Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I wonder how far anti-gun lawmakers are willing to go until they tear this country in two. They seem awfully secretive about about the penalties for non-compliance.

This is going to get interesting. In the region where I live, I could almost guarantee less than 10% would comply with any new legislation, whatsoever.

Outright Rebellion In NY Over Guns - YouTube

EDIT: Bonus Video

Piers Morgan absolutely destroyed by Ben Shapiro, who makes the best pro-second amendment arguments I've heard so far. Must see...

Ben Shapiro Owns CNN'S Piers Morgan Tonight Destroyed Gun Control 1/10/13 2nd SECOND AMENDMENT NRA - YouTube
As always, I hope gun nuts keep speaking in public. I hope more Americans here gun nuts talk about the second amendment and the violent fantasies and conspiracy theories they believe. The belief they are prepping to kill federal agents or the dark hordes from the inner city when the US economy collapses. It is all very insane stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
As always, I hope gun nuts keep speaking in public. I hope more Americans here gun nuts talk about the second amendment and the violent fantasies and conspiracy theories they believe. The belief they are prepping to kill federal agents or the dark hordes from the inner city when the US economy collapses. It is all very insane stuff.
And, apparently, you are too damn lazy to watch the videos.

Having an opinion is a good thing, but just be sure, for your own sake, that it's an educated opinion.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Some old guy whining about guns counts as a rebellion these days? Talk about a very low bar for you guys.
Looked to me more like an over-flowing meeting hall filled with concerned, law-abiding citizens participating in a civil question and answers session with the New York governor.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-04-2013 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Some old guy whining about guns counts as a rebellion these days? Talk about a very low bar for you guys.
You mock at those who try to protect YOUR right???? What kind person are you?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM

17,788 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
From the meeting:

The left fears guns in the hands of law abiding citizens because only those people can effectively prevent their transformation of our republic into a tyrannical entity.
Yep, you, your buddies and your guns against the Armed Forces of the USofA. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yep, you, your buddies and your guns against the Armed Forces of the USofA. Good luck!
The armed forces of the "good ol' USofA" will never conduct raids or confiscations against its own citizens.

That will be left up to the ATF and FBI, which wouldn't stand a chance against a wide-scale, civilian armed insurrection.

Either way, this conversation is pointless. The federal government will never get away with such unconstitutional legislation.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 PM

198 posts, read 167,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The same old guy most likely had Bush bumper stickers on his car and voted for him too. And now he can have his door kicked in with out a warrant and be held indefinitely after being labeled a terrorist. So which commies are you referring too? the ones on the right or left?
One thing I learned as a hunter is that you don't always see your quarry until it moves. And just like the Animals we hunt in the wild you may not be able to identify the communist or tyrants until they act in a manner that exposes them. And I don't care what the political affiliation is, if they kick in my door or my neighbors doors to collect weapons, you can rest assured that they will receive the bullets first.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The United States continues to be a free country. That means that everyone is still free to voice their opinions and concerns, and to force accountability from their elected officials. It is past time that these same elected officials were reminded that they work for us - all of us. They represent both the ones who express concerns about what they perceive to be government over-reach, as well as those pitiful creatures who continually feel the need to tear people down in order to feel superior.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
And, apparently, you are too damn lazy to watch the videos.

Having an opinion is a good thing, but just be sure, for your own sake, that it's an educated opinion.

Look, I don't care what whining gun nuts think or say. I just want more of them voicing their whiny, violent, I am going to be forced to kill people if gun laws are passed that I don't like, insanity.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The United States continues to be a free country. That means that everyone is still free to voice their opinions and concerns, and to force accountability from their elected officials. It is past time that these same elected officials were reminded that they work for us - all of us. They represent both the ones who express concerns about what they perceive to be government over-reach, as well as those pitiful creatures who continually feel the need to tear people down in order to feel superior.

I hope gun nuts continue to express their violent fantasies about killing federal agents and the dark hordes from the inner city when the financial collaspe happens. I hope gun nuts share more their ideas with the rest of America. Please continue to excercise that 1st amendment right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies