Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,933,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I thought you fools didn't watch Fox (or as the illiterate spell it: FAUX).

I thought you fools thought everything on Fox was bogus.

I thought you fools thought everything on Fox was silly.

I'm sure glad you're seeing the light.
Wallace occasionally decides to wake up - him, Geraldo and Shepherd Smith. Wallace does have a need to atleast maintain a shred of honesty considering his lineage.

But don't worry - LaPierre can go bonkers on Hannity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,177,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Wallace occasionally decides to wake up - him, Geraldo and Shepherd Smith. Wallace does have a need to atleast maintain a shred of honesty considering his lineage.

But don't worry - LaPierre can go bonkers on Hannity.
LaPierre is correct.

Where is he a hypocrite anyway?

He's not the one calling for gun restrictions.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,145,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
If gun owners want to protect their right to own guns, they HAVE to take steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who can't safely handle them. This means universal background checks, and it means removing state and federal hurdles which keeps the names of some mentally incompetent and dangerous individuals off the list.
We don't HAVE to do anything, and we aren't...

The NRA is not the end all be all of gun rights. Many of us don't even like the NRA because it makes moves against the other smaller gun right organizations or supports bills that hurt us and act as if they speak for all of us.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 AM

31,384 posts, read 37,301,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Shall not be infringed."
Every Supreme Court decision from Marbury to Heller disagrees.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,184,444 times
Truth is, we should all be supporting Wayne LaPierre. You know that running graph that CNN has when they hook up 12 dullards with electrodes during presidential debates and speeches to find out what "the people" like? That line would be plummeting every time this genius opens his scabby pie hole.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
We don't HAVE to do anything, and we aren't...

The NRA is not the end all be all of gun rights. Many of us don't even like the NRA because it makes moves against the other smaller gun right organizations or supports bills that hurt us and act as if they speak for all of us.
This is the point at which one o the gun fondlers chimes in and makes the obligatory, "I haven't given to the NRA in years! Larry Pratt and the Gun Owners of America are far better! They want absolute gun rights, no exceptions!"

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,078,401 times
When US presidents need millions $ of protection from the American people, it's a sign they don't work for the people.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,145,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
This is the point at which one o the gun fondlers chimes in and makes the obligatory, "I haven't given to the NRA in years! Larry Pratt and the Gun Owners of America are far better! They want absolute gun rights, no exceptions!"
I actually prefer some of the smaller, grass root organizations that work at the state level.

Granted GoA and NRA will make more of a splash.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I actually prefer some of the smaller, grass root organizations that work at the state level.

Granted GoA and NRA will make more of a splash.
Militias? Say, is that one goofball in Michigan still active with his militia? I remember Rush and others touting him in the 1990s. He sort of looked like Bud Grant.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM

33,639 posts, read 18,400,991 times
In Chicago they kill one another and I don't see any protection there as the innocents are gunned down. Of course the culture of music has glorified guns, mistreating women, and disrespect of authority. And I don't see Obama speaking against it. Obama could have done so much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies