Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 04:17 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,102,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Took exactly 4 replies from a post against feminism for a shaming response to come out. Happens every time.

I don't like welfare. You hate the poor.
I don't like abortion. You want to control womens' bodies.
I don't like government healthcare. You want people to die in the streets.
I don't like Obama. You're a racist.
I don't like free birth control. You want to impose your religion on everyone.

and

I don't like feminism. You just can't get laid/you're threatened by independent women.

It's funny how liberals like to talk about right wing talking points as if they don't have their own standard list of strawmen to trot out for any occasion.
I used to believe Democrats/liberals were tolerable, but only of those who have similar views to them. They're no different from Republicans/conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,102,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Me too. One guy on the dating site (he's still on there go figure)started sending me this hateful online book about women obeying men and men having the right to hit them if they disobeyed. He then admitted he hit his exes. He also bashed working moms and just a horrible guy. He's mad because the world has changed and women don't rely on men like they used to.
If women are independent and don't rely on men, then why do so many continue to seek permanent alimony with the help of big daddy government in an event of a divorce?

A lot of them are moving up in society because they're receiving monthly alimony checks and living in the man's house, the house that he bought.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:35 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,889,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually, when I was a kid I had all the crayons and colored pencils thrown in one box. I was forever being scolded for coloring things 'incorrectly', so yes, that's exactly how I was.

I'm so sorry you feel threatened by women who have an opinion. Trust me, I take everything on this board (especially rants by the far right posters) with a huge grain of salt
You have a vagina?
That is how you identify yourself?

Being a woman is no more than having a vagina?
We're you born with it or did you get it through elective surgery?

I have a penis, however I have much more respect for myself than to believe my identity comes from this biological fact. I think that penis is instrumental for the elimination of toxins and creating children but beyond that has very little to do with what being a man is.

Such as:

- A loving and supportive husband
- A caring and involved father
- A trusted friend to others
- A reliable confidant who exercises discretion
- A protector and provider for those in their care
- A dutiful son and grandson
- A leader at home, at work, in the community, church and other social institutions

I believe a lot is entailed to being a man which has entirely nothing to do with a penis other than perhaps how you use that penis maybe.

I believe those who believe intimacy with anyone regardless of gender, commitments, marital status, age and maturity have no idea what being a man is. I rather think the term trailer trash, a extremely harsh and vulgar term is more appropriate for such people.

I also have similar standards regarding women.
Those standards are my personal opinion, no more no less.

However, I think there are many people like me that people like you confuse with misogynists. When actually we have great respect for women who have respect for themselves which typically has little to do with women who somehow think the existence of a vagina in and of itself somehow entitles them to respect.

Now that said, I actually agree with your premise that the original statement about women shaving is a demeaning stereotype - however it was used by feminists at one time as a statement of feminine equality so it is not as if there isn't a precedence. My main point being your declaration of having a vagina impinges and labels you as an extremist stereotype rather than a rational, thinking, strong woman worthy of our attention and respect.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:42 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,376,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
You have a vagina?
That is how you identify yourself?

Being a woman is no more than having a vagina?
We're you born with it or did you get it through elective surgery?

...I think there are many people like me that people like you confuse with misogynists. When actually we have great respect for women who have respect for themselves which typically has little to do with women who somehow think the existence of a vagina in and of itself somehow entitles them to respect.
Wow. You really read a whole lot into the three or four lines she wrote. Why, you were able to completely psychoanalyze her and present a cogent outline of her entire life philosophy!

You should probably send her a bill.

And, miraculously insightful as you are, if you aren't a counselor or therapist, I think you're in the wrong line of work.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Wow. You really read a whole lot into the three or four lines she wrote. Why, you were able to completely psychoanalyze her and present a cogent outline of her entire life philosophy!

You should probably send her a bill.

And, miraculously insightful as you are, if you aren't a counselor or therapist, I think you're in the wrong line of work.
I have daughters, reminded me of what I have recently been teaching them about self-respect and some of the push-back I get from media, school, well-meaning friends, doctors etc. as well as the blatant misandry that passes as female empowerment or the teem/tween version of the message - Grrrl Power!

Female Empowerment = Justification for women to ape the worst characteristics of men and behave promiscuously.

Grrl Power = Justification for girls treat boys with no respect other than as potential hook-ups.

(as for a bill, you're the one who seems impressed - you can pay me whatever the going hourly rate is)

Old 01-27-2013, 05:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,728,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
If women are independent and don't rely on men, then why do so many continue to seek permanent alimony with the help of big daddy government in an event of a divorce?

A lot of them are moving up in society because they're receiving monthly alimony checks and living in the man's house, the house that he bought.
Moving up in society ~ who cares? Moving up the corporate ladder is more like it AND at the same rate of pay as a man doing the same job.

I don't know ONE feminist who gives a shyte about where she's at in 'society'. You must be referring to those pampered trophy wives ~ who's husband left them and NOW they collect alimony. Often after their husband leaves them from a younger version.

I actually do not know many women TODAY who identify themselves as a 'feminist'. That seems more like a seventies or eighties word. Today - women just expect equal treatment - thanks to feminists of yesterday.

I know not ONE - not ONE woman who received permanent alimony. The one person I know that got alimony was in her 50's when her husband cheated on her with a string of women. She had a college degree but had quit work to stay home with her kids. She was given MAYBE . . . one year of alimony to establish herself in a job. That was it. Of course, she did have income generating capacity because of her degree and prior experience - but it's still not easy starting over at 50 some.

You must know an entirely different breed of woman than what I do if you know all these women collecting lifetime alimony.

What about those golddigger guys that marry older female actresses - then THEY want paid alimony. Is that ok with you?

Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Moving up in society ~ who cares? Moving up the corporate ladder is more like it AND at the same rate of pay as a man doing the same job.

I don't know ONE feminist who gives a shyte about where she's at in 'society'. You must be referring to those pampered trophy wives ~ who's husband left them and NOW they collect alimony. Often after their husband leaves them from a younger version.

I actually do not know many women TODAY who identify themselves as a 'feminist'. That seems more like a seventies or eighties word. Today - women just expect equal treatment - thanks to feminists of yesterday.

I know not ONE - not ONE woman who received permanent alimony. The one person I know that got alimony was in her 50's when her husband cheated on her with a string of women. She had a college degree but had quit work to stay home with her kids. She was given MAYBE . . . one year of alimony to establish herself in a job. That was it. Of course, she did have income generating capacity because of her degree and prior experience - but it's still not easy starting over at 50 some.

You must know an entirely different breed of woman than what I do if you know all these women collecting lifetime alimony.

What about those golddigger guys that marry older female actresses - then THEY want paid alimony. Is that ok with you?
Your the one who lives in a fantasy world if you are not aware of the rate in which women are disenfranchising men of their children, homes, finances and careers.

You want to compare women who break the men who have devoted their lives to them, with the boy-toys of the empowered female! pretty funny.

I don't know about lifetime alimony, but I know alimony except in the rarest of cases only works one way.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,728,028 times
Quote:
Your the one who lives in a fantasy world if you are not aware of the rate in which women are disenfranchising men of their children, homes, finances and careers.

You want to compare women who break the men who have devoted their lives to them, with the boy-toys of the empowered female! pretty funny.

I don't know about lifetime alimony, but I know alimony except in the rarest of cases only works one way.
Yeah; the women I know married to wealthy husbands pretty much are not getting off that gravy train unless they have to. Which - sometimes they do - but usually only when wealthy husband has tired of them. THEN - he might have to pay some alimony - especially if he was one of those macho guys that never wanted his wife to work. That one never works out too well in the event of a divorce ~ for either party.

And I have no idea what you are trying to say in paragraph 2 - it sounds pretty flowery but doesn't make much sense.

And again ~ I know of NO woman who was awarded lifetime alimony. None. Zero.

We must run in different circles.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah; the women I know married to wealthy husbands pretty much are not getting off that gravy train unless they have to. Which - sometimes they do - but usually only when wealthy husband has tired of them. THEN - he might have to pay some alimony - especially if he was one of those macho guys that never wanted his wife to work. That one never works out too well in the event of a divorce ~ for either party.

And I have no idea what you are trying to say in paragraph 2 - it sounds pretty flowery but doesn't make much sense.

And again ~ I know of NO woman who was awarded lifetime alimony. None. Zero.

We must run in different circles.
I'm not talking about the rich and famous.
I'm talking about Joe Average.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:42 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,376,348 times
Quote:
What do court-ordered settlements in individual cases of divorce have to do with feminism exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies