Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Please stop embarrassing the rest of us. The Mail Online is the website of the British tabloid the Daily Mail established in 1896. It is hardly a right wing website.

As for the story, I can't find a single sentence that could possibly be described as being "up in arms" over a female Secret Service Agent. The story in even for tabloid standards briefly summarizes the history of woman participants in the parade and a even briefer mention that if more women had been a part of the detail in the past there might not have been a Secret Service prostitution scandal.

I writing this because I spend more time than I care to, pointing out the idiotic posts of right wing contributors who mischaracterize a story or don't even take the time to read it. So I will not tolerate the same shoddy posting from members of the left.
Remarkably even-handed of you.
+1 for mr. Catto

Old 01-21-2013, 05:49 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Reported in the daily mail, a noted right leaning site. They even circled the woman.

stay in the kitchen and make babies, thats the female role to republicans.

Inauguration 2013: Female Secret Service agent protects President Obama as she walks alongside The Beast during parade | Mail Online
"Republicans up in arms over female secret service agent"

"
stay in the kitchen and make babies thats the female role to republicans.

I must say, you sure have vivid ,wild imagination.

I DIDN'T READ ANYWHERE I THE ARTICLE THE THINGS YOU CLAIM.

I find it rather funny, we are constantly bombarded with The first black this, and the first woman that, so now we have a woman in the Secret Service and she is congratulated for making into the very elite President's Security Detail and YOU are whining.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Reported in the daily mail, a noted right leaning site. They even circled the woman.

stay in the kitchen and make babies, thats the female role to republicans.

Inauguration 2013: Female Secret Service agent protects President Obama as she walks alongside The Beast during parade | Mail Online
This is the classic example of reading things that aren't there and displaying the sheeple attitude of political brainwashing.....

Congratulations....

Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Is there that many Republicians in the U.K.?

The things you are describing, i did not read, and yes i know how to read.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
daily mail is a right newspaper.
Comparing a conservative British newspaper like the Daily Mail, to let's say the World News Daily, is like comparing hand grenades to pineapples.

Either way the thread is a distortion of fact.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Uhm... WTF are you talking about? The article doesn't indicate anyone is "up in arms," much less any specific Republican(s) or Republicans in general.
Well?

Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Please stop embarrassing the rest of us. The Mail Online is the website of the British tabloid the Daily Mail established in 1896. It is hardly a right wing website.

As for the story, I can't find a single sentence that could possibly be described as being "up in arms" over a female Secret Service Agent. The story in even for tabloid standards briefly summarizes the history of woman participants in the parade and a even briefer mention that if more women had been a part of the detail in the past there might not have been a Secret Service prostitution scandal.

I writing this because I spend more time than I care to, pointing out the idiotic posts of right wing contributors who mischaracterize a story or don't even take the time to read it. So I will not tolerate the same shoddy posting from members of the left.
I can't rep you again right now, but kudos to you for being fair and consistent.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM

256 posts, read 207,066 times
This is pretty stupid. There is plenty of real material to knock Republicans over.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Comparing a conservative British newspaper like the Daily Mail, to let's say the World News Daily, is like comparing hand grenades to pineapples.

Either way the thread is a distortion of fact.
Daily Mail is pretty bad, is it as bad as World News Daily? No, but few publications are. You are correct, the thread is disengenous

Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM

344 posts, read 427,661 times
What is she doing out of the Kitchen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies