Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 03:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,612,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

I do feel that an ordinary citizens children are just as important as the presidents children, yet, there are those who want feel good, do nothing laws will not protect our children, while knowing that their own children will not be effected one bit by those laws.

Do you think that more gun laws will stem the tide of violence?
Is this a new feeling for you or did you opposte ALL presidential protection in the past?

I'm guesssing it's new.

Do you think that more guns will stem the tide of violence?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 03:31 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So then why did you bring it up ?
I felt like it.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So no one has any comment on what LaPierre actually said, just the usual whining.
It's been covered ad nauseum. He said what he said a couple of weeks ago.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,896,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

I do feel that an ordinary citizens children are just as important as the presidents children, yet, there are those who want feel good, do nothing laws will not protect our children, while knowing that their own children will not be effected one bit by those laws.

Do you think that more gun laws will stem the tide of violence?
Yes, limiting magazine capacities will allow a window of opportunity to stop a crazed shooter.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:00 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,080,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
It becomes increasingly clear, in fact has been clear for some time, that Wayne LaPierre is a doddering old fool who shouldn't be left in charge of a retirement home recreation center towel cupboard, much less the most powerful and insidious political lobby organization in the country.
It becomes increasingly clear, in fact has been clear for some time, that your posts are nothing but pureed crap formed into characters that are splatter on the screen like some much mud.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:12 PM

861 posts, read 1,252,829 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy from LaPierre is just astounding. Watch the clip.

NRA's Wayne LaPierre Vs. Fox News' Chris Wallace - Business Insider
LaPierre is well paid to hold the line. At times he looks and sounds ridiculous,but hold the line he does.

Wallace cracks me up. He tries to be like his father, but he is no Mike Wallace. Not by a long shot. If you haven't seen it, check out the YouTube of Bill Clintin eating Chris' lunch. It's great entertainment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyrCVwGyK4

Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,175,862 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy from LaPierre is just astounding. Watch the clip.

"
LAPIERRE: The President's kids are safe, and we're all thankful for that.
WALLACE: They also face a threat that most people do not face.
LAPIERRE: Tell that to the people in Newtown! Tell that to the people in Newtown.
WALLACE: Do you really think that the President's children are the same kind of target as every schoolchild in America? I think that's ridiculous, and you know it, sir."

NRA's Wayne LaPierre Vs. Fox News' Chris Wallace - Business Insider

I have it on good authority that some of those schoolchildren may be Obama's children. Surely we all remember this.

Obama: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obama says his son would look like Trayvon

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon' - U.S. News

All of our children deserve the same protection as Obama's children.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM

709 posts, read 658,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, limiting magazine capacities will allow a window of opportunity to stop a crazed shooter.
No. It won't.

The fact that you think it does tells me two things: You're gullible as hell, and you've never been taught how to effectively handle a firearm.

A 10 round limit on magazines will do nothing to stop crime, and will serve to only be a pain in the ass to competitive shooters everywhere. Moreover, if you go the New York route, you've turned millions into felons overnight. Many people will not turn in any offending magazines, and a smaller subset of those will decide that if they're going to be a felon anyway, they're going to make it count.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:57 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,924,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
I have it on good authority that some of those schoolchildren may be Obama's children. Surely we all remember this.

Obama: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obama says his son would look like Trayvon

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon' - U.S. News

All of our children deserve the same protection as Obama's children.
Here's my favorite finger:

George W Bush gives one finger salute - YouTube

Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM

709 posts, read 658,390 times
For those who think changing magazines is such an arduous task:

AR-15 Fast Mag Change Challenge. - YouTube

Quick Magazine Change - YouTube

The fastest clip you'll probably ever see. - YouTube

Fast AK-47 Magazine Change with the Mag-Well-Polymer.avi - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies