Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,900,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Absolutely not, I have conservative views on a few things as well, but I think the further right you get, the more likely you are to believe women are chattel, that they shouldn't be allowed to do certain things because they are women etc. It definitely seems to be more prevalent with conservatives as opposed to liberals.
When I did online dating on a religious site I knew conservative on there meant very misogynist as in "women shouldn't work", "women are destroying society", etc. It was very scary to know there are men who still believe that women have every right to be abused and cheated on by men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 08:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,900,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
What I want to know is, why I was put on time out for "gender bashing" yet OP and others like him are allowed to keep posting this rubbish unchecked.
I asked a mod this same topic because I got put on time out last month for male bashing yet there is an extremely offensive woman bashing thread here and in relationships.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:24 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,501 times
lol, I've been in that time out club too!

what's a bit of gender bashing between buddies anyway

Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
I think you are single.
Took exactly 4 replies from a post against feminism for a shaming response to come out. Happens every time.

I don't like welfare. You hate the poor.
I don't like abortion. You want to control womens' bodies.
I don't like government healthcare. You want people to die in the streets.
I don't like Obama. You're a racist.
I don't like free birth control. You want to impose your religion on everyone.

and

I don't like feminism. You just can't get laid/you're threatened by independent women.

It's funny how liberals like to talk about right wing talking points as if they don't have their own standard list of strawmen to trot out for any occasion.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I asked a mod this same topic because I got put on time out last month for male bashing yet there is an extremely offensive woman bashing thread here and in relationships.
Feminist bashing does not equal woman bashing. Women are human beings of a particular sex who have a variety of opinions. Feminists are people of both sexes pushing a particular ideology.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,271,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
next thing feminists do will be to reverse the rules of dating.

women will go around picking up men and offering them cash for sex

how about it?

that would be true equality

What if guys and girls swapped roles at the bar? - YouTube

Old 01-27-2013, 01:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Feminists have already re-written hundreds of years of history in this country. In reality, before modern technology, the vast majority of both men and women had miserable lives. But feminism has changed American history into a narrative where all men got rich by a society-wide oppression of all women.

So i think i figured it out. I figured out what the feminists are going to do next. In fact, i would not at all be surprised if a feminist has tried to do this already.

They are going to re-write the Bible. They will go back to the Garden of Eden, and change the story so that only Adam disobeyed God. They will re-write it in a manner that makes Eve completely innocent and pure.

That's my prediction for the next chapter in the one-sided feminist tale of life. What do you all think?
They will make her a single mother, too, and that bad Adam was a deadbeat dad.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,842,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I enjoyed that vid.

of course places like that do exist in the real world - go to any hooker bar in SE Asia and it's very similar.

but in the 'non-paying for it' world - I don't think so.

so where does that leave our equality?

basically, it does not exist.

Feminism is a sham!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I enjoyed that vid.

of course places like that do exist in the real world - go to any hooker bar in SE Asia and it's very similar.

but in the 'non-paying for it' world - I don't think so.

so where does that leave our equality?

basically, it does not exist.

Feminism is a sham!
Feminism is the only hate group that's tolerated in society and endorsed by the government.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,879,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Took exactly 4 replies from a post against feminism for a shaming response to come out. Happens every time.

I don't like welfare. You hate the poor.
I don't like abortion. You want to control womens' bodies.
I don't like government healthcare. You want people to die in the streets.
I don't like Obama. You're a racist.
I don't like free birth control. You want to impose your religion on everyone.

and

I don't like feminism. You just can't get laid/you're threatened by independent women.

It's funny how liberals like to talk about right wing talking points as if they don't have their own standard list of strawmen to trot out for any occasion.
I wonder what percentage truly believe the straw-men arguments and what percentage realize they are intentionally obfuscating the issue and preventing a dialogue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies