Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,780,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Homeboy View Post
Really? I dont know why they would need protection.

They should just declare their newspaper a "gun free zone" and hide behind the printed words of the first amendment for protection.

Isnt that enough to thwart the bad guys?
EXCELLENT response.

Aren't these paranoid gun-haters always telling us that we don't need to own guns, that the police can be counted on to protect us whenever needed?

Surely they believe that includes them, too.

Or does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It's NOT superior intellect...........it's education and training. I would never put myself in a position to have to use a mop and bucket.
Evidently you have no other family alive in that case. I wasn't living with my father and mother in law, but maybe if i had been they would still be alive..

He was US Army 30 years disarmed by the state. He was Kodak Classified another 30 years and his wife was a lawyer...

We his daughters and sons in laws got to mop and bucket up that place......

If you and yours disarm me I won't need a gun anymore, because it will be you and yours who kill me and my wife.

All i can do is my best to promise if that ever happens i will be trying my best to take every other SOB there with me.

I don't fear death a bit anymore.....

So don't count on me ever getting disarmed...

Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This is a newspaper that has long campaigned against the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Now they feel threatened themselves, although there have been no threats in all the massive mail they have received after publishing the names and addresses of gun permit holders.

Their solution? Get some guns!

(Restrictions for thee but not for me!)

--------------------------------------------------------

The Journal News is Armed and Dangerous | The Rockland County Times

The Journal News is Armed and Dangerous

Posted January 1st, 2013

ROCKLAND COUNTY TIMES EXCLUSIVE

Armed guards from RGA Investigations have taken up post at the Journal News’ Rockland County headquarters

BY DYLAN SKRILOFF

Journal News' Rockland headquarters in West Nyack, Town of Clarkstown

Guns are good for the goose but NOT for the gander.

[update---Putnam County officials have since announced their intention to not comply with the Journal News' request for the names and addresses of pistol permit holders]
F'in hypocrites!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As mentioned in the OP, there have been no threats at all.

Nice try.
Seems you haven't read all the posts in this thread.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Evidently you have no other family alive in that case. I wasn't living with my father and mother in law, but maybe if i had been they would still be alive..

He was US Army 30 years disarmed by the state. He was Kodak Classified another 30 years and his wife was a lawyer...

We his daughters and sons in laws got to mop and bucket up that place......

If you and yours disarm me I won't need a gun anymore, because it will be you and yours who kill me and my wife.

All i can do is my best to promise if that ever happens i will be trying my best to take every other SOB there with me.

I don't fear death a bit anymore.....

So don't count on me ever getting disarmed...
If someone murdered my family, I woudn't be the person to clean up the crime scene.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If someone murdered my family, I woudn't be the person to clean up the crime scene.
if you say so..... I suppose you think the cops do that part too

of course all we knew was that on Saturday morning the phone rang and we dropped what we were doping, made a few calls got on a plane, got off the plane took cab ended up at the scene and as all 4 daughters with husbands in tow began to clean up HELL.

We didn't know anything either. So once again your so very superior brain power has totally stumped me, but I am the one who has been there and all you have is pictures.

Like i said, you and or no one else will disarm me alive...........

Also you will never read about me in the news for ever having dialed 911. My original digital device just dials BOOM. It only has one key ya know.

The best thing you can do is tell any bad guys you may know to stay the HELL out of NH..... it's dangerous here to be a bad guy.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,857 times
Default Karma

Like Time/Newsweek's foul, sensationalist cover stories, this is the sound of the Old Media circling the drain and dying an ignominious death

'Gun Map' Newspaper in Circulation Free Fall

Buried at the bottom of a New York Times piece might be the real reason to explain why New York's Journal News did something as sensationally stupid as publishing the names and addresses of over 30,000 legal gun owners living in two New York counties. In just five years, the Journal News' Monday through Friday circulation rate has plummeted almost 40%, "from 111,536 in September 2007 to 68,850 in September 2012."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies