I really don't care.
The constitution is under attack and you don't care.

Thank you for summng up quite succinctly the attitude of many liberals.

If you don't like this country, then leave.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,884,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What we need to do is stop worrying about what Bush did. He has been out if office for over four years.Let's move ahead. We need to make sure that they do not take any more of our rights away. There are too many people in this country that are willing to give up the rights for all Americans because they have a problem with something they don't like. Some of them will wake up after it is too late and wonder what the hell happened.
All I am saying is that not only is this an attack on our civil liberties, it is a battle of public opinion, and it will be exponentially harder to garner support from those either sitting on the fence or to sway the opinion of staunch anti-gun folks without at least acknowledging when the attack on the constitution really began - Under Bush.

It's about credibility, and to be blindly pro-conservative and attack Obama, you will be just as well served to admit Bush was a criminal, too. Again, this is about credibility and public opinion.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Then they will be arrested, charged and convicted for obstruction of justice.

I really don't care.

Of course you don't care. And that is the problem we have now. Too many like you are willing to give up out rights as Americans.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
All I am saying is that not only is this an attack on our civil liberties, it is a battle of public opinion, and it will be exponentially harder to garner support from those either sitting on the fence or to sway the opinion of staunch anti-gun folks without at least acknowledging when the attack on the constitution really began - Under Bush.

It's about credibility, and to be blindly pro-conservative and attack Obama, you will be just as well served to admit Bush was a criminal, too. Again, this is about credibility and public opinion.

I agree.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,377,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I agree.
That is the exact same argument I was making that you were offended by, I guess it could be my writing style. But anyways, I thought it was interesting that the leaders did not answer what the penalty were for not being in compliance. Do you know or anyone else what the penalties are?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Some old guy whining about guns counts as a rebellion these days? Talk about a very low bar for you guys.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,261,865 times
It is a "Good Thing" to ban guns - - - Predators dislike being shot at by their prey.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
It is a "Good Thing" to ban guns - - - Predators dislike being shot at by their prey.
Because someone armed with a gun has never been shot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies