Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,305,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
Reported in the daily mail, a noted right leaning site. They even circled the woman.

stay in the kitchen and make babies, thats the female role to republicans.

Inauguration 2013: Female Secret Service agent protects President Obama as she walks alongside The Beast during parade | Mail Online
I feel like a broken record, but it has to be pointed out when these incidents keep occurring. The core of conservatism is exclusion.

conservatism needs outsiders to hate. It is one of the core ideas conservatives rally around. Ths is why nationalism is so imporant to conservatives. The idea of outside groups threatening the Real America is key to conservative identity.

Who are those outsiders that real America must be protected? The poor, single moms, ethnic and religious minorities, homosexuals, liberals, etc

Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,160,433 times
That woman was objectified as a security object.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,214,532 times
Quote:
Reported in the daily mail, a noted right leaning site. They even circled the woman.

Inauguration 2013: Female Secret Service agent protects President Obama as she walks alongside The Beast during parade | Mail Online
Who are these "Republicans" who are up in arms? BTW, the Daily Mail is a United Kingdom site.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:49 PM

38,034 posts, read 22,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I feel like a broken record, but it has to be pointed out when these incidents keep occurring. The core of conservatism is exclusion.

conservatism needs outsiders to hate. It is one of the core ideas conservatives rally around. Ths is why nationalism is so imporant to conservatives. The idea of outside groups threatening the Real America is key to conservative identity.

Who are those outsiders that real America must be protected? The poor, single moms, ethnic and religious minorities, homosexuals, liberals, etc
Same to you, who are these hateful conservatives you claim to cite, and the hateful Republicans the OP cites?

BTW, you just may be a knee-jerk broken record.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM

94 posts, read 76,570 times
There should be an IQ test before making threads. Maybe it would save some embarrassment

Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,305,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Same to you, who are these hateful conservatives you claim to cite, and the hateful Republicans the OP cites?

BTW, you just may be a knee-jerk broken record.
Are you serious?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,430,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Please stop embarrassing the rest of us. The Mail Online is the website of the British tabloid the Daily Mail established in 1896. It is hardly a right wing website.

As for the story, I can't find a single sentence that could possibly be described as being "up in arms" over a female Secret Service Agent. The story in even for tabloid standards briefly summarizes the history of woman participants in the parade and a even briefer mention that if more women had been a part of the detail in the past there might not have been a Secret Service prostitution scandal.

I writing this because I spend more time than I care to, pointing out the idiotic posts of right wing contributors who mischaracterize a story or don't even take the time to read it. So I will not tolerate the same shoddy posting from members of the left.
+1 and I owe you a couple more.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,054,311 times
Quote:

The ignorant and pathetic train just pulled up into the station apparently.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times
So, I guess you are going to have to provide where in that article the repubs are up in arms.....just like many others on here, they cannot seem to find anything that you are describing.....

Typical of some lefties hereon CD, lie....and swear it's the truth.....

Disclaimer.................

I said SOME lefties.....they know who they are..............

Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,300,843 times
Quote:

Uhm... WTF are you talking about? The article doesn't indicate anyone is "up in arms," much less any specific Republican(s) or Republicans in general.

Quote:
I feel like a broken record, but it has to be pointed out when these incidents keep occurring. The core of conservatism is exclusion. Blah blah blah yack yack yack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Doesn't surprise me, there is no war on women until a woman tries to do a "man's" job, then she is clearly out of line.
Doesn't surprise me that lazy stooges with the impulse control of Pavlov's dog would leap up and shout "doesn't surprise me" without bothering to take 30 seconds to verify if the claim being made is even remotely true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.