Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM

38,780 posts, read 26,586,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It goes with the territory, really. When I first joined this board it was a bit more centrist, but over time it's been taken over by the conservative right wing and with that comes misogyny.

So what do you care?

You're six feet tall and can carry an eighty pount backpack several miles.

Hell, you're practically a grunt.

It'll take a lot more than some hurtful criticism of the fairer sex to get your mascara running!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 09:44 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,372,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
[font=Arial]There is evidence to support the Bible's claim on who was the first to cause the downfall of humanity.
Evidence?

That is freaking hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
the problem with feminists is that they think men and women are exactly the same - that's a bad start.
Really? Can you show us some manifesto or article or somewhere that the Basic Tenets of Feminism state that feminists "think men and women are exactly the same?"

Because unless you can, I'm just going to assume you don't know what you are talking about but instead just pull baseless garbage out of your butt and post it as fact...

Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,775,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
When I did online dating on a religious site I knew conservative on there meant very misogynist as in "women shouldn't work", "women are destroying society", etc. It was very scary to know there are men who still believe that women have every right to be abused and cheated on by men.
It is scary.

I think there's a fundamental terror that misogynist men have, a lack of self-esteem, a suspicion that they're not really men and might be found out, a lack of emotional and mental strength, a fear that they lack something that other men have.

Men that are not afraid of women, are not afraid that they'll be left behind by women, that women will destroy them, that women need to be controlled, their activities curtailed, and their ideas dismissed. Men that are afraid of women feel women are their enemy. Very, very sad.

I ADORE men who are so incredibly confident that they don't have to feel afraid of women!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM

38,780 posts, read 26,586,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Hardly... conservatives kiss women's asses for the most part too. Not quite as much as liberals, but they definitely do. They are always encouraging marriage, which as everyone knows is a raw and unfair deal for men due to crazy divorce settlements.

There really is no current political party addressing men's issues.

And by the way, calling out feminists on inconsistencies is not the same as misoginy. I'll admit some of my posts have been harsh on women, but this isn't one of them. To disagree with a feminist hardly makes one a woman-hater.

It does when the inconsistent one-sided man-hating positions of feminists cannot be defended with logic.

Feminism, as it exists in America today, is redistributive liberalism by another name.

They'll claim with their last dying breath that they want equal opportunity, but that's bull ****!

What they want is superior rights, special treatment and transfer payments when that doesn't get them what they want.

Their criteria for measuring opportunities afforded them and the level of fairness they have been treated with is always the final outcome as measured by their own skewed and dishonest standard.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,775,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It does when the inconsistent one-sided man-hating positions of feminists cannot be defended with logic.

Feminism, as it exists in America today, is redistributive liberalism by another name.

They'll claim with their last dying breath that they want equal opportunity, but that's bull ****!

What they want is superior rights, special treatment and transfer payments when that doesn't get them what they want.

Their criteria for measuring opportunities afforded them and the level of fairness they have been treated with is always the final outcome as measured by their own skewed and dishonest standard.
Care to explain to everyone what you mean EXACTLY by "redistributive liberalism" is? Please provide 2 real-life examples, if you would be so kind.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,052,382 times
More women graduate college than men.
More women obtain graduate degrees than men.
Very soon, there will be more women MDs than men.

Last time I checked, most sports bars were filled with men complaining about their lot in life. Maybe it's time for some men to stop idolizing other men and go back to school and increase the liklihood they can qualify for and maintain better paying jobs and support their families.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:16 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,783,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Last time I checked, most sports bars were filled with men complaining about their lot in life.
When was that?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,447,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
When was that?
Any Ladies Night.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,404,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
There it is... the classic "you can't get laid" insult that feminists always resort to when they realize there is no logical way to explain their thinking.
Take a walk over to the relationship folder.
We know how to read what people write. We also have memories and know how to use the search feature.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,096,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
It is scary.

I think there's a fundamental terror that misogynist men have, a lack of self-esteem, a suspicion that they're not really men and might be found out, a lack of emotional and mental strength, a fear that they lack something that other men have.

Men that are not afraid of women, are not afraid that they'll be left behind by women, that women will destroy them, that women need to be controlled, their activities curtailed, and their ideas dismissed. Men that are afraid of women feel women are their enemy. Very, very sad.

I ADORE men who are so incredibly confident that they don't have to feel afraid of women!
I'm not afraid of those people, but highly skeptical of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies